Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carbs,sugar ,junk...yummmm

Im thinking hunger pains' date='im not eating that much,im just drinking alot,if I eat its,mainly starches..lima,Beans,corn,mashed pot.i did try a slice of.turkey(hillshire deli) my stomach hated,it.i rather drink[/quote']

Some people get acid production in the sleeved stomach which they interpret as hunger pains. Are you taking a PPI such as Prilosec or generic for reducing the acid? I take 1 a day every morning.

Some people get acid production in the sleeved stomach which they interpret as hunger pains. Are you taking a PPI such as Prilosec or generic for reducing the acid? I take 1 a day every morning.

No.i.am not

BrownShugaDiva

I never took any prilosec. Now I have some in my medicine bag and a supply at da house but its all just incase I need them. Try that. Good point btw. I never think of that because I never had a acid problem or hunger issues.

The back of the bottle says it takes awhile to start working

I never took any prilosec. Now I have some in my medicine bag and a supply at da house but its all just incase I need them. Try that. Good point btw. I never think of that because I never had a acid problem or hunger issues.

The back of the bottle says it takes awhile to start working

Thanx to u both

BrownShugaDiva

Im thinking hunger pains' date='im not eating that much,im just drinking alot,if I eat its,mainly starches..lima,Beans,corn,mashed pot.i did try a slice of.turkey(hillshire deli) my stomach hated,it.i rather drink[/quote']

You are early out, so I"m gonna give you some crazy advice....do it honey. Eat whatever yummy crap sounds good to you :) It will NOT agree with your tummy (specially since you say youve had issues with foods getting down already) and you'll likely kill the craving for some time!

The other night we had a bunch of house guests. A ritual is a nightly "cap" in the parlor. I used to have baileys on ice. So I was drinking my hot oveltine (I was low on protein) and decided to put a shot of baileys in it. I couldn't drink a quarter of the thing. A few sips and probably the sugar...I was nauseous. I normally drink oveltine so it wasn't that. I then tried it one more time just to see...same reaction. I guess baileys and I are no longer going to be friends. I have no craving for it after feeling that way either!

It's amazing how a "little" nausea, or even vomiting, will take care of some cravings! Lol

It'll be a long time before I eat another onion ring.

Omg ibeen craving funyons

Let me be the first to tell you. Pre op I hated chocolate. Now chocolate is awesome. *note: I only eat dark chocolate*. I never ate any junk food preop either. But that goes to show that our tastebuds change. I used to love milk. Now I dont drink it at all. Just be prepared to have a change of heart of a few things. Good luck and happy experimenting

Im thinking hunger pains' date='im not eating that much,im just drinking alot,if I eat its,mainly STARCHES..lima,Beans,CORN,MASHED POTATOES.i did try a slice of.turkey(hillshire deli) my stomach hated,it.i rather drink[/quote']

Starches (potatoes are included in this category) are your likely culprit. They are empty carbs which are almost immediately turned to sugar in the body. Also white carbs have this magical ability to trigger cravings for more carbs (like Funyons). Corn is both very high in sugars, and very hard to digest.

If you can abstain from white carbs (rice, bread, potatoes, pasta) and fried foods for 2 weeks you find your cravings will become much less intense, and more manageable.

I am a raving carb monster right before TOM. I feel like a crazy person sometimes and want to eat everything in site. I best defense is not to keep things like that in my house. Also, it is true, the more carbs you eat, the more you crave it. But you are not crazy, it is very common for many women because of our lovely hormones!

Yes i agree! We have the weightloss gods against us as women! Lol hormones are our enemy at times. I have been craving popcorn like a mad woman and its so hard to stop it! But today I have promised myself that I will not have one grain of popcorn! So I feel ur pain girl! But we can get thru this together!!