Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your Christmas meal like?

I know there are a lot of new and soon-to-be sleevers out there and many are wondering if they are ever going to be able to enjoy a Christmas dinner like days gone by. I know it was a concern of mine. So, I though I would post about it.

I am nearly 19 months post sleeve.

Yesterday, I made a turkey with stuffing ... gravy, mashed potatoes, green Beans ... you know the drill. I had about 4 bites of turky (first) then about 4 green beans, 2 bites of stuffing and 2 bites of potatoes. Gravy slathered across everything. I put it on a salad plate and it was about half full. I was one of the last ones to finish eating (guy across from me had 3 platefulls) and I was stuffed. Had ice cream and peanut brittle and a sliver of apple pie about an hour later.

I ate about one fourth of the meal I would have had 2 years ago and didn't attack the refridgerator 4 hours later like I used to do. Didn't even think about it, to be honest with you. Crazy, huh? THAT'S a new behavior.

Oh, I almost forgot ... Breakfast ... I made French toast, sausage and bacon and a double batch of carmel sticky Buns. I ate a sausage and some bacon and half a sticky bun with butter. I sent half the sticky buns over to my sisters home, a quarter of the batch to a neighbors home and the rest to my in-laws (Merry Christmas!) I did keep one big one for the kids for today (I'm sure I'll have a bite), but I am better off having those kinds of things out of the house.

It was a great Christmas and no food hangover. I love being sleeved and how it helps me to be accountable for what I put into my mouth.

Thank you for posting this. I got denied in the summer due to not having 5 years of medical records. Skipped going to the doctor one year so reapplying after the 1st. As I ate my Christmas meal yesterday (which I absolutely loved) I wondered how next Christmas would be after surgery and not having the big meal! :)

Sounds delicious! We had standing rib roast (only 2 ribs - gack! those things are expensive!) and roast leg of lamb (also ridiculously expensive), baked potatoes, brocolli & cheese casserole, carrots, crescent rolls, and a fruit compote. I too was the last one to stop eating and I had 5 bites of lamb, 3 of beef, 3 bites of potato, 3 bites of casserole, 2 bites of fruit compote, half of a roll, and about 1 teaspoon of mint jelly. And those weren't big bites either! It was all delicious and we were all so full that we didn't even touch the pies :-)

Eating slowly was definitely the key to not over doing it because boy, that "I am full - do not swallow that last bite" feeling comes on strong.

I'm 7 months out and I enjoyed it. I loved that I ate slowly and engaged in conversation. Sad to say but before surgery food was my main priority at the table. I also felt fine after eatting. I didn't feel sluggish or in a food coma.

I absolutely loved my meal :)

I am almost 4 months out (sleeved 9/5) and I havnet had any issues eating food since surgery. My meal consisted of Ham (about 3 oz), few carrots and roasted beets, tried brussel sprouts for the first time (one..very good by the way), bite of potato gratin, bite of sweet potatoes and a few bites of a roll and i was stuffed. I had also had a few appetizers such as cheese and crackers and salami. I am happy just eating a bite or two of what is served but i try to focus on the Protein first. Overall very happy about my first X-mas dinner post surgery. :)

PDXman that is totally awesome..... I had some chorizo with eggs and a slice of bacon for Breakfast and dinner I ate about 2 bites of turkey, 4 bites of ham on half of a sourdough roll with butter. I ate the smaller half. I was totally done. For dessert i had a piece of fudge. Today the fudge will be packed up and sent to my neighbors or thrown in the thrash. I can't have it around anymore. Too tempting...... Back on track today and will be walking it off. :) Enjoy the remainder of this year. :)

I am five weeks out as of today and I literally had a few bites of food and then had pain because I swallowed too fast. Thanks so much for posting this-it gives me hope! :)

Breakfast: Scrambled egg and 1 3" pancake with SF Syrup

Lunch: 2 oz Brisket, 1 spoon green Beans, 1 deviled egg, 1 bite of potato salad

snack: 2 bites of brownie, 2 bites of apple pie, 1 bite of pecan pie

dinner: 1 tamale with meat chili (homemade chili) and 4 chips with a bit of queso dip.

Not my greatest day. But way different than past Christmas "feasts."

thanks for posting! this does give me hope! I'm 9 weeks out and have a function on Sunday (late Thanksgiving in Lebanon lol) I'm so glad that we didn't do it at Thanksgiving time, now I can eat some turkey ;)

Im only 3 weeks out but for an appetizer I had 3 shrimp and a deviled egg and I was full.

Then 2 hours later for dinner I had 2 small bites of chicken breat, about a one inch piece of ham with a tiny dollap of cranberry sauce, a deviled egg, one little broccoli floret and I was stuffed. I couldnt even eat my little thumb size piece of sweet potato so I actually licked it lol. I just wanted to taste it but not consume it. For dessert I had 3 M&M's and I actually ate each one in 3 bites.

I could not believe the amount of food on everyone elses plate. It felt so good to be full with what I had and to not even be able to finish it.

I'm 6 months out and I had 4 bites of turkey, 3 bites of dressing, 3 Mac n cheese twirls and 2 very small bites of coconut cake, it was a wonderful day!

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

I am five weeks out as of today and I literally had a few bites of food and then had pain because I swallowed too fast. Thanks so much for posting this-it gives me hope! :)

hey there partofme! i'm 16 days post-op; I had a little (maybe 1/8 cup) of broc/cheese Soup (that I blended in my new XMAS blender LOL). About an hour and a half later I had about a 4th of a bottle of Isopure Grape Frost. So hearing that next year I'll be able to have a few bites of actual dinner makes me happy :) I think it's really great that all of you are so aware of not only what you are eating, but are able to stop when that full feeling hits. Starting with the Protein is great too because i know in the past if there was rice/pasta/potatoes on the table they were my MAIN focus!

Happy New Year to Everyone!!

:D

7 weeks out - had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. For lunch and a few bites of turkey with cranberry sauce bite of potato and a bite of stuffing. For dessert I had berries and a bite of pavlova. Great Christmas!! Even had a glass of wine :)

I had a bite of this and a bite of that then rested then another bite of this and two more bites of that. LMAO!!! :D

I loved being sleeved, I am able to eat what I want but just a little and I am great with that, finally!! Not only that, I was also wearing a red mini dress sze 8 for the first time in over 15 yrs. Yippee!

I will be 4 weeks out tomorrow. My boyfriend's family does their Christmas on Christmas eve so I had 2 days of holiday meals. Christmas Eve I had 3 one inch cubes of cheese, 2 slices of pepperoni & 2 crackers. Two hours later at dinner I had 2 tbsp. of squash, 2 tbsp. of green Beans & 2 bites of filet mignon. On Christmas Day for breakfast I had 2 pieces of bacon and about 1/4 of a cup of an egg & cheese casserole. I didn't have anything until dinner time. Then at dinner I had 2 bites each of stuffing, mashed potato and green bean casserole along with about 1/2 a small slice of turkey with gravy. Three hours later I had a sliver of chocolate cream pie. It is really amazing. What is a usually a 2 day food extravaganza for me was reduced to a about 2 small salad plates of food. Part of me was sad at first. Especially when it came to the filet mignon. I can usually eat two huge pieces of it, but this year after 2 bites my stomach started to hurt. It was my first time eating beef since surgery. Looking back today, though, it was such a better holiday. I had so much more interaction with family and friends. I wasn't obsessing about food the whole time. I wasn't in a lethargic food coma & this is the first holiday where I haven't gained weight. :)