Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustration is my middle name :( urgent, i need some advise!

Hello and good morning everyone!!

funny_199.gif

Ok, so as you can tell from the title, i am beyond annoyed and frustrated... Did not find a leak, had some tests done and an ultra sound and yup my stomach is in great condition. Even my doctor is frustrated, why do i throw up everything i eat? I need answers.

No matter what i eat, when i eat, how little i eat i find myself running to the bathroom to throw up! It is embarrassing and annoying, my husband is just as frustrated as i am. I went back to liquids for 5 days, then upped to soft food and yes i was still throwing up. Even sometimes during the repeated liquid stage i threw up the liquid.

I am hoping someone can give me an advise that can stop this, my face is yellow and i am malnourished.... i take Vitamins now but it doesn't sit in my stomach... i eat 2 oz sometimes thinking that the less the better but it also doesn't stay in my stomach, now i am am barely eating. I dont look healthy anymore :(

Sorry for this nasty topic but i feel like am drowning in an ocean and i need your help!

That really sounds like one for your doctor but just one thought. I throw up if I eat too fast. My NUT told me to put a small piece of food in my mouth, chew until it is unchewable, wait 2 minutes and then repeat. She said if it takes me less than 45 minutes to eat my meal I am eating too fast. Maybe you could try that.

Thank you for your reply, i did go to the doctor to address the issue as i mentioned and he did all the tests and nothing showed up wrong, i thought maybe someone went through this before at two months out. I did try eating slow taking one bite and coming back for the second every 5 min but after the first bite i am ok and if i take the second bite before one hour apart i end up throwing up. I tried everything i swear and now i just gave up.

I am 2 months out also, surgery 11/14, and I had a week of constant vomitting but it has settled now. It was week 6 for me. Hopefully it will settle for you too, but don't give up. I just ate and sipped and kept down what I could. Hang in there. Good luck.

Try getting a second opinion?? It really is not normal that you throw up that much. Just because your doctor doesn't find anything wrong doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong. Maybe you need a fresh set of eyes to check everything out for you. I would go to a university which has an established bariatric program. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Did your Dr give you iv fluids?

You need iv fluids to stop the dehydration then your stomache can function. I suggest going immediately to the ER for fluids and assessment.

I agree with going to the er and gettings,you desperately need those.go now

Oops getting the fluids (forgot that part)

There has to be follow up for this situation. No doctor in his right mind should send a patient home who cannot nourish themself. The vomiting can cause damage internally as well. Have they given you anti-nausea medication? If this continues, I'm sorry to say you will probably have to be hospitalized for IV fluids and TPN nourishment until it can be determined what the best course of action will be for you. I'm sorry this happened to you.

If your doctor cannot get to the bottom of what is going on, you may need to seek a second opionion. Don't be afraid to go to urgent care or the ER for fluids and to get the ball rolling on getting a proper diagnosis.

Good luck to you.

Did they do an endoscopy? Maybe you have a stricture that is causing the vomiting. That is all I can come up with. Sorry.

So sorry you are going through this and I hope you get it all figured out soon.

One advise could be to buy liquid vitamins that maybe will sit longer since its liquid. How long have you been out? That happened to me at the beginning also, it was frustrating and scary, but as time went by I learned to eat slower that usual and I'm telling you smaller really smaller meals and Swallowing so slow that I could get anyone bored. I'm serious that helped a lot too. Good luck and please keep us posted

You definitely need to go to the ER and get set up with an IV and a possible pic line. Seek a second opinion.

The doctor didn't find a stricture?

What are you eating that makes you throw up? Is it everything?? or something more specific like chicken or dairy? Can you eat pureed vegetables?

How's your liver? You said your face is yellow. Are the whites of your eyes yellow also? Is your urine dark(I realize you may be dehydrated so your urine is probably concentrated)? Stool very light?

How's your liver? You said your face is yellow. Are the whites of your eyes yellow also? Is your urine dark(I realize you may be dehydrated so your urine is probably concentrated)? Stool very light?

These are other symptoms too!!! It been so scary!

Thank you everyone for your replies, you all opened my eyes on things i never noticed before. I wish i was back home in america am currently living overseas and i wont go back to america till two months from now... I have no insurance here and that is why i avoid going to the ER i would have to ask this and that for money!

My doctor did give me some medicines that i do take and i try to keep them down as long as possible, my doctor scheduled me for an endoscopy tomorrow, but for some reason i feel better today, the only thing i noticed was that my urine is concentrated along with my face looking yellow and sick, called my doctor and he said drink more Water and said that after the endoscopy tomorrow he will know exactly what is wrong and go from there... HE also mentioned giving me an IV which i refused to put because of how painful the needle was last time i had it (i bruised for weeks i hate hospitalisation here, they have people PRACTICE ON YOU!!!)) i am back to only water and juice today... hope that dehydration goes away.

Thank you all for your concerns it makes me happy to know that there is someone out there who cares. <3 love you all wish me good health and same to you XOXO

Funny_Pictures_5067.jpg

Please keep us updated as soon as you know something. We'll all be sending you good thoughts that they will have an answer for you & you can start on the road to recovery. Prayers coming your way....