Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dallas, Texas Sleevers! !

Hello :)

While I have been sleeved' date=' my husband didn't qualify for insurance so we are looking into the cash pay option.

Specifically someone that doesn't suck and is at or under 10k. We are in the northeast (think rockwall-ish) part of Dallas, but willing to drive a little. We aren't trying to cheap out but 10k is pretty much all we can do.

Recommendations? (Not Mexico, already suggested it and you would have thought I told him to do the surgery himself ;)[/quote']

My doctor was Dr Davidson of Presby Dallas

Everything included nutrition classes follow up dr appts for a year surgery and two days to recover in hospital

All of this for 11,000.00

He is an amazing Dr.

My doctor was Dr Davidson of Presby Dallas

Everything included nutrition classes follow up dr appts for a year surgery and two days to recover in hospital

All of this for 11' date='000.00

He is an amazing Dr.[/quote']

I'm going to Dr Stowers at Barictric solutions in Decatur... I'm paying $7125, bc they are gonna fix the dreaded hiatal hernia. Insurance will pay for the anesthesia etc. My surgery is March 20, not even having second thoughts like I was with lap band.

I'm going to Dr Stowers at Barictric solutions in Decatur... I'm paying 7125' date=' bc they are gonna fix the dreaded hiatal hernia. Insurance will pay for the anesthesia etc. My surgery is March 20, not even having second thoughts like I was with lap band.[/quote']

That's awesome your getting the anesthesia covered! Best of luck on your surgery! It's going to change your life! It's amazing :)

Sleeved11-27-12... just received bill... insurance covered Sleeve except our part of out of pocket. What's giving me a heart attack, is there is a biopsy charge also, assuming the liver. It was more than the sleeve, and DENIED!! My gawd, he was already in my stomach, why in the world would snipping a piece of liver cost more?? And why is it denied!! We cannot in any way afford this charge, it would be equivalent of a car payment for 4 years!! And yes, your lucky if anesthesia is covered. I need to see if Nutritionist is covered, because I truly need to visit one. I have a Lap-Band 3 years ago, insurance covered most, including taking care of hernia. Lab-Band removal, along liver biopsy, covered. My original surgeon referred me to my sleeve surgeon, and holy mackerel... I'm losing sleep at night, about this bill. Will start necessary phone calls to see what the issue is, tomorrow. Lord, I hope it's a mistake on someone's part, surgeon or ins., and I hope it doesn't turn into a war...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I received a lot of extra bills as well. Especially from the Anesthetists. I hope you can get it worked out :/

Sleeved11-27-12... just received bill... insurance covered Sleeve except our part of out of pocket. What's giving me a heart attack' date=' is there is a biopsy charge also, assuming the liver. It was more than the sleeve, and DENIED!! My gawd, he was already in my stomach, why in the world would snipping a piece of liver cost more?? And why is it denied!! We cannot in any way afford this charge, it would be equivalent of a car payment for 4 years!! And yes, your lucky if anesthesia is covered. I need to see if Nutritionist is covered, because I truly need to visit one. I have a Lap-Band 3 years ago, insurance covered most, including taking care of hernia. Lab-Band removal, along liver biopsy, covered. My original surgeon referred me to my sleeve surgeon, and holy mackerel... I'm losing sleep at night, about this bill. Will start necessary phone calls to see what the issue is, tomorrow. Lord, I hope it's a mistake on someone's part, surgeon or ins., and I hope it doesn't turn into a war...

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Hi Glenda I'm so sorry. This does sound very stressful.

Do you know why he did a biopsy on your liver during the sleeve surgery?

I would think if you did not sign for it than it shouldn't be part of the surgery?

Otherwise they should have pre approved it.

Opinions needed. I am deciding between dr Manual Castro in Duncanville ( Methodist Dallas) or dr Davidson (Presbyterian Dallas). Please vote and share why you would choose which.

I had my with Castro and love him and his staff.

Dallas Area 2nd Informal Support Group Meeting!!!

Last month's luncheon meeting worked out so well, we're going to do it again, on Saturday March 23rd at 12:30 at Season's 52 in Plano at the Shoppes at Legacy!R

RSVPing is very important as I gave them a number last month that was larger than the number of people that showed up. If you RSVP and later find out that you can't make it, please let me know.

If you'd like to come or can't come and want to recieve emails about future meetings, please email me at kev.lev@tx.rr.com. Include your name, when you had your surgery or if you're pre-op, and how many will be coming.

Look forward to seeing all those who were there last month and some new faces this month!

Hello everyone' date=' I'm from Dallas/Mesquite and I'm getting sleeved March 20th![/quote']

I live in Mesquite and was sleeved on 2/26 by Dr. Kim. I feel great, just ready for the soft food stage in 9 more days.

Hi! I'm in Garland, and am having my surgery on Thursday with Dr Colleen Kennedy. Her staff is amazing! I was supposed to do mine at Presby Rockwall or Baylor Plano originally, but after my experience with Methodist Dallas's Weight Loss Institute, they blew me away and I switched to them.

I am on MyFitnessPal as the same name BADB0Y (the O is a zero).

Hello :)

While I have been sleeved, my husband didn't qualify for insurance so we are looking into the cash pay option.

Specifically someone that doesn't suck and is at or under 10k. We are in the northeast (think rockwall-ish) part of Dallas, but willing to drive a little. We aren't trying to cheap out but 10k is pretty much all we can do.

Recommendations? (Not Mexico, already suggested it and you would have thought I told him to do the surgery himself ;)

I

I had to laugh at your husband's response to Mexico. I was banded in Mexico in July 2006 and then in November I went back to my same surgeon, had revision surgery to the sleeve. I'm very happy with the sleeve and extremely happy with my group of doctors and the beautiful private hospital that we stayed in. My hubby was with me and we had a 2 room suite. I have pictures and at some point when I learn to post pictures on here, I will, lol. They are on my phone right now. I had excellent care and paid much, much less than I would've here. However, everyone must feel comfortable with the surgeon and hospital they choose. If he would ever want to talk to me and see the pics, I could text them to him. My doctor was Dr. Rodriguez and he is in Juarez. My band surgery was actually in Acuna, across the border from Del Rio, TX. Now, he is working out of Star Medica Hospital in Juarez and believe me, I did think twice about going to Juarez, but I trust Dr. Rod and also I knew his driver would be picking me up in El Paso and transporting us straight to the hospital and back to the airport parking lot 3 days later. Anyway, feel free to contact me privately if you want to see the pics! Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of Dr. Rod or the other wonderful docs who were part of the team.

Greetings!

Would like to let you know of our informal support group that was started a month ago. Many of the hospitals have more formal support groups led by nutitionists, nurses, etc. that are more topical in their approach.

We get together once a month on the 4th Saturday as a group of WLS patients. They range from people just considering surgery or pre-op to those who are quite a few years post-op. I myself am within 90 days of having my surgery.

This month's meeting (as was last month's) is at Season's 52 in Plano on Saturday, March 23rd at 12:30. If you've never been to Season's, it's a restaurant that specializes in serving fresh seasonal offerings and everything on the menu is 475 calories or less. It's perfect for most of us, with the exception of those on pre or post op liquid diets.

We'd love for you to join us. Please RSVP to me by Thursday at kev.lev@tx.rr.com Also drop me a note if you're unable to make it, but wish to be kept informed of future meetings.

Thanks!

Kevin

Season's 52

7300 Lone Star Dr. Suite 100

Plano, TX 75024

Got my date! June 10th with Dr Kim at Baylor Trophy Club!! Eeeek!!!!

Whoops, wrong thread!

I'm in the Mid Cities