Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 5 Months Out! Loose Skin, Stall Again?

I have lost 60 altogether pre and post op. I have some loose skin and need something for that , any suggestions ? I am not ready for surgery yet.

I have been on the same weight for over a month 218 and it is not moving down!!! Is this normal? I do Zumba and I keep busy. I would like to be at 189 at some point soon!

Maybe you should try a Spinning class. That will really get you sweating. Maybe the problem is that your body has gotten use to the type of exercising that you are doing and you need to do something that will take it up a notch to really get you the results that you want.

WhAt is your Water intake? I found that it makes a great difference coined with toning exercise. I am 9 months post op have lost 90 lbs total per and post op and besides my arms i do not have loose skin I drink 10 to 15 glasses of water a day

I drink 2 or 3 of the 44 onz cups . I try to stay below1200 calories . I had a Plato for 2 months.

I'm using It Works body wraps and defining gel as I lose weight. Had been helping thus far. I'm almost at 50 lbs lost in 2 1/2 months. As for your plateau, switch up what you eat, possibly increase your calories and change your exercise routine. Bodies become used to routine and need to be tricked. Good luck!

I'm using It Works body wraps and defining gel as I lose weight. Had been helping thus far. I'm almost at 50 lbs lost in 2 1/2 months. As for your plateau, switch up what you eat, possibly increase your calories and change your exercise routine. Bodies become used to routine and need to be tricked. Good luck!

Tell me more about this.

Google It Works and find a rep in your area. Mine came to my house and did a wrap on my stomach. In 45 minutes I lost 7 inches total. Have been using wraps once a week for the past 3 weeks, plus the defining gel, which had helped firm up my skin and reduce the cellulite look. I love the products and will continue to use them for my entire journey.

Maybe you should try a Spinning class. That will really get you sweating. Maybe the problem is that your body has gotten use to the type of exercising that you are doing and you need to do something that will take it up a notch to really get you the results that you want.

I read something like that in Fitness magazine. They said you should change up your routine every week.

Spinning is awesome! You can burn up to 800-1000 calories per hour class. Definitely get some cycling shorts! :) cycling also helps lengthen your leg muscles(leaner) and works your core( no crunches, yay!).

I've heard that wearing a compression garment all the time helps with gravity wanting to take over. Exercising with loose skin is only going to exacerbate the issue. We all like wearing loose fitting clothes when we work out, cuz they're comfortable. We really should be wearing form fitting to keep our skin from jiggling and gravity pulling us down.

I've been extensively researching this because I'm not interested in having a bodylift after all of this. I'm on my medically supervised diet, Pre-op. I am using this time to mentally and physically prepare for this surgery.

I am following the paleo diet. It's low carb, high Protein. No processed foods. This guy Mark Sisson breaks down the phenomenon of loose skin. Google him and loose skin. It's very interesting and plausible.

In addition, I do wear a compression garment all the time, even when I sleep. Nothing contricting, just holds me in. I prefer two pieces instead of one. Tj maxx and marshalls have all types of good ones for under $20. I love Flexees. They're soft and comfortable for sleeping in and layering under clothes and working out. I do have heavy duty ones, like vedette and body magic, but the seem restricting, ie, you know it's there. I'll use those post op, to help with compression. Spanx

There are other brands, those are the ones I use.

Also, I drink lots of Water, take a collagen supplement and other Vitamins that promote cell growth and rebuild collagen in the body. People swear by Gelatin broths( yuck). So I supplement.

Dry brushing also pomotes circulation and removes dead skin cells from the surface. And also allows any product to be easily absorbed. I've been doing it for a few weeks and I love the results. I bought a clarisonic for my face and I use a $5 natural bristle brush on my body. I had very bad acne and discoloration on my face and it is noticibly improving. I've gotten many compliments on my face( I'd been using the clarisonic for about 2 months now). My skin is radiant! Don't deep on exfoliation. I figured if it worked for my face, it had to work for my body. And my skin is smoother and softer. Use natural, sulfate free, body wash. I did splurge on Bliss body butter and love handler, but Nivea firming body lotion is just as good.

You have to be diligent, especially durning this time. I'm really loving how beautiful my skin looks and i know it's being nourished from the inside out. I'm sad that it took me this long to figure it out, but at least it's not too late.

Good luck with your journey!

*that was, don't sleep on exfoliation! Don't you just love autocorrect! ;)