Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any sleevers having surgery 12/17?

Hi Guys- I am home and resting comfortably. Percoset is my new best friend...:) LOL

How's the 12/17 crew doing?

I experienced some out of nowhere emotions yesterday. Found myself in tears from frustration with the hunger. Is anyone else having this issue with hunger?

I experienced some out of nowhere emotions yesterday. Found myself in tears from frustration with the hunger. Is anyone else having this issue with hunger?

I have its been awful cause our swelling is going down ! I'm so ready to eat something its not even funny ! I'm starting to get better better every day little more fluids each day I'm just ready to eat and get this silly drain tube out of me! How are you?

Hey 17th-ers! It's going well for me. I have to say that it has not been as easy as I thought. I think I focused on all the posts about how easy it was for people. Somehow I missed (or ignored) all the "first week sucks" posts. But, being almost through the first week - I'm a different person. I still have pain and struggle to even get 1/3 of a Protein Shake down each day, but my outlook is stupidly optimistic! I feel happy and giggly - like a little kid. Myfitness pal is great. I'm trying to get my profile correct so I can start friending on it, but putting in my weight and food has been helpful. Today I'm going to be wearing a pedometer as I brave the Christmas crowds at the mall! Cheers to all of us!

Oh no! I didn't experience the drain tube. I can imagine that you are tired of that!

I called the nurses' desk yesterday and asked if I could start adding some Lactaid to my shakes today. She had no problem with it, so I started last night! :-P

They are keeping me from being painfully hungry. I am blessed to have kept them down with no nausea. I also added a tablespoon of Sugar Free Chocolate pudding to my shake! I wanted something rich and chocolatey soo bad! Lol!

Oh no! I didn't experience the drain tube. I can imagine that you are tired of that!

I called the nurses' desk yesterday and asked if I could start adding some Lactaid to my shakes today. She had no problem with it' date=' so I started last night! :-P

They are keeping me from being painfully hungry. I am blessed to have kept them down with no nausea. I also added a tablespoon of sugar free chocolate pudding to my shake! I wanted something rich and chocolatey soo bad! Lol![/quote']

I add a spoonful of chocolate milk powder (surger free) to my shakes. Helps a ton!

How's everyone's Sunday? I am in much less pain as of yesterday, and managed to walk the entire mall with my mom and 8 year old son. No pain pills since yesterday afternoon. The soreness has significantly subsided. I have not been humgry this week, but it may be because my doctor prescribed pepcid for me to take every day. I do have trouble getting all of my Protein Shakes down- I really don't like them and they tend to "come back up" in my throat. I am learning how big a gulp I can take without it being uncomfortable. I am SO looking forward to being able to take my first bite of pureed food, how sad is that? Only you guys would understand my excitement...LOL. Anyway, I am thinking of you all this holiday season and hoping it's the best it can be under our circumstances. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Hugs and sympathy for all my sleeve sisters and brothers! I'm on clears until the 1st and if I have another chicken broth, I am going to start plucking. My friend got me some miso and tom yum broth so i am excited for the variety. Protein drinks are going down fine and i especially like the Chike brand.

The pain seems to come and go and I suspect it may be more gas than anything else. I just feel so bloated in the mid region. Also I am getting headaches off and on and get tired pretty easily. Mood swings come fast and hard. I told my husband yesterday, "right now, I want to punch you". LOL. I also told him I am claiming no responsibility for anything I may say for the month following surgery.

One thing I wanted to share was just the crazy odd sensations and emotions I have been experiencing with food. I know I have head hunger and need to find some nonfood based self soothing mechanisms, but I am weirded out that I haven't really eaten anything for about a week, and I haven't eaten the dogs or broken down and tried to eat a biscuit...or necessarily have the need to either. That is not to say I haven't had the desire or the habit to...but the intense dire need is gone. I actually sat down to a family dinner yesterday (with my broth) and yes, the rice and stir fry smelled amazing, but I survived. Without killing anyone. I wanted to lie down and roll around on the sweet pork Buns, but oddly, was ok (not good, but ok) with not putting them in my pie hole.

Anyway, for those who Celebrate Christmas, merry Christmas to you! This first week is rough but we got ourselves (and our loved ones who need us around for the long haul) a pretty sweet Christmas gift this year--our better health and selfcare. Be kind to yourselves and remember you deserve the very best life has to offer.

I have never been so gassy in my life. Last night was very uncomfortable for me.

I have had lots of thoughts & feelings about food and I agree, I can't wait until my first bite of real food. Unfortunately that won't be until at least Jan. 3!

I agree- as for the regular food my family is eating- it smells really good to me, and they have been eating whatever they desire, I don't have the desire to grab it and devour it. The neighbors brought us this beautiful tray of christmas Cookies, and they look just so delicious, but again, no desire to hork them down, despite my dislike of the shakes.< /p>

Hi Guys- I am home and resting comfortably. Percoset is my new best friend...:) LOL
Hugs and sympathy for all my sleeve sisters and brothers! I'm on clears until the 1st and if I have another chicken broth' date=' I am going to start plucking. My friend got me some miso and tom yum broth so i am excited for the variety. Protein drinks are going down fine and i especially like the Chike brand.

The pain seems to come and go and I suspect it may be more gas than anything else. I just feel so bloated in the mid region. Also I am getting headaches off and on and get tired pretty easily. Mood swings come fast and hard. I told my husband yesterday, "right now, I want to punch you". LOL. I also told him I am claiming no responsibility for anything I may say for the month following surgery.

One thing I wanted to share was just the crazy odd sensations and emotions I have been experiencing with food. I know I have head hunger and need to find some nonfood based self soothing mechanisms, but I am weirded out that I haven't really eaten anything for about a week, and I haven't eaten the dogs or broken down and tried to eat a biscuit...or necessarily have the need to either. That is not to say I haven't had the desire or the habit to...but the intense dire need is gone. I actually sat down to a family dinner yesterday (with my broth) and yes, the rice and stir fry smelled amazing, but I survived. Without killing anyone. I wanted to lie down and roll around on the sweet pork Buns, but oddly, was ok (not good, but ok) with not putting them in my pie hole.

Anyway, for those who Celebrate Christmas, merry Christmas to you! This first week is rough but we got ourselves (and our loved ones who need us around for the long haul) a pretty sweet Christmas gift this year--our better health and selfcare. Be kind to yourselves and remember you deserve the very best life has to offer.[/quote']

Hello Dec 17 Sleevers , I had my surgery on the 17, and I must say all the pains I'm having is related to GAS , oh how I dislike the discomfort , but luckily it's going away but still feel it in my left shoulder which is weird . Yes. I crave food and have thought of it daily , and one funny thing is my husband must eat his dinner in front of me so I can feel I'm eating something lol.

I felt a little frustrated today. Went to Cracker Barrel and felt like I wasn't going to find anything to eat. The waitress was so sweet. She strained the vegetable Soup for me. :)

Good morning 17th-ers! This thread made me so happy this morning because you all said almost exactly what I have been feeling in one way or another since surgery. I actually like the shake (blended with ice and a scoop of sugar free hot chocolate) which is a surprise to me.

For me though walking around DC last night to look at the White House Christmas Tree was a hard moment. We passed by all the restaurants and bars that I once spent so much time in. I had a little pity party but was picked up by all the beautiful lights and the thoughts that the next time I go to many of these places I will be a lot slimmer. I found that I focused a lot more on what was around me rather than thinking about what to eat next and that was good.

The other thing that has helped is encouraging others not to hide their food from me. My whole family is in Texas for Christmas and have been sending me pictures that have been oddly absent of any food or drink - very unlike my family. I told my sister to send normal pics with good and all and explained that it made me feel more normal and that although I appreciated their thoughtfulness, I was missing the merriment this year - much of which is surrounded by food and drink - and I want pictures if it, dammit!!! She got the message and my phone lit up with hilarious pictures last night.

Anyway - cheers to all of us! Have a great day all!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

..I'm a 12/17 sleever as well. I'm doing okay just having a hard time telling the difference between head hunger and real hunger. I'm doing ok with sipping my liquids and not eating to fast. I'm also getting used to what this new "full" feeling is because it is definetly different from Pre sleeved.