Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a slow loser also. Tomorrow will be the 10 week mark and I've lost 28 lbs since surgery. I know the weight will come off eventually and I surely wont be one of those people who sprints to the finish line but I will get there. My clothes are getting loose so all my weight lifting and walking several miles is paying off. Yesterday I was so happy because a pair of jeans that I couldn't even fit 2 yrs ago fits comfortably! I don't need the scale to tell me that I'm making progress or headed in the right direction. I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing which is exercising 3 days a week and getting in 60+grams of Protein a day and the rest will fall in place. Good Luck eveyone

My post may not be helpful, other than to let you know you are not alone. I think I'm the slowest loser on this website! I eat 1,000 calories a day, walk 45 minutes a day, drink all my fluids, and I've only lost 30 pounds total, including my preop weightloss. I was sleeved 8 oct 12. I'm doing everything right.....it's just coming off slow. I get all my Protein in, my net calories per day is about 800...... It has been depressing at times, but, I'm still heading in a different direction than before I started this process. And I guess I don't have to worry about gallbladder issues with such slow weight loss! I also have hashimotos disease, so that may play a role. But I feel your pain!

My post may not be helpful' date=' other than to let you know you are not alone. I think I'm the slowest loser on this website! I eat 1,000 calories a day, walk 45 minutes a day, drink all my fluids, and I've only lost 30 pounds total, including my preop weightloss. I was sleeved 8 oct 12. I'm doing everything right.....it's just coming off slow. I get all my Protein in, my net calories per day is about 800...... It has been depressing at times, but, I'm still heading in a different direction than before I started this process. And I guess I don't have to worry about gallbladder issues with such slow weight loss! I also have hashimotos disease, so that may play a role. But I feel your pain![/quote']

You might consider the following suggestions for faster weight loss.

Try dropping the daily calories to 600-800 before you calculate exercise into the net daily total. Also try keeping your daily carbs lower than 30 grams. One strategy that I have found thatREALLY helps with weight loss is to split daily calories into 6 mini meals of about 125 calories each, most of the calories going towards solid Protein. Eat vegetables if you still have room. No extra carbs that do not come from your protein or vegetable in take. If you feel the need to cheat on something sweet, eat so something that will be low calorie and will help you, like an extra caramel Calcium chew or an extra Fiber Gummy. Each have about 15 calories and will not hurt you. I won't eat like this forever and am going to transition into a Mediterranean eating life style once I meet goal. Take the recommended Vitamins daily and try not to miss a day. Drink Water all the time when you are not eating. I also do not track any of my food Anita because I try and make good food choices every time I eat something. I do not have any cravings except for the need to refuel at meal time.

Finally makes sure you walk every day if you are not cleared for the cardio yet or do a daily 40 minutes minimum if you are cleared. During the first 6 weeks i was out walking with my dog for about 1-2 hours a day over 2-3 sessions. we were not doing anything terribly intense, just a brisk walk with some minor hills. After 6 weeks, i started with 30 minutes of cardio on an elliptical. it was on and off for me up until 3 months because there were days when i was just too tired to do it on top of working. I don't pay attention to calories at all that are burned from exercise because machines can only be so accurate. However, 40 minutes tends to be about 700-800 calories for me depending on intensity.Instead I push myself to get a good 40 minutes of intense cardio (sweating) Or lighter cardio and lifting. I did not get serious about exercise until about 4 months out.

Eating 6 times a day does help with staving off hunger. If hunger really becomes an issue, try taking a couple doses of chia seeds in the morning and at night. Eating right before bedtime is actually very healthy for weight loss because it keeps your metabolism active throughout the night, while you are sleeping. Drinking more Water helps with hunger also.

These strategies have worked pretty well for me post-op with being down 120 lb post op and an extra 30 lb pre-op. This plan was definitely evolutionary and I learned what worked for me as time went on. I am sure is will keep changing as I learn more in the next couple of months until I reach goal. Also, I log onto this application all the time, almost too much. With all the tips I am learning from reading other posts I ick and choose what works for me and put an action plan around it.