Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried gelato & that was an awful experience for me. I've resorted to the frozen yogurt fr/Healthy Choice:-)

Go here and make you own Protein ice cream. You are limited only to your imagination and with a $20 soft serve maker you can be eating it in 5 minutes.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/02/protein-ice-cream-101.html

If you don't want to make your own, the sugar free 40 calorie Fudgesicles are pretty good. I wouldn't recommend any king of regular ice cream as it's a slider food and you can rack up carbs and calories that will sabotage your weight loss. The Protein ice cream is the best deal because it tastes great and you get the protein in.

Ice cream is my nemesis and if I could I'd live on ice cream alone. I'm not even going to try it again and hope I can stick with frozen yogurt to satisfy my want. I go to frozen yogurt places and get a sample cup and make them weigh that instead of the bowl they provide... regardless of the looks I get they do it ;-)

I too was an ice cream fanatic, I could eat it everyday! Since I've been sleeved (13/12/12), I still have the craving for it but now I'm satisfied after a couple spoonfuls instead of a couple bowlfuls! And I have frozen yogurt or ice milk instead of ice cream :)

I've been sticking to orange or lime sorbet. I love the stuff! I prefer it over ice cream but I am just letting you know that the sugar content hasn't disagreed with my sleeve.

I keep it under twice a week though.

I know exactly what you mean. I have the same reaction to low-fat cottage cheese and soy milk. :P

I've actually become pretty lactose intolerant since surgery, kinda depressing.

I've been eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream since day 14 with no harmful side effects and I've lost 22lbs and nearly five inches in 26 days. Ice cream goes down very easily and stays down but I limit it to 58g (2oz) per serving.

I use MyFitnessPal.com to track everything that goes into my mouth. It's real easy to rack up empty calories with ice cream. However, ever since returning home from the hospital, I've been struggling with meeting my Protein requirements and consuming enough calories to meet my BMR. It will be 8 o'clock in the evening and, according to MFP, I will have only consumed 650 calories for the day. After meeting my Protein goals, ice cream helps to provide a lot more energy than yogurt and, as long as I am well within my calorie goal for the day, there isn't one iota of guilt to contend with.

The consumption of ice cream (bacon, chocolate, etc.) doesn't sit well with the abstinence model people (who warn against eating anything with processed sugar, wheat, and alcohol) but I don't believe in abstinence when it comes to food with the exception of carbonated beverages after VSG surgery.

Learning how to eat in moderation is the key to long term success. Limiting foods high in calories in an attempt to offset the damages from grazing is the wrong approach I think... at least it is for me. The healthier approach is to abstain from grazing, not foods that you enjoy.

I don't abstain from anything really, but when I find a healthier alternative that tastes just as good, I'm going that way.

With ice cream I find that protein ice cream suits me better. High protein Greek yogurt has taken the place of sour cream and mayo. Coconut, olive oil and butter has replaced Canola and margarine. Crackers and breads high in protein and high in nuts and whole grains has replaced white flour, Quinoa has replaced white rice and nuts and home popped popcorn have replaced chips.

I don't eat overly processed foods or things with added sugar except for the dark chocolate 70% or better, but I keep my portions controlled.

Funny, but I never gave up diet soda.

On the diet plan my dr's office gave me they had no sugar added ice cream on as part of the full liquid diet.< /p>