Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Protein Recommendations

Saw my doctor today, 2 weeks post op. they show an eleven pound weight loss from their scales. Anyway, he wants me getting in more Protein. I have been drinking EAS low carb but I'm barely choking down 17g with it once a day. Need recommendations please. He wants me to get in 60 g a day. Yikes!

Protein is very imp....my doc said until d total weight is lost you will loss your hair too......

Sent from my iPad using VST

Are you on pureed yet? I am 3 weeks out today and have an Isopure shake with 4 oz skim milk and 4 oz of Water for Breakfast every day. I add a sugar free Torani Syrup or some powdered Peanut Butter and it is almost 30 Proteins. (25 for 1 scoop of Isopure and 4 for the skim milk. ) I have egg whites for breakfast and purée chicken or turkey for dinner. It allows me to get my Protein in. Water....that's another story...can't seem to get that in. Their are some really yummy Protein Shake recipes on the egg face website. Good luck.

I am on puréed. Thanks for the reminder of egg face blog. I am worried that it is milk making the shakes yucky for me.

Pure Protein powder is 25gm per serving. If you use 8oz of Skim plus it adds 11 more grams. I've found the chocolate is delicious. Sometimes I add some PB2 for a chocolate Peanut Butter shake.

Good Luck!!

I have found that I can tolerate my shakes now for one reason...I make them with egg whites instead of Water or milk. I just like them better. I do not just crack eggs into the blender...I buy egg whites that are pasteurized so there's no salmonella issues. And they don't taste like anything but they make the shakes so smooth, no sliminess and the Protein dissolves into the whites so nicely. It's just my little trick.

I am 1 week post surgery and saw the surgeon and dietican today! Protein real important! I like the Premium chocolate deom costco it is 39 graams of protein! Give it a try. Another person at my meeting today said Target brand Protein Powder was good, haven;t tried it yet but I will !