Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery tomorrow 9 am! Jan 16.

Oh yah....I have a lot of bruising.

Right now an eight. I fell asleep and wasn't able to hit my pain killer button.

Ouch! Pain scale from 1 to 10? I have my surgery march 4th and im not looking forward to the pain.

I had very little pain. The nurses kept getting on my case about not using my morphine (i used it once in 8 hours instead of every 8 minutes). Don't stress about it.

I hurt horribly.I'm super swollen and my incisions are burning.

They sent me home after one night. I would've liked to stay longer. I'm using gel ice packs for swelling. Getting up and down is hard. I've been given a medicine for stomach cramping and hydrocodone for pain.

post-44088-13813662352274_thumb.png

[ATTACH]8303[/ATTACH]

Is the pain like a bruised feeling? Or like nausea?

Pain from swelling. I was nauseous bc of the morphine the first night.

Pain from swelling. I was nauseous bc of the morphine the first night.

Wow! That does look like it hurts. The incisions take about a week before they really start feeling better. Rest up, and if you have anyone to help you, let them!

Oh man I was never that bruised. The pain wasn't that bad but I used the morphine for sleep.

I just took a shower. I feel better from that but I need help doing everything. I know this gets better but right now I regret it. I'm not missing food at all I just have never been in so much pain.

asifitsthelast - Please keep us posted. I'm sure many pre-op people like me would like to hear the gory details, so we can mentally prepare. Can you describe the type of pain you are experiencing? day by day progress? mental outlook? length of hospital stay? any complications?

Best of luck to you and congrats!

I went in for surgery morning of Jan 16th and came home Jan 17th. The hospital was good. I had a morphine pump and tylenol iv. By the time I got home yesterday I was in extreme pain. I could barely lay down or get up without crying. And I have to have help. I had to get one.of those raised toilet seats to use the bathroom.

It feels like the worst bruise ever and when I stand up all the pressure goes to my belly. Causing my incisions to burn. They glued me so getting them wet is fine. I tried to eat some Soup today but it makes my stomach cramp.

Over all I feel horrible. Hopefully tomorrow is better. I can't do anything on my own right now.