Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein pudding

Yeah, I know you can add Protein Powder to sf pudding mix, but I try to keep my carbs really low, so between the milk and the carbs in the mix, that's a no-no for me. I've been ordering an instant Protein pudding mix that works with almond milk, but it's expensive, and kind of a hassle to make. So.... necessity is the mother of invention, right?

Here's my recipe. You may need to tweak a bit depending on your protein powder and how it behaves. I found I needed more corn starch to get Click to thicken than Unjury.< /p>

1 scoop (or one serving) protein powder - flavor of choice

1/2 cup almond milk (I'd expect any milk would work) - blend together really well. I warm the milk slightly and then use a whisk.

1 tsp. corn starch, mixed with about 1/2 - 1 tsp liquid (water or almond milk) into a paste, then well blended into the protein powder mixture with a whisk.

Add any extras (a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to make it extra chocolatey, or some PB2 for a chocolate-pb flavor ... use your imagination)

Microwave until thickened (most protein powders begin to solidify when heated to above 140 degrees, some more so than others, and the corn starch needs heat to thicken up as well)

Chill, and enjoy (or heck, if you're weird like me, eat it warm!)

When I made this with Unjury chocolate protein, just heating it in the microwave got it to pudding texture. With the Click mocha, I used close to 2 tsp corn starch, cooked it far longer and it still didn't thicken, but it turned into pudding in the fridge. I'm looking forward to experimenting with other protein powders - cherry .... banana ... Peanut Butter .....

Sounds delish! I have seen a couple people mention PB2. What is that? I assume it is something that tastes like Peanut Butter.< /p>

PB2 is delicious! It's basically just roasted peanuts that they grind and dehydrate into a powder, but they press out 85% of the oil from the nuts so it's got way less fat calories. If you just add a tiny bit of Water to the PB2 powder, it turns into peanut butter! Also great blended into shakes, puddings, etc.

I found PB2 at HEB plus in Texas. They also sold PB2 with chocolate, so I bought both. Only $4.49 each.

PB2 is delicious! It's basically just roasted peanuts that they grind and dehydrate into a powder, but they press out 85% of the oil from the nuts so it's got way less fat calories. If you just add a tiny bit of Water to the PB2 powder, it turns into peanut butter! Also great blended into shakes, puddings, etc.

Thanks! I am definitely going to have to get this!

I found PB2 at HEB plus in Texas. They also sold PB2 with chocolate' date=' so I bought both. Only 4.49 each.[/quote']

They also sell it on Amazon. If you have a Prime acct it qualifies as an add on item, a 16oz vacuume pack brick for 8.99. It's almost like buying 2jars & getting one free

I found PB2 at HEB plus in Texas. They also sold PB2 with chocolate, so I bought both. Only $4.49 each.

Kroger here in Louisiana sells these also. Might want to check them out also.

Is this located with the other pb? Or in health foods section? I would love to try it! Also I was thinking there is a product we use for canning called clear jel. It's an emulsified corn starch and comes in regular and instant. I haven't played around with the instant but I'm wondering if it would work to make the puddings.< /p>

Health good isle in supplement section

If you like PB2, you might try peanut flour, particularly for recipes - same concept, usually a stronger peanut flavor.

I found PB2 at HEB plus in Texas. They also sold PB2 with chocolate' date=' so I bought both. Only 4.49 each.[/quote']

I have an HEB. Which isle do you find it on? I looked neon the PB isle but didn't see.

Is this located with the other pb? Or in health foods section? I would love to try it! Also I was thinking there is a product we use for canning called clear jel. It's an emulsified corn starch and comes in regular and instant. I haven't played around with the instant but I'm wondering if it would work to make the puddings.< /p>

Health food section at kroger

I have an HEB. Which isle do you find it on? I looked neon the PB isle but didn't see.

Sorry just saw this question. Heb plus has it in their health food section around the Protein powders area. Very top shelf here, almost didn't see it. Put PB2 chocolate in vanilla fatfree yogurt... Wow!!