Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I totally regret it. I lost 10 pounds in the 1st week, nothing since then. I miss food, I miss eating. I am at a notre dame football party & I want to have a good time, but I can't without food. I have some sort of roadblock to change..people say "oh I don't crave food" I still do. "oh I don't care about eating." I still do. I wish I never would have done this. Sleeved 12/20 and wish I was back where I started.

Hang in there!! I had regrets when I sat in the pre op room and then several times after. I also hit a stall pretty early on. Make sure you are getting your calories, Protein, and Water and it will get moving again. You will miss things. I am still trying to figure out food so I am eating what I know I can and have had success with but getting bored now. I have wanted something yummy too. Our old preferences don't go away overnight. We are new to this and have so much to learn about our new body and how to use/work it best. Know you are not alone. It does get better. I am only a few days ahead of you and just got out of my stall.

I feel like the only person that this isn't working out for, frusterating to see thin people eat more than me. :(

I feel like the only person that this isn't working out for' date=' frusterating to see thin people eat more than me. :([/quote']

You aren't alone! I feel that way too!

The first two to three weeks are tough, I agree. Three days after discharge I was readmitted to the hospital for malnutrition and dehydration.

I'm only one week ahead of you and I can tell you it does get better. The swelling has finally receded and, last night, I was able to keep down a couple of saltine crackers for the first time (have not been able to keep down any bread products until last night).

After a short period of time, you'll be able to eat anything you want except in much smaller portions. If two to three ounces of your favorite food allow you to feel full, do you really think you are going to feel deprived because you weren't able to consume four times that amount?

The other day (with my surgeon's blessing), I was able to consume (and comfortably keep down) about 2oz of chopped meat. Normally, before the surgery, I could easily consume two 8-oz patties in a matter of minutes.

It's a strange phenomenon really because my brain is trying to process two conflicting messages: You are full, yet you only ate one-fourth of one hamburger! Hey, what's going on here?!

To be honest, I love the freedom this surgery is providing me with... and I see it as freedom, not deprivation. If I could have eaten 2oz of hamburger or 2oz of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and felt satiated, I wouldn't have needed the surgery.

It's okay to be limited to, for example, 2oz of lox if those two ounces leave me feeling comfortably full. For the first time in my life, I know that not only will I take the weight off but I know in my heart and soul that, this time, I'm going to keep it off.

double-post

Ok slow loser here!!! And I have had those moments too! The worst pity party I had was 6 weeks after surgery and being at Disneyland with my family, do you have any idea how much good food was there!! One day I almost lost it as my husband and kids were pigging out on something. .. I was hungry and cranky but damn if I didn't feel better after I drank my Protein Shake 0_o

It gets easier. Now if my weight were moving even slower it would be going backwards! But it's not slowly its going the right direction.

And the hunger thing get easier too.

This weekend I went to a dinner party and well it was fun and not about the food for me for once. I just ate a little salmon and was fine! And it gave me more time to work the room and bug everyone while they were eating cake!

I was sleeved on 12/27 and I think about food all the darn time. I think it's normal for the first month

Oh and water!! ( I know I hate it too)

But if you drink tons of it everyday it really helps take the weight off.

I totally regret it. I lost 10 pounds in the 1st week' date=' nothing since then. I miss food, I miss eating. I am at a notre dame football party & I want to have a good time, but I can't without food. I have some sort of roadblock to change..people say "oh I don't crave food" I still do. "oh I don't care about eating." I still do. I wish I never would have done this. Sleeved 12/20 and wish I was back where I started.[/quote']

I promise you at a week out all I could think about was food and I was so upset. 3 mths out 62 lbs down and I do not crave really at all. I swear it levels out when You get healed and stuff I promise. I miss food too, mostly I miss enjoying it but glad I did this :) good luck!!!!

I rarely get hungry. I think about food all day long, but it got better when I got to puréed/soft food this week. I have been eating in small amounts and loving it. No more eating quickly. I think people mistake hunger with cravings. I just took my kids to McDs and damn those fries smelled delicious. I got a snack wrap, grilled. I ate the chicken out of it in small pieces. It felt like I was able to enjoy my meal partially. LOL! Get some MIO for the Water. It helps. I'm working on making Protein Shakes better. The thickness has been bothering me.

wish I never would have done this. Sleeved 12/20 and wish I was back where I started.

hun

sounds like you didn't have any physical problems during or after surgery???, thats great :)

so the main problem is you are now hungry??? :(

you must have been aware that you would not be eating immediately after the surgery, and your way of life would be changing??????eating much less food - doing a whole new way of life with your eating

you made the wise decision to have WLS involving cutting out 85% of your tummy. this is not a decision i hope you made lightly - you chose to have major surgery!!!! i could tell you look B) smart

you wanted to improve yourself, be healthier, happier for yourself, family, for whatever other reasons too

looks like you have a lovely young family. you want to be able to run along that cute little one, cute big one too ;) get healthy for them in addition to you of course

don't give up so quickly :) please ???

i "don't think" you mean it when you say "wish i was back where i started"???

do you mean you want to be that unhealthy person forever???

I "think" i know that you want to be better, and not go back to your old ways, that brought you to this point in your life

i feel bad that YOU feel bad - but please, give the sleeve a chance, its barely 2 weeks old, don't give up on it

we all deserve a second chance

chin up

don't give in/up before you've really started :(

good luck :)

I think people mistake hunger with cravings.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I'm almost four months out and rarely have I been hungry. Cravings and "head hunger" is another deal, though. That has been very difficult for me and I have had to really examine my relationship with food and make some changes that go beyond the food choices I make.

I did regret it off and on for a while, but then I realized, as proudgranny said, that I was lucky enough to not have complications and that my biggest problem with the whole thing was that I was hungry. I'm bigger than that (pun intended). I can and must deal with it. It's a process, but it does get better. I promise. I just bought a new pair of jeans today size 46 to replace my size 50. It's a good feeling and it helps.

You are still so early out - give things a chance!

I don't mean to sound negative, but I think you should consider the statement "I want to have a good time but I can't without food".

I didn't get here overnight but my life is so glorious being normal sized, you damn well bet i have a GREAT time without food. food was like the bad boyfriend who did me wrong.... I am so over it. I eat to live - that's it.

It isn't easy, those first few months are tough, but reflect on WHY you did this in the first place. There is no going back, so may as well make it work for you!!!

I totally regret it. I lost 10 pounds in the 1st week, nothing since then. I miss food, I miss eating. I am at a notre dame football party & I want to have a good time, but I can't without food. I have some sort of roadblock to change..people say "oh I don't crave food" I still do. "oh I don't care about eating." I still do. I wish I never would have done this. Sleeved 12/20 and wish I was back where I started.

The first month is hard for everyone and everyone stalls at different times! I think you just stalled earlier than some but there are plenty of people that are and have went thru this same thing. Just be patient and the weight will come off! Trust me once it does you will love the decision you have made and will enjoy shopping in the smaller sections! !istarted at 240 now after 4 months I am currently 156 only 6lbs away from my goal! I wud do this surgery 3 more times if I had to!

[ATTACH]7908[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using VST

post-39689-13813662068023_thumb.png