Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tried recipes today- failing miserably

i have tried several recipes from posts at puree stage... i not get chicken or egg pureed enough- was able to puree hormel chilli but it gave me heartburn and gas. i am getting discouraged. i cannot live on mashed potatoes, broth and pudding for the next 2.5 weeks. i am not getting. enough Protein

My doctor allows eggs; canned tuna and salmon; low fat, no sugar added yogurt; low fat cottage cheese; lowfat refried Beans and more on the pureed stage diet. Did your nutritionist give you a list of items you could eat?

My doctor discouraged me from pureeing anything meat, said it can lead to food aversion later in the solid stage. I have to say I haven't been able to handle tuna salad since my surgery, and it was one of the things I pureed first. Honestly, I stuck to Liquid Protein my first month - shakes or Soups. I just started adding "soft" foods like cooked asparagus and mushrooms to my soups. TOFU! I did a lot of soft tofu, lightly pan seared with seasonings. It was delicious! Greek yogurt, cottage cheese+applesauce, and avocado as well.

During my pureed stage, I found that I did better by pureeing what my family was having for supper. It gave me a tasty meal and I did not feel so bad about pureed foods. I used baby foods when I had my band and that was harder to enjoy. I did not puree just meat, I made sure it had some sort of vegetable to some added to keep it very moist. The other trick I found was to use a regular blender and not a magic bullet type machine. It did a much better job getting the consistency.

thank you everyone! i appreciate the feedback!! each day is its own on this journey. !

Also try buying the chicken or tuna salad from the sandwich meat are of grocery store already made. It is purée really well n the Ruth's brand. I have also been purée the hormel complete meals.

thank you! it has been a bad couple of days-- i mean i had a gain of 3 pounds out of nowhere and no loss today- so i fee discouraged.. uggh! i have to keep trying ! onward and upward

!!

Thos little day to day weight shifts will drive you crazy. Just remember it can all be swelling and if your getting discouraged by it only weigh every third day or once a week. I know that can be hard but it will reduce the stress if you can be strong enough to resist stepping on daily.

yes, i put on pants fir the first tine and was in them the whole day.. oh so much pain! i cannot help but wonder if it is swelling. thanks for responding ! and yes- weighing less frequently would at least help the psyche :)

You may see weight gain during this phase. You are consuming more calories than you have since your preop phase. Your body is also going throught a lot of changes too, it is trying to keep all the reserves it can. It does not realize you are trying to do it good. Be assured this shall pass, and soon you will see a nice drop when you don't even expect it. The scale can be a blessing and a curse. Try not to obsess over it, don't let the number ruin your day especially during these holiday.

Merry Christmas everyone!! Here is to a New Year that is filled with a lot less (weight wise) of each of us.

thank you! it has been a bad couple of days-- i mean i had a gain of 3 pounds out of nowhere and no loss today- so i fee discouraged.. uggh! i have to keep trying ! onward and upward

!!

In all likelihood your weight fluctuation is being caused by elevated estrogen levels in your bloodstream. This is completely normal as we burn off fat all that stored estrogen is dumped into our blood & causes a spike which will trick your body into thinking that you are starting your ummmm, you know, and will start retaining Water.

I'm 90% positive. That the above is the case, but, another hypothesis would be, looking at he foods listed in this thread, hormel chili, sandwich meats, etc. these are all super high in sodium. Excessive amounts of sodium will trigger your body to retain Water as well.

Not that this Is anything to be majorly concerned about. Your body can easily fluctuate 5lbs or more within 24hrs.

thanks and i have been trying to watch fat, carbs, sugars and sodium- all the while trying to eat enough Protein and water-- oh such a balance- and my "you know" is about 1 week away :/

i have tried several recipes from posts at puree stage... i not get chicken or egg pureed enough- was able to puree hormel chilli but it gave me heartburn and gas. i am getting discouraged. i cannot live on mashed potatoes' date=' broth and pudding for the next 2.5 weeks. i am not getting. enough protein[/quote']

My favorite thing during that stage was 1/8 cup ricotta cheese, 1/8 cup of cottage cheese, a little spaghetti sauce and a sprinkle of parm, heated in microwave. I could eat that every meal:) I hope you can find something that sits well in your new tummy!

i will totally try that !!!! thank you ;)