Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Lie?!?!

Oh he we go w that you should leave that alone ..for real ijs

Girl I am definitely not going even acknowledge her comment with a response because I do not know where she is at in her walk in Christ or if she is even a believer. I don't have to validate that to ANYONE.

Sorry, no one sits around the treatment rooms of the wards discussing the theory. nursing is an evidenced based practice, we are far more focused on behavioral issues, therapeutic milieus and patient/caregiver relationships.

I have no idea what you do, and I only care to defend myself so much, and I am quickly becoming fatigued with this conversation. You are right, I did not pick up on your vague references because I flat out misinterpreted what you were even trying to say and that is your basis for more or less calling me an idiot. But the truely laughable thing in this whole conversation is that you feel that because you had to point out your bad joke that I know nothing of Freudian theory but the very fact that you think that is so agregious is what really makes you look silly.

Anyone in the know realizes that although he set the stage for modern psychology, other thinkers have filled in the rest. It's the difference between psychodynamic vs psychoanalytic and their varying degrees of usefulness.

Freud will always be around, if not only in the gaps but your assertions that because I didn't get your attempt at humor means I am somehow a know nothing or uneducated is laughable.

/ranty rant.

Girl I am definitely not going even acknowledge her comment with a response because I do not know where she is at in her walk in Christ or if she is even a believer. I don't have to validate that to ANYONE.

What is her problem if she feel it personal we heard that she's making the thread about her getting all defensive it's not that serious it's not about her not wanting to share its about lying to ppl that general want to kno for the benefit of help

No I told the truth . I work in the hospital and. And I knew people would see me there Now I feel like I'm I'm I'm under the Spotlight now..

No I told the truth . I work in the hospital and. And I knew people would see me there Now I feel like I'm I'm I'm under the Spotlight now..

I'm sorry your on the spot but you probably would have been on the spot if you wouldn't have told because the amount of weight u lose w the sleeve is noticeable just embrace your journey it's all good ppl are really just curious more then anything

I feel like that is how it would be with my family... Luckily they stay several hours from me. :-)

Just keep your head up and don't let any negativity have an impact on the journey you are on.

Lol sounds like google

That's what I'm saying ..preach I believe I said this in at earlier post

Girl ppl don't seem to like it when you keep 100 on this site....I was very close to going ham on a few ppl but that's not why I joined the site...I did because I'm fat and close to my surgery day, and I wanted to see and understand the different experiences and challenges ppl have overcome, one being share info or not... I surely don't feel like your a bad example if you don't. But I'm just like don't give me any info if your gonna chop it up...You feel me..and that lady kept riding me quoting me taking *hit all extra personal....and I had to exercise restraint and not go ham.....thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Hmm.. A "Christain", huh? Bwahahaha....

Hahahaha... This wasn't even meant for this forum. I was on my way out of work and didn't pay attention. LMBO... so get your panties out the wads you went and got them in. Sheesh.. Relax! hahahhaha

Girl ppl don't seem to like it when you keep 100 on this site....I was very close to going ham on a few ppl but that's not why I joined the site...I did because I'm fat and close to my surgery day' date=' and I wanted to see and understand the different experiences and challenges ppl have overcome, one being share info or not... I surely don't feel like your a bad example if you don't. But I'm just like don't give me any info if your gonna chop it up...You feel me..and that lady kept riding me quoting me taking *hit all extra personal....and I had to exercise restraint and not go ham.....thanks for sharing your thoughts.[/quote']

My surgery was 1/21 and you'll do great I'm a new sleever but I've always kept it real that's the only way to be one lie turns into one more I have a husband that supports me 100% so if so one ask I tell if I could help them if ppl say negative things about me having surgery I have family support so it doesn't matter but stay true to your self cause educating ppl on wls and that they have another chance at life is empowering and yes it's all on tv , billboard but knowing someone who's had it is so much better throw my journey I run into At least 6 ppl who had the sleeve most of them in the medical field and it was good to kno ppl that I came in contact w had it and had nothing but good things to say I wish u nothing put the best and if you have Q about anything pm I don't mind sharing my experience and I would love to kno how your doing when u have yours

My surgery was 1/21 and you'll do great I'm a new sleever but I've always kept it real that's the only way to be one lie turns into one more I have a husband that supports me 100% so if so one ask I tell if I could help them if ppl say negative things about me having surgery I have family support so it doesn't matter but stay true to your self cause educating ppl on wls and that they have another chance at life is empowering and yes it's all on tv ' date=' billboard but knowing someone who's had it is so much better throw my journey I run into At least 6 ppl who had the sleeve most of them in the medical field and it was good to kno ppl that I came in contact w had it and had nothing but good things to say I wish u nothing put the best and if you have Q about anything pm I don't mind sharing my experience and I would love to kno how your doing when u have yours[/quote']

Absolutely...will post pics and all when I figure out how to do it.. thanks. Sounds like your sleeve is treating you well.

Absolutely...will post pics and all when I figure out how to do it.. thanks. Sounds like your sleeve is treating you well.

Pretty good I lost 30 pounds all post op and 10 pounds pre op I will say the emotional part is nothing you can prepare yourself for I cried three time since surgery but like most say it gets better everyday and it sounds so phony when your days out cause your in pain ect . But honest it's so true my biggest challenge is Protein I'm just tried of everything sweet and I never had a sweet tooth to begin w it's like I'm forcing my self to drink them so imagine

Pretty good I lost 30 pounds all post op and 10 pounds pre op I will say the emotional part is nothing you can prepare yourself for I cried three time since surgery but like most say it gets better everyday and it sounds so phony when your days out cause your in pain ect . But honest it's so true my biggest challenge is Protein I'm just tried of everything sweet and I never had a sweet tooth to begin w it's like I'm forcing my self to drink them so imagine

Aww, sorry I hope this all passes soon. I'm sure I'll have very emotional days. People tell me I really have no idea until it's done and I so believe them...What makes you cry? Frustration? mourning? pain? Like what's a day in the life of ebonisekim post op?

being a psych nurse, I know "delusional" well and what I can say to you is that there is not enough information here to say if someone is having delusions or not. I don't know if you really don't know what that means, if you like to armchair diagnose over the internet because it makes you feel better about yourself, or what this is but not only is it a pet peeve to any ACTUAL professionals when people do that type of thing, its silly.

Maybe I'm touchy about it because I'm actually going to school for my NP so I have diagnosing rights or maybe you just rub me the wrong way every time I see a post from you because it almost always rings of superiority... but that type of thing is just silly to say the least.

The women could be having any number of issues. Do people understand that dumping syndrome is not exclusive to gastric bypass surgery?

ANY type of gastrointestinal operation, and I am not just talking about weight loss surgery. In fact, not a single one of those symptoms listed exclusive to any type of weight loss surgery, and they are all extremely common with LOTS of different procedures, sicknesses, and even psychological issues. These are common, common, COMMON.

That being said, is it likely that maybe she had a WLS procedure? Sure, it is not unreasonable to think that, but if you think for one second its any of your business and this woman should just fess up and tell you, I question how you came to decide you were entitled to this information. She could be feeling shame about failed dieting attempts, she could be experiencing complications that she doesn't want to talk about, she could be upset about her choice, or she may just be a private person. And all of that is assuming that she DID in fact have weight loss surgery.

I just want to say this one last thing before I unsubscribe from this thread, because its crawling with busybody type women (which is supremely unappealing). The more educated you get, the more you realize how much you do not understand about things. My years in the medical field (even though I am young, I've been in medicine since I was 18) have taught me that you really cannot assume anything. You just can't. You.don't.know. ANYTHING. It's laughable to watch all these people here with so little information grasp at straws to make every situation applicable to themselves. Maybe its comforting for people to feel like they are not the only ones who made the choice to do this, but that is what this community is for. You do not need to reach out to UNWILLING participants in your own lives and try to drag something out of them they don't want to share or might not even be true. Only you look stupid in the end for those types of clear boundary issues. Let them be, love them, they probably need it. Maybe if you were not digging for dirt they might share what is really going on with them.

I usually don't respond to posts that are likely to cause more ill will or sound arguementative , because I think it is very easy to misinterpret what someone is saying in print .(Namely me :unsure: )

That being said, I will try to clarify that I KNOW she had weight loss surgery and I don't care . I never ever asked her about anything because we do not share that close of a relationship. She got into my conversation and she lied . I know she had the surgery for many more reasons than I listed because I was trying to keep it short and was really trying to make a point she told an unsolicited lie and it was hurtful, end of story .

I am not here to make enemies I am simply here to receive information and share experiences. This is an experience I had.

Amy

Aww' date=' sorry I hope this all passes soon. I'm sure I'll have very emotional days. People tell me I really have no idea until it's done and I so believe them...What makes you cry? Frustration? mourning? pain? Like what's a day in the life of ebonisekim post op?[/quote']

Change it self for me I'm one those ppl that like things to be content I'm 29 yrs old and been on the same job for 8 yrs just an example ..morning food has something to do w it but not all of it your body is going through so much hormones and everything but since I'm on mushy food I've been more satisfied I don't get hungry only at 12noon weird rt but the thing is keep your mind on the goal and everything will be well worth it