Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Speaking from personal experience, not even morphine helped with the internal stitch/ muscle pain. Unless you can be knocked out, that's the only relief. I gave up and chose to be wake in pain than knocked out. I think it was 10 days before I noticed improvement.

I think you're right. I did call my surgeon' date=' and the on call Dr. called me right back! Said it sounded muscular/skeletal, mainly because I not sick or nauseated. BUT he also slipped in there "possible hernia"... great!, isn't that something poking out of something?? Said heating pad, 400mg of Motrin every 6 hrs. Tutu you described it just right... Thank you.

ps... thought Ibuprofen was off limits after sleeve??! Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I had the same hot blade stabbing me on my right side! I would cry if I had to move too much. I got my pain fairly soon after surgery. It subsided after 4 weeks with no help from morphine, liquid Tylenol, or oxycodone! I called the surgery clinic after the pain returned within a week. I was told to take ibuprofen if really needed for pain, as it was an anti-inflammatory and that was what I needed. I told the Dr. I was told and read never to take it. She said, that is why I said, as needed and just laughed. Let me tell you, those two Advils did it! I only had to take it a few times and the pain had subsided. I am 7 weeks out.

YA'LL!! We've had a break-thru!! I just got up for my 5th or 6th dose of pain med (which I just recieved yesterday afternoon)...and it is almost a complete turn a round from this morning!! I rose from bed, and from habit placed my left hand over belly for support, walked to kitchen...and stood there a minute, straightened my back...thought I was dreaming...I walked 2 times around our pool table...and well....I HAVE RELIEF!! And guess what Tutu? This is the 10th day from when it started! So, I'm not sure if I'm healing or I'm numbing it, but oh what a relief!! So now, I guess I will make sure to move like Frankenstein, no twists, bends, or handstands...I'm not even picking up the dogs Water bowl (I used a water pitcher to fill it)...Oh please oh please let it be that whatever it was, that has kept me in bed, sent me to ER, and kept my brain busy with the thought...be healing...

Thank each and everyone one of you for holding my hand along the way! And pray I have not spoken to soon.

I want to jump for joy!! Bad idea, huh??

Two thoughts strike me...well maybe three

First, don't jump for joy :P take it easy silly girl so you don't end up in the same boat...or bed again.

Second, it's nice to know you are feeling better

Third, you have a pool table in your kitchen? Sheesh and I thought my kitchen was big.....

Two thoughts strike me...well maybe three

First' date=' don't jump for joy :P take it easy silly girl so you don't end up in the same boat...or bed again.

Second, it's nice to know you are feeling better

Third, you have a pool table in your kitchen? Sheesh and I thought my kitchen was big.....[/quote']

silly Iggy, no the pool table is in the den!! dang it!! so instead of 2 living areas... I have one... ugh! Oh, so hubby says since I'm feeling better, let's get out of house and take a ride in "Blackie"...Uh!? No! It's a Vette...you don't get in it, you fall in it! Haven't been in it since b4 surgery... That's okay... It's my incentive to lose weight (among the obvious reasons). Not sure who's having the bigger mid life issue, him or I? lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yah!!! I'm so glad you are better!! Now, be good and seriously take it easy! I was a month or so out and bent over to put something in the grocery cart and pulled something internal. It only hurt for about a week, and nothing like your pain was, but it can happen!

On a side note, I have a sports car. An RX-8. I was going to sell it because it just wasn't fun to drive anymore. Pre-surgery i had for sale signs up and everything. 55 pounds later I LOVE it!! I'm not gonna sell it. I can get in and out of it and zip around town! I can't wait till I lose the rest of my weight (50 pounds). I'm gonna look damn fine in my little sports car! So, when you are ready, Blackie is going to be a blast!!

So happy you're getting relief...relax and take it easy :)

Blackie rides will have to wait :P

Sooo, do I continue pain med or no? I'm scared to stop it, but would like to save it if not necessary. Is it really gone, or just medicated gone? Am I making sense?

You're only one day out of some pretty heavy pain honey. I'd keep the meds up for another 24 hours, then cut to a half dose on the same schedule and see how that makes you feel. Then after 24/48 of that, try skipping them and see how you do. It's a better pain management schedule than cutting them off cold turkey. You still have the injury, you just can't feel it :)

It's kind of like the psyco patient who quits their meds because they don't have any episodes while on them.....quitting just brings the crazy's back! Give your body time to heal :)

IggyChic is correct. Don't just quit cold turkey. I've been on and off pain meds most of my adult life, and it's really important to stay ahead of the pain, and to decrease the meds slowly. Iggy's schedule sounds right on target. :-)

Thank you, Doxie and Iggy. I was leaning this way also!