Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just reading this for the first time. Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time, best wishes, Sending a hug your way!

I have the same issue but in my largest incision on the right side. I had surgery 6 days ago. I went to my dr. today because I can hardly move and my right side hurts. He said it is a muscle that was cut through to gain entry with the port. Gave me a injection directly where it hurts. Some kind of lidocaine. Also gave me Patches to wear with lidocaine. Said it would take 3-4 weeks

For the muscle to heal. It is really painful. All the other sites are fine. I am also wearing a binder which helps. Ask your doctor for one in ur size. Feel better.

Talked to my dr.'s office yesterday, filled 'em in, pain a week old now...ABSOLUTELY no change, feels like razor blades are trying to pop out of me. Dr. gave me "this is normal, try not to bend, twist, etc". Believe me I'm not, I'm barely getting up to go to the restroom, and can hardly clean myself.(sorry, but true). My husband finally home a couple of days and heading to CVS for 2 binders, as someone suggested, since XL barely fit. I hope they velcro together and fit, and gives some relief. We delayed our Christmas with his children and grandchildren until January 1 (because his work, my pain). The house needs cleaning, things need done... and I liked to hold my 2 two new grandchildren. Awww dang this sucks... Is everyone sure it goes away? My whole routine is shot for the last week now, walking, getting Protein in, liquids, Vitamins, everything...So sorry for the complaining, dang it!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Dang. Did u bring up the muscle relaxer idea at all?. Im telling u thats the ONLY thing that gave me relief. Hope you feel better soon

I will try that tomorrow! $70 for two binders, and can't figure out how to make the Velcro together, so had my husband wrap tightly with thought of safety pinning...OMG...no no no, begged him to unwrap it. Pain on that dang 1-10 scale... off the chart!!!

Lay one binder on the bed flat. Lay othe on top of it pressing down the top on to the bottom so the Velcro takes hold. Wrap the two connected pieces around you and connect with second velcro line. It is really har to keep the two together.

I did not find these binders helpful but instead they frustrated me with their bulkiness and squeezing.

Glenda, you need pain relief!! Do you have a PCP you can go to? Or even an urgent care? I cannot believe that your surgeon isn't giving you anything!! You need to get on the phone and be persistent!! Call him on off hours and tell his service how much you hurt. Let him be disrupted! Your pain level is just unacceptable.

Glenda, this isn't normal. You need to go to a hospital and figure it out. I listened to my doc try to placate me about my issues for a few weeks too long and nearly died because of it. This is NOT normal! And if such pain was normal darling, then taking a muscle relaxant, valium etc, would be ok and something the doc should prescribe. You don't need to suffer torture. Get some help aside from him. He's not helping and you still don't know why you are having these issues. Fresh eyes saved my life.

Can I have a glass if wine?? I'm sooo down! One of the grandbabies has RSV...heck we may just cancel our delayed Christmas altogether.

Calling surgeon...

Call someone else if you get the same response and BE FIRM with him. Don't let one doctor's arrogance delay you from proper care.

Call someone else if you get the same response and BE FIRM with him. Don't let one doctor's arrogance delay you from proper care.

The PA is on call, said never mind...gonna find my big girl pants and no more Mrs Nice when I call office in the morning. Razor blades popping out of me, no better way to explain it... the smallest of movements cause it, being still is only relief.

Just wanting to tell you the first week was awful. I panicked all the time afraid it wouldn't get better. 15 days out and I'm physically getting around so much better. I believe that what little walking I did helped. At first maybe only 5 minutes but now I can walk 40 plus and my pace is picking up. I thought I was alone in this but you would be surprised how many people I have talked to this week going through the same thing! I couldn't find drugs to help me but rest and the walking seemed to help. Hope you see some improvement soon!

Just wanting to tell you the first week was awful. I panicked all the time afraid it wouldn't get better. 15 days out and I'm physically getting around so much better. I believe that what little walking I did helped. At first maybe only 5 minutes but now I can walk 40 plus and my pace is picking up. I thought I was alone in this but you would be surprised how many people I have talked to this week going through the same thing! I couldn't find drugs to help me but rest and the walking seemed to help. Hope you see some improvement soon!

Thank you, I'm trying to understand. I'm 4 weeks out, and wasn't having any issues until last Wednesday. Why then! Ugh. I was doing so good.