Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my final pre op appt today and told my surgeon that I was really tired which I think is from the restrictive diet. He said that I could add one meal a day- low carb- until the day before surgery and then have one liquids the day prior to the procedure.

So on the way home I just decided to eat and I went to a drive thru. Game over! I was so hungry I ate like two meals right then.

I know I will get back on track but I feel really bad. Can anyone relate?

I'm on my pre-op liquid diet and really want to cheat but haven't yet. I can completely understand how that could happen to you. If I decided to eat something I think I would probably lose control and eat way too much and eat bad foods. Good luck getting back on track.

When is your surgery? You need to fight the urge! The more you shrink your fatty liver the easier and better your sleeve will go! I promise you, the preop and first few weeks are the hardest time! I had mine on aug 1st and so far down 83lbs!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Just keep in mind that this surgery is no magic bullet. It will take a ton of work to make it work correctly. A significant life style change is going to have to happen. Drive Thru's pretty much are going to be a thing of the past. I took my pre-op time to basically act as if I was already sleeved. Did I want to cheat, sure. Did I, no. I want this more than anything. Crap food, no exercise, no will power is what got me here. I'm not about to drop major bucks on this thing if I am not willing to see it all the way through, no half way.

You can do it, but you have to be totally 100% committed to it. That starts at pre-op and all the way through to your goal weight. Start now, and you will have a much easier time.

Hang tough!

Ooooh boy can I ever relate!! Today was stressful... super cranky stressful and everything was going against me so I finally snapped and was like wth everything is crapping out anyway why not add to it?!? I searched the whole house looking for something horrible to eat and the only thing I could find was reduced fat Peanut Butter (oh joy <_< ) and sugar free hot chocolate mix (again.... joy <_< ) I still decided to hell with it, it'll do and ate a tablespoon of Peanut Butter and a cup of hot chocolate and by the time I was done that was it... the urge had passed.

So yeah, I know exactly how you feel but I just lucked out that I didn't have anything quick to grab and eat and not think about it. I think that's the real key... if it's not quick, easy and super tasty then it's almost hardly worth all the effort.

Glad I'm not the only one, feel horrible because I broke down and ate a cheese stick and apple slices lol. I'm on the no food liquids, Protein Drink, Jello week. Ugh. I hate jello! Refocused and will behave, I don't want my weakness to cause me to not be sleeved. We can do it :)

Question. So I am on the pre op diet I am only allowed to have the Optifast that was given to me. So for the day I am allowed 4 shakes a bar and a Soup but then I can have up to 3 SF Jell-O’s and # SF popsicles. Here is the problem even on my 8th day I am still hungry I tried the extra Water drinking but it didn’t help. So after reading I decided to make my own chicken broth. I use a low sodium base broth a few seasons and ¼ flour just to make it not like water. I drink like a cup of that and I am fine. Do you think I won’t be able to have my Sleeve? They told me that the diet was to shrink my liver I don’t see the problem what’s your thoughts

Question. So I am on the pre op diet I am only allowed to have the Optifast that was given to me. So for the day I am allowed 4 shakes a bar and a Soup but then I can have up to 3 SF Jell-O’s and # SF popsicles. Here is the problem even on my 8th day I am still hungry I tried the extra Water drinking but it didn’t help. So after reading I decided to make my own chicken broth. I use a low sodium base broth a few seasons and ¼ flour just to make it not like Water. I drink like a cup of that and I am fine. Do you think I won’t be able to have my Sleeve? They told me that the diet was to shrink my liver I don’t see the problem what’s your thoughts

Although it sounds more filling you have to make sure you're drinking Protein Drinks. I think making your own broth is fine but you should leave out the flour. Flour is high in carbohydrates and that is something you need to cut out of your diet to shrink your liver. 1 cup of flour = 95g of carbs.

Carbs are stored in your liver while it converts them to fat, hence the fatty liver we all have. I would say the broth is totally okay, but leave out the flour... That won't help you at all. Sounds like you are doing pretty well overall!

Thanks. I will remake the broth. I thought I was doing good because my cheat is not a big cheat. Enough my doctor told me no broth