Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

:unsure: ohh nooo

So, I am on day 4 of my pre-op liver shrink diet. How stupid of me to put myself to only be on liquids the weekend for the SuperBowl. I am supposed to serve 40lbs. Of prime rib at the party. There is no way I will be able to do that without eating, will I? Not sure if I am going to put myself into that position. Wednesday is going to come do fast! Look out world the new and improved Big O is coming! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. We will be strong, we will be brave, and we will be there for each other. God bless!

my surgery is feb 4th very excited. not along process at all started in nov appoved 10 days ago.

My surgery is on the 5th, I am getting nervous.

I am on day 3 of 7 day Clear Liquids. Day one was tough while at a work conference with 5 buffets throughout the day! Torture! This site has been immensely helpful. Cytosport and premiere are lifesaving! Made some homemade chicken broth today which is kicking the canned broth's butt.

Best of luck to those of you getting sleeved this week!! Keep us updated on your progress on the Social Group February Sleeve Buddies!

Sleeved on Feb 1st.. Surgery went great... Doc says liver was perfect... After recovery they put me in a room ( didn't notify my family) and left me for an hour. I was in so much pain it was in my back...once I got pain medicine they had to alternate with two different kinds b/c they i went so long without meds.. They had to get it under control... Finally I was told that I was not in the hospital records so they could not give me pain medicine right away.. But the good news is I'm home...feel much better just a little sore..

Hi! New to this site :) I am being sleeved February 25th in Missouri through the hospital where I work as a nurse. Excited and nervous :) My son was sleeved December 17,2012 and is down 90 lbs. He lost 30 lbs prior to surgery but 60 in the past 6-7 weeks. Good luck to everyone!

8.5 days until sleeve procedure (2/12)... Holy cow.. Anyone else on the 12th? Anyone else have butterfiles from he11? :blink:

Good luck! Keep us posted! I'll be there on the 18th!

I am post op day three, and it has been rough. I can't stand feeling nauseated. I would advice bringing your own sugar free Jello and bullion cubes. You will need to buy bottled Water because the water here is awful, just showering in it is enough to worsen nausea. The hospital is a bare bones operation but the people are very nice and helpful. Like I said being nauseated is like a death sentence to me so I am pretty miserable right now. I can't wait to get home Be away from the smell of the water. Not looking forward to a five hour flight though. Ugh good luck on the 18th

8.5 days until sleeve procedure (2/12)... Holy cow.. Anyone else on the 12th? Anyone else have butterfiles from he11? :blink:

I am!!! Start pre-op liquid diet on 2/5. I've done it before and it is brutal, but I can do it! :-) Good luck to you!

I'm being sleeved 2/15. Day three of pre op diet. Excited and I'm sure the butterflies will come.

yes w/ the butterflies. I keep second guessing myself. one minute i'm thinking this is exactly the change I need. the next I'm thinking, why am I putting myself through this, what's so bad about being fat, you're healthy, you don't want to make a mistake do you?

I just need to get past the surgery and move on to the next step so I stop doubting myself.

I like the Unjury Protein Shakes. Several flavors to choose from.

I just had the chocolate splendor. Not bad really. I had ordered the sample pack and wasn't a big fan of the chicken flavor so I was a little worried about trying it. I may just have to order more of the chocolate!