Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Research For School

Hi everyone, I'm currently in school for my BSN and I need everyone's help with answering questions.

What is ur biggest fear? What made u decide to get the GS? How did u pick ur Dr? What are the risks, health benefits?

Have ur health issues resolved since the Gastric Sleeve?

I'm a new sleever... only a little over a week out, but I've posted my answers to most of your questions on my blog. Under the about section.

Maybe that'll help a little?

www.mysleevedtummy.com

I'm a new sleever... only a little over a week out' date=' but I've posted my answers to most of your questions on my blog. Under the about section.

Maybe that'll help a little?

www.mysleevedtummy.com[/quote']

Thank u for ur time, I won't be using names but I really appreciate ur feedback

My blog is fatchickgonewild.blogspot.ca so feel free to check it out and if you could email me the questions, I'd be happy to answer anything for you. I did have a leak so lots to share. crystaldyck@gmail.com

My biggest fear was not beingbtuere for my kids. That is also what pushed me to have the surgery. I chose my Dr becuase they were a center of excellence. I also chose him because he conducted the seminar I attended and I was very impressed with him. I have lost 61lbs in 3.5 months. The changes have been phenomenal. I can breathe again. I can play with my kids again. My joints dont hurt.........the list goes on. I would do it again in a second.

Hi everyone' date=' I'm currently in school for my BSN and I need everyone's help with answering questions.

What is ur biggest fear? What made u decide to get the GS? How did u pick ur Dr? What are the risks, health benefits?

Have ur health issues resolved since the Gastric Sleeve?[/quote']

My biggest fear about The surgery was not coming out alive. Biggest fear being the reason I had surgery, not living to see my daughter grow and become an adult.

My reason for having it is what's stated above. And I was tired of being tired. I want to talk up a flight of stairs and not feel winded. Buy clothes from a regular store. Not worry if I'll fit in the rides at an amusement park with my daughter.

I saw a few doctors but picked mine in the end because he's one of the best. And I know 5 people who had surgery by him all with amazing results

Hi everyone' date=' I'm currently in school for my BSN and I need everyone's help with answering questions.

Have ur health issues resolved since the Gastric Sleeve?[/quote']

My biggest fear was surviving the first month after surgery. My aunt had her stomach stapled back in the 80's and died from complications.

I choose the sleeve after having a failed Lapband that ulcerated. The sleeve does not have the malabsorption issues the bypass has and it does not stretch like the band and bypass does.

My doctor was recommended by another physician.

The risks are that if any other surgery as far as the sleeve there's also less than a 1% risk of a leak. The benefits are that it offers healthy weightloss with a better chance if maintaining a healthy weight for the rest if my life.

My asthma, fibromyalgia, anxiety, and hypothyroidism are all under control. I hope to be off most if my meds within the next few months. I still have back and neck pain as I have herniated discs, however, I expect that to resolve too with the weightloss.

My biggest fear was not beingbtuere for my kids. That is also what pushed me to have the surgery. I chose my Dr becuase they were a center of excellence. I also chose him because he conducted the seminar I attended and I was very impressed with him. I have lost 61lbs in 3.5 months. The changes have been phenomenal. I can breathe again. I can play with my kids again. My joints dont hurt.........the list goes on. I would do it again in a second.

Thank u so much for ur input!

My biggest fear was surviving the first month after surgery. My aunt had her stomach stapled back in the 80's and died from complications.

I choose the sleeve after having a failed Lapband that ulcerated. The sleeve does not have the malabsorption issues the bypass has and it does not stretch like the band and bypass does.

My doctor was recommended by another physician.

The risks are that if any other surgery as far as the sleeve there's also less than a 1% risk of a leak. The benefits are that it offers healthy weightloss with a better chance if maintaining a healthy weight for the rest if my life.

My asthma' date=' fibromyalgia, anxiety, and hypothyroidism are all under control. I hope to be off most if my meds within the next few months. I still have back and neck pain as I have herniated discs, however, I expect that to resolve too with the weightloss.[/quote']

Thank u for ur input,very interesting, very appreciated!