Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

I am a Canadian :) I am having surgery 2/18 with Drs Cabrera/Valenzuela in Tijuana.

Me too 2/6! I am on 3 day clear today & dying!

Sleeved on Feb 1st.. Surgery went great... Doc says liver was perfect... After recovery they put me in a room ( didn't notify my family) and left me for an hour. I was in so much pain it was in my back...once I got pain medicine they had to alternate with two different kinds b/c they i went so long without meds.. They had to get it under control... Finally I was told that I was not in the hospital records so they could not give me pain medicine right away.. But the good news is I'm home...feel much better just a little sore..

Congrats on getting your sleeve. I'm glad everything went okay :-)

I'm the 21st

So I am on my week long liquid diet before surgery. Would it be so bad if I had a chunk of prime rib during the Super Bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So, I went to the Super Bowl party, served 40+ pounds of prime rib and sirloin and potatoes ham etc. I have to admit that I had a couple of small pieces of prime rib and that is it. I know I shouldn't have had any,, but considering I would normally have had pounds of meat, I am pretty proud of myself. Wednesday will not come soon enough!

anyone else missing food? I'm not hungry really but i miss the stimulation that food gave me and find a little sadness with the lack of satisfaction i have on this diet and the prospect of 2 more months of this.

anyone else missing food? I'm not hungry really but i miss the stimulation that food gave me and find a little sadness with the lack of satisfaction i have on this diet and the prospect of 2 more months of this.

Yes, I understand! The Protein is curbing my hunger, but I feel like I'm missing something. My life has revolved around food for so long, now what?

Hi! New to this site :) I am being sleeved February 25th in Missouri through the hospital where I work as a nurse. Excited and nervous :) My son was sleeved December 17,2012 and is down 90 lbs. He lost 30 lbs prior to surgery but 60 in the past 6-7 weeks. Good luck to everyone!

What part of Missouri?

Hi I am being sleeved Feb 21st. I am from Jonesboro IL I will be having mine done at Herrin Hospital by Dr. sudakhuran. I'm very excited! I have 2 younger children 6 and 4 that I can't wait to be able to play with without being out of breath! I am a nurse at a psychiatrist office. My Bmi is 40 and can't wait to get my journey started! My husband has been my biggest support with my journey!!

Hi I am from Jonesboro IL too. I am a nurse at St Francis Medical Center and am being sleeved on

February 25th at my hospital by Dr LeGrand. It's so weird to find someone from my town on here :)

Totally understand. I'm generally a chocoholic but lately I just want a big plate of enchiladas with red sauce and sour cream. I about ripped my poor husbands head off for setting his bag of chips next to me during the game so that he could go get more queso. I bet he doesn't do that again! And I've got 17 more days of this. Seriously, how many more shakes can I put down before I find myself plowing my car thru the plate glass window of the closest all you can eat buffet down the street!

What part of Missouri?

Cape Girardeau MO southeast MO

I just posted this in the main forum. We're all preops in here, but I'm sharing it anyway.

Well, I'm officially on my two-day clear liquid only diet as of two hours ago. I can actually only have Water from now until tomorrow afternoon because I have to get some labs done at my cardiologist. On the one hand, I was not terribly excited about that, but on the other, the clear Protein Shake will look like a feast by the time I get to it. I can't believe this is it. I have this slight panicky feeling that's trying to tell me that the dinner I had tonight was my last enjoyable meal ever. I know that's not the case, and even if it was the case, I'd still know I had to do this surgery. I feel the freak out creeping up on me a little at a time as I get closer to walking into that hospital Wednesday morning. All I can do is take one breath at a time, and one step at a time, and just do this. Okay, as I write this, I'm really feeling how terrified I am. I need some words, please. Some people to tell me how worth it this was to them, and how much better they felt in the weeks and months after surgery.

California... February 26th!!! ;)

I am a Canadian :) I am having surgery 2/18 with Drs Cabrera/Valenzuela in Tijuana.< /div>

Hi, good luck! I'm a week sooner on the 11th. One week from today. Yikes. If you have any questions let me know. I'm home Thursday but late. So I could answer on Friday the 15th.