Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Wks Post Op Miserable

Actually I had it at a Bariatric Center of Excellence. Many sleevers here have had great success with the doctor and his reputation was stellar.

My dear, you don't know me. You don't know anything about me or my story. You don't know why I chose the route I chose. So don't flip out insults and snide comments. It's not becoming and it's a horrible reflection on you when you have an icon of a gorgeous baby staring at us in your posts. Look at that beautiful picture and try to let go of some of this bitterness towards someone you don't know will you please? It's kind of silly.

Thanks, I think he's beautiful as well..and he only recieves the most precious love and kindness from me as I give to anyone else..In the future speak unto others as you would wish to be spoken to.

Thanks' date=' I think he's beautiful as well..and he only recieves the most precious love and kindness from me as I give to anyone else..In the future speak unto others as you would wish to be spoken to.[/quote']

Well thank god you reserve that for him. He's beautiful. And ummmm ok missie...thanks for the advice or command or whatever it was. ::eyes rolling::

Pssttt....anyone know? Is it a full moon today? There's some goofy out in the world today LMAO

Grow up Iggy, I'm sure YOU know and have gotten the point.(smiling)

Hey OP (Original poster) how are you feeling today? Any better? I hope so! I hope today you woke up feeling wonderful! But if not I pray that day by day it gets a little more easy for you!

I understand why you posted! The one reason I LOVE this site is I get BOTH the good the bad and the ugly (I listed 3 things..lol). But it's good to know that things don't always go smooth, that people react to the surgery, and sometimes medication differently.. Leaks can happen, bleeding, pain, getting sick. etc. etc.. and the good can happen too! There is nothing wrong with letting people know I am pre-sleeve probably will be sleeved around March and I want to know what can go good and bad!

Iggy Chic..looks like to me all you have done on this forum lately is try to discourage others from having this surgery and it's simply not right. Nothing you say can justify that and I WONT stand for that! If anything you owe presleevers an apology for your negativity and disgusting display of character."It wasn't worth the risks and pain","You would never do this surgery again", "You will always feel guilt about having it done"? Really? Stop it!!Stop scaring other presleevers!!!!!It gets better and you know it!!!If that's all you want to do here, find another forum! This IS NOT THE PLACE DEAR!!!!!.......................PEACE AND LOVE!!! :)

I've been posting on this forum for some time my dear...I am not looking for a fight, but I also won't stand for someone dissing someone who is suffering. Complications to this surgery are many and they are scary. Your comments were offensive. If you didn't mean that, try an "I'm sorry" to the OP as you obviously went far afield of the original intent of this thread.

sleeve4me...

Out of all the responses on this thread, yours was the only post that was condescending and rude to the OP. Then you proceeded to attack another poster that has gone through a near death experience having complications from surgery, and call her out as having a "disgusting display of character"? I find this to be exactly what most posters loathe on these boards. You are the one that needs to "scroll on by" from my point of view.

These boards are to support and educate, to share real life stories whether the outcome is positive or not, and patients that suffer complications need this support more than the rest of us, and a warning about the realities of the risk is prudent to all people contemplating surgery.

Well thank god you reserve that for him. He's beautiful. And ummmm ok missie...thanks for the advice or command or whatever it was. ::eyes rolling::

Pssttt....anyone know? Is it a full moon today? There's some goofy out in the world today LMAO

Guys I'm fairly new to the board but let's agree to disagree. I think the question was actually not to far out of left field. It did seem a bit troubling that OP was asking Sleeve Vets about something so serious. But then when OP explained that the purpose wasn't a cry for help but more of an inquiry that made sense. And could have been the end of it.

Now, I have to say, I read a couple of WLS sites and some posts do appear questionable. Not to say this one was but I have seen some. Iggy I have been following your posts and have learned TONS about what could go wrong. Thanks for documenting everything for us newbies.

But, I also don't think someone who doesn't stalk the boards like me would know there could be such serious complications. I say all that to say, I think sometimes when something is so dear to our own hearts it immediately causes us to assume things are one way without considering the other side.

I felt the need to post this because I usually find value in your posts but the gab at the baby was a bit much. BTW, my intention is not to single you out but your the Vet so (based on your previous posts) you seem like a lovely person.

Lets all move on from this post unless we are back to helping the OP.

Guys I'm fairly new to the board but let's agree to disagree. I think the question was actually not to far out of left field. It did seem a bit troubling that OP was asking Sleeve Vets about something so serious. But then when OP explained that the purpose wasn't a cry for help but more of an inquiry that made sense. And could have been the end of it.

Now' date=' I have to say, I read a couple of WLS sites and some posts do appear questionable. Not to say this one was but I have seen some. Iggy I have been following your posts and have learned TONS about what could go wrong. Thanks for documenting everything for us newbies.

But, I also don't think someone who doesn't stalk the boards like me would know there could be such serious complications. I say all that to say, I think sometimes when something is so dear to our own hearts it immediately causes us to assume things are one way without considering the other side.

I felt the need to post this because I usually find value in your posts but the gab at the baby was a bit much. BTW, my intention is not to single you out but your the Vet so (based on your previous posts) you seem like a lovely person.

Lets all move on from this post unless we are back to helping the OP.[/quote']

:) Yes let's help the OP but please know...I am a total baby lover and so to see nasty posts with that beautiful picture kinda bothered me. That baby is beautiful and that's all I meant. I hope he gets nothing but love. :)

Iggy Chic..looks like to me all you have done on this forum lately is try to discourage others from having this surgery and it's simply not right. Nothing you say can justify that and I WONT stand for that! If anything you owe presleevers an apology for your negativity and disgusting display of character."It wasn't worth the risks and pain","You would never do this surgery again", "You will always feel guilt about having it done"? Really? Stop it!!Stop scaring other presleevers!!!!!It gets better and you know it!!!If that's all you want to do here, find another forum! This IS NOT THE PLACE DEAR!!!!!.......................PEACE AND LOVE!!! :)

Gee, I am sorry but you have it backwards. If Iggy makes people think twice about this surgery, then she is wise to do it. So many people go into it lightly, and don't even research their surgeon . All they can think about is "I'm gonna get skinny"

Iggy makes young mothers think about waiting until they feel their kids are old enough to be left with other supportive adults. it's wise to think these things over, considering that the young mothers should know, there is a possibility that they could be hospitalized and away from their family if there are complications.

If you don't like Iggy's posts, put her on ignore.

My surgery is Monday and of all the posters I've come to know on this board, Iggy had been te MOST helpful. She's real and brings reality to some of these sugary sweet posts. What help would be able to offer the OP if we hadn't heard of all the complications like hers? She had been insanely supportive on these boards. Sleeveforme, you need to actually READ what she's posted and stop selectively quoting her out of context.

Realism is more important than any over the top optimism that will lead my fellow pre-op friends into something life altering thinking its all sunshine and rainbows.

Gee' date=' I am sorry but you have it backwards. If Iggy makes people think twice about this surgery, then she is wise to do it. So many people go into it lightly, and don't even research their surgeon . All they can think about is "I'm gonna get skinny"

Iggy makes young mothers think about waiting until they feel their kids are old enough to be left with other supportive adults. it's wise to think these things over, considering that the young mothers should know, there is a possibility that they could be hospitalized and away from their family if there are complications.

If you don't like Iggy's posts, put her on ignore.[/quote']

I totally agree. When I first came across one of Iggy's post I had to go back to the very first one so that I could find out what had happened to her. Iggy and I have something in common, I too have a little boy with special needs, as well as two other children. I have a husband but he works 10 hr days and I am the sole caregiver for my son as well. My husband is to be sleeved before me and he was not required by insurance to do a 6 month diet like I was so we were happy that our surgeries would be months apart. With that said because of the way the Bariatric office has scheduled his appointments our surgeries will be closer than we wanted and expected. I have waited long enough and don't want to postpone mine. Iggy has really given me some things to think about and I thank her for that. I don't know about the rest of you but when we go to our appointments at the Bariatric office they smile in our faces and tell us that many people our doing this and we won't have any problems. I was even told that I could still have the surgery if I lost all of my weight before my surgery. My mom is 71 yrs old and can't really take care of my child with special needs, I only ask her to watch him if I have to. I have one brother who lives in another state and he knows nothing about children. I come on this forum everyday to further educate myself. This is to big of a decision and a lifestyle change to be taken lightly. Like someone else said I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly. I want to thank all the people who take the time out of their busy day to tell us about their experiences, they don't have to do that they could just go on with their lives.

Please, if you wish to have a disagreement with someone, take it to personal messages as opposed to hijacking the OP's thread.

I personally believe it is vital to know everything you can about any type of surgery prior to having it, the good, the bad and the ugly. Everyone should educate themselves before making any life-changing decisions about their body. How can we do that, if we only know the positive outcomes, and not the possible negatives as well?

OP, I am so sorry you are having problems. I spent the first six weeks regretting having the sleeve. I couldn't even get hardly a sip of Water down, I was weak, couldn't work, had fainting spells, was nauseous 24/7, and ended up in the hospital three times due to severe UTI's and kidney infections from dehydration. I looked like a drug addict because of how many times I was placed on IV fluids. Fortunately, around week seven things started turning around for me. I was finally able to start taking in more fluids and more substantial Protein. I gradually began to feel better and now I love my sleeve. It was a rough start, but in the long run, for me, it was indeed worth it.

Most of us here are not doctors. We can only share our personal experiences and what did or did not help us. It is vital we stay in touch with our medical care team and openly communicate with them everything we are experiencing. If we don't, then they cannot help us and we are not doing ourselves any good. I am glad to see you are keeping in touch with them. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and I truly hope things improve quickly for you.

Ginger helps with my nausea. I either cut up fresh ginger into tiny pieces and swallow them with Water or I drink ginger tea.

I'm glad I've actually had a positive effect on a few lives :) Thanks all. I'm hoping that the OP will also do the same. People need to really think about how drastic a step this is...not a bad thing, but it is drastic and I hope to see that everyone who posts on these boards goes in with their eyes wide open! The more ready they are...the better!

Liz...I'll have you in my thoughts Monday. Please be sure to post a thread with your progress when you feel up to it after surgery?

And OP...how's it going?????

Hello all ; just got home. began vomiting uncontrollable Thursday afternoon went to E/R after CT was sent back to my surgeon for abscess & Fluid around my stomach. Luckily he said no abscess just irritation of stomach & old blood around it. Have gastritis due to a virus which caused the vomiting to begin with is the thought. So Clear Liquids for a while & new meds will see what develops. Thanks