Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery tomorrow 9 am! Jan 16.

You poor thing!!! Hang in there!!

Of course hearing that this rarely happens doesn't help you too much, but you will get through this. I would love to hear an explanation from your doctor as I do not believe any of us has seen anything like it. I am curious if the mistake was made during the procedure, or if it occurred during after-care. Your road is bumpy, but you are in our thoughts.

It's a soft tissue infection no one knows what exactly it is though. They have put be on 4 diff bags of antibiotics one was even an antifungal. Makes me believe they just really don't know. They have to repack it a few times aday. Talk aboit painful. Even morphine doesn't take the pain out of the incision site. Oh and that incision was the one they used to pull the stomach through.

I am on awe at how strong you have been during this time! Dealing with this pain and taking the time to update everyone!

I am glad you are getting the care you need.

Take care,

Laura

Stay strong! This too shall pass.

Sending u my prayers.... stay strong

Thank you everyone so much for checking on me. It means alot.

-Nicole

Thank you everyone so much for checking on me. It means alot.

-Nicole

Positive thoughts n speedy recovery vibes

These show how bad they had gotten. On one the skin hadn't come off yet and the small purple circles with stuff in them ended up being holes after my skin peeled.

When they change the dressing, I can imagine how painful it will be. Make sure you get something for pain, it's not right to let you be miserable when they do the dressing change. Ask for pain meds okay. Get well soon!

When they change the dressing' date=' I can imagine how painful it will be. Make sure you get something for pain, it's not right to let you be miserable when they do the dressing change. Ask for pain meds okay. Get well soon![/quote']

I am so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I am a registered nurse and I work in the intensive care unit. My advice to you would be ask your nurse when they plan on changing the dressing and packing it and MAKE SURE they medicate you beforehand. Only you can stick up for you. At least 30 minutes is what I do for my patients. Good luck and speedy recovery. Also with all those antibiotics you're on. Make sure you get some yogurt (if you can tolerate it) or a probiotic to prevent diarrhea and other complications for nasty antibiotics.

I am so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I am a registered nurse and I work in the intensive care unit. My advice to you would be ask your nurse when they plan on changing the dressing and packing it and MAKE SURE they medicate you beforehand. Only you can stick up for you. At least 30 minutes is what I do for my patients. Good luck and speedy recovery. Also with all those antibiotics you're on. Make sure you get some yogurt (if you can tolerate it) or a probiotic to prevent diarrhea and other complications for nasty antibiotics.

I'm on a morphine pump and they give me xanex. I am on a liquid diet but I haven't.been eating what they bring me. I asked for yogurt they looked confused. Also I'm on a set Vitamin regimen. I haven't had any of those since Thursday. They brought me an egg for Breakfast. I guess everyone is confused. I feel like this wound is never gonna heal. I also have a small meltdown when they change me. Since I've been on liquids I haven't had but 2 bowel movements since 1-16.

I'm on a morphine pump and they give me xanex. I am on a liquid diet but I haven't.been eating what they bring me. I asked for yogurt they looked confused. Also I'm on a set Vitamin regimen. I haven't had any of those since Thursday. They brought me an egg for Breakfast. I guess everyone is confused. I feel like this wound is never gonna heal. I also have a small meltdown when they change me. Since I've been on liquids I haven't had but 2 bowel movements since 1-16.

Is your surgeon able to be contacted? He needs to make them aware of what you need also. Nurses won't do anything without a dr's order. I should know. Also if your nurse isn't familiar with the surgery. Maybe inform him or her and it sounds like if they brought you an egg you shouldn't haven't any problem being allowed liquids. Ask for a liquid stool softener also/ laxative. Pain meds (morphine and other narcotics) will make you not having a bowel movement combined with a small amount of food incredibly constipated. Get on that before its gone too long.

Amy

Is your surgeon able to be contacted? He needs to make them aware of what you need also. Nurses won't do anything without a dr's order. I should know. Also if your nurse isn't familiar with the surgery. Maybe inform him or her and it sounds like if they brought you an egg you shouldn't haven't any problem being allowed liquids. Ask for a liquid stool softener also/ laxative. Pain meds (morphine and other narcotics) will make you not having a bowel movement combined with a small amount of food incredibly constipated. Get on that before its gone too long.

Amy

I'm not constipated at all. My surgeon left instructions yesterday before she left. I'm not allowed certain solid foods til Feb 10th someone here isnt paying attention.

I'm not constipated at all. My surgeon left instructions yesterday before she left. I'm not allowed certain solid foods til Feb 10th someone here isnt paying attention.

Well I hope they do start to pay attention. Good luck.

Hi amyrn09! Yay for Icu nurses! I am an Icu nurse too ;) and yes! She needs to advocate for herself because everyone seems to be lost and confused with her medical care ;(