Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be careful about how much you are eating' date=' your nerves are not functioning and so you really can't tell when you are full until about 6 weeks out. Eat off small plates and small bowls and measure and record everything!! Use small eating utensils so you eat slower and wait at least a minute or two between bites. If you are eating larger portions that you should be you are not letting the sleeve work for you. You want it to remain as small as possible :)[/quote']

Thank you. Great tips

Lowe get your Water in girl! I'm a slow loser too... I lost 12 lbs the first week and was estatic then I stalled out for 2 1/2 weeks lost 7 lbs after a couple of weeks then stalled out for a few more weeks... lost 4 more pounds and hit a stall again. I usually start stalling a week before my TOM and then have a big loss about a week after. So it comes in spurts.. but the inches have steadily came off. :)

Sleeved 11/14. Only lost 8 lbs as of today. How is this possible? I am tolerating my diet. Hate to sound so negative but I am so disappointed and discouraged. I tell myself maybe this was not a good decision. food was my comfort. It never let me down. Started to feel depressed which I am trying to talk myself out of. Any suggestions on why I am barely losing weight?

Not drinking much water' date=' trying to get my Protein in. Can someone let me know what they have been eating? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I want to start walking for exercise but I pulled a muscle in my abdomen and I am in excruciating pain. surgeon told me the pain is nothing to worry about. It feels like a terrible burning inside.

At this point I will take any advice that could be offered. Thanks

[/quote']

My nut told me today that you have to drink plenty to flush out all the bad fats etc that your body is letting go of. If you don't flush them out then your body is just reabsorbing them. Also you have to have your protein or your body is burning muscle not the fat that you want it to. Hope this help. Xxx

ok folks - Water is the key! at least 72oz a day. I have been doing that for the past 2 full days and viola! the scale has begun to move in the right direction! not a lot, but it is moving and I'm convinced it is because of my water intake not to mention I feel so much better being properly hydrated. Tried more scallops today and they are stuck at the beginning of my stomach - I had three today as opposed to two from yesterday and three was one too many. So much to learn about ones new situation now isn't it! BTW Your urine should be almost clear. If it is not, then you are not drinking enough - at least that's what my nurse friend told me and she was right. For all of us "slow losers" lets hit the water this week adn report back in next week on progress :) good luck

ok folks - Water is the key! at least 72oz a day. I have been doing that for the past 2 full days and viola! the scale has begun to move in the right direction! not a lot' date=' but it is moving and I'm convinced it is because of my water intake not to mention I feel so much better being properly hydrated. Tried more scallops today and they are stuck at the beginning of my stomach - I had three today as opposed to two from yesterday and three was one too many. So much to learn about ones new situation now isn't it! BTW Your urine should be almost clear. If it is not, then you are not drinking enough - at least that's what my nurse friend told me and she was right. For all of us "slow losers" lets hit the water this week adn report back in next week on progress :) good luck[/quote']

I know water is so important. I am doing terrible in that department. My urine is sooo dark. I must get with the program..thanks

I'm soooo glad I found this thread!!!

I was sleeved on Nov 12th... My start weight was 240. The 1st & 2nd week I lost 10pds per week, but since 0. I am sooooooo frustrated!

:o

I am stalled at 220 :/ I am strictly following my surgeons diet... 4 small meals a day - example:

B: 5oz Protein shake

L: Low Fat cheese Stick

D: 2oz. tuna / Salmon or 4 Shrimp

Snack: 1/2 Greek Yogurt

As for Water :/ I am doing horrible... I just don't crave drinking fluids. If I'm lucky I can drink 1-1 1/2 (16 oz.) water bottle.< /p>

What is everyone else eating???

Its crazy how every Dr/Office/Facility has different guidelines... I wish our diets were universally the same!!!

Sleeved 11/14. Only lost 8 lbs as of today. How is this possible? I am tolerating my diet. Hate to sound so negative but I am so disappointed and discouraged. I tell myself maybe this was not a good decision. food was my comfort. It never let me down. Started to feel depressed which I am trying to talk myself out of. Any suggestions on why I am barely losing weight?

Not drinking much water' date=' trying to get my Protein in. Can someone let me know what they have been eating? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I want to start walking for exercise but I pulled a muscle in my abdomen and I am in excruciating pain. surgeon told me the pain is nothing to worry about. It feels like a terrible burning inside.

At this point I will take any advice that could be offered. Thanks

[/quote']

I feel you girl!! I was sleeved nov 13 and I've only lost 11 pounds. I have your same struggles its unfortunate that we struggle with depression and use food to deal with everything happy or sad. it's been really hard for me to let go of food. I reset everyday I know I have to get 60-80 grams of Protein, 72z of Water my Vitamins and a 15-20 walk and that's it! No more goals for me I get easily overwhelmed with to many things to do. Everything else works out. Oh and I put my scale alway I go based on my clothing all I need to know is that it fit much better!

Hang in there! And "reset" and many times as you need too. be patient with your self your worth it!

I feel you girl!! I was sleeved nov 13 and I've only lost 11 pounds. I have your same struggles its unfortunate that we struggle with depression and use food to deal with everything happy or sad. it's been really hard for me to let go of food. I reset everyday I know I have to get 60-80 grams of protein' date=' 72z of Water my Vitamins and a 15-20 walk and that's it! No more goals for me I get easily overwhelmed with to many things to do. Everything else works out. Oh and I put my scale alway I go based on my clothing all I need to know is that it fit much better!

Hang in there! And "reset" and many times as you need too. be patient with your self your worth it![/quote']

I know this is difficult. A lot harder than expected. Wasn't prepared enough. This I fault the doctor. I also need to start walking. How are you getting so much Water in? I'm barely finishing 24 oz.. What foods are you eating? Lets stay strong together..

so get this, I had a dr. appt yesterday (not with the surgeon's office) and of course they weighed me. At home, I weighed 209 - there I weighed 198. Really!? that can not possibly be right I say. She says her scale is correct. So I skip (not really) out of the office. Go home and put a 20lb weight on my scale and bamm it is correct. her scale was not right. so I shrug and say hit more Water - which I do. and this morning the scale is up 5oz! I hate the scale and really need to deep six it. FYI date of surgery 11/12 I weighed 221. Today I am at 209.5. That's it - so all of you ARE NOT ALONE. it seems crazy doesn't it that we are eating SOOOO little and not losing like crazy, doesn't it? let's focus on the prize and give ourselves mini goals and milestones to reach and let's not weigh ourselves every day :)

I have posted this article before, but I'll post it again for those who are obsessing over that evil creation called the scale.

http://www.carbsmart.com/outout.html

The weight WILL come off. It didn't accumulate on your butt, thighs, tummy, boobies, head, fingers, toes, elbows, neck, cheeks, nose, back, calves and chin overnight and it won't come off overnight.... but it WILL come off! :rolleyes:

Get in as much Water as you can, even if you can't make the magic number! Same with your Proteins. It's really hard in the beginning, but it does get easier!

Six months from now, a year from now.......... you will look back and giggle at your aggravation and/or panic over that damned scale! And you'll be responding to folks to stay calm and keep on chugging along....... it WILL come off! :D

I hope this helps... its what I do.... I have a bunch of the 34 ounce smart Water bottles. I've found I really can not tolerate water post op and have heard the same from others. However if I put some Mio or crystal light in to give it some flavor I can drink it. So I fill my bottle up in the morning and add my Mio and start drinking it. My goal is to get three bottles in a day but some days I only get two in. However I've found if I can get the first bottle in before noon I can get all three bottles in. Usually finishing the last one right before bed. So instead of thinking about getting 90 ounces of water in a day... aim for 30 ounces separated into three mini goals and see if that works for you.

I have posted this article before' date=' but I'll post it again for those who are obsessing over that evil creation called the scale.

http://www.carbsmart.com/outout.html

The weight WILL come off. It didn't accumulate on your butt, thighs, tummy, boobies, head, fingers, toes, elbows, neck, cheeks, nose, back, calves and chin overnight and it won't come off overnight.... but it WILL come off! :rolleyes:

Get in as much Water as you can, even if you can't make the magic number! Same with your Proteins. It's really hard in the beginning, but it does get easier!

Six months from now, a year from now.......... you will look back and giggle at your aggravation and/or panic over that damned scale! And you'll be responding to folks to stay calm and keep on chugging along....... it WILL come off! :D[/quote']

True. Thanks..

I hope this helps... its what I do.... I have a bunch of the 34 ounce smart Water bottles. I've found I really can not tolerate Water post op and have heard the same from others. However if I put some Mio or crystal light in to give it some flavor I can drink it. So I fill my bottle up in the morning and add my Mio and start drinking it. My goal is to get three bottles in a day but some days I only get two in. However I've found if I can get the first bottle in before noon I can get all three bottles in. Usually finishing the last one right before bed. So instead of thinking about getting 90 ounces of water in a day... aim for 30 ounces separated into three mini goals and see if that works for you.

I always use crystal light otherwise I wouldn't even be getting down my 40 ounces..

All the best. You are doing really great. At week 3 I had a 3 week stall and felt sooooo discouraged. Your weight loss is terrific and while you may not be experiencing a stall I can tell you that this is definately the BEST thing that I have done for myself. I'm 6 months out now and have had a couple of stalls BUT the weight is coming off. I have nearly lost 100 lbs!! I feel terrific. You've made a decision that is life changing... hang in there - it is totally worth it!!

I agree. I'm still Pre-op, so I'm just looking at everyone's story and I must say, it's wild and exciting to hear people losing upwards of 30lbs in a month or two, but the reality, for me, is giving my body time to adjust. I think there's some great advice here. WLS isn't a miracle cure. I've never had a problem losing weight, it's always gaining it back and then some and kerping it off. Your body does need to heal and adjust. Before you know it, the weight will be falling off. It sounds like you're doing the right things calorie wise, but you have to drink more Water. Water is the key to everything. I went to culinary school and took a nutrition class and learned nutritional cooking. I learned so much about what our bodies need and water is key! Drink a minimum of 64oz a day. That's four little bottles. Water helps our joints and our organs function more efficiently. It helps rev up our metabolism and in turn increases energy. It moisturizes your skin and promotes cell development, a key in elasticity in our skin. It helps us feel full, especially for us emotional eaters. If you're not drinking water, it may be why you're stalling. 8lbs is nothing to get upset about. We're supposed to lose slowly. 1-2lbs a week. It gives our bodies time to adjust, our skin to snap back and encourages long term weight loss. I used to lose pretty quickly, and I always re-gained. Last month I only lost 6 pounds, dieting. I was so happy. A loss is a loss! I felt kn top of the world. You should be rejoicing and looking forward to what is to come! As long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, you will get there! I suffered from severe depression and being overweight had contributed to it. It's exactly one year ago that I wouldn't even come outside I was so sad! Now, I'm looking forwArd to great things including WLS, a tool that I feel will help me sustain my weight loss, and I'm so happy! Look forward. Our minds have a tendency to play tricks on us and can sometimes sabotage our progress. Stay positive, stay focus and keep your eyes on the prize! This is only the beginning!