Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It Takes Hard Work.....

I am so sick & tired of people thinking that since I had surgery that it doesn't take any effort and that it's a piece of cake. If looking into getting this remember Yes ur portions will be smaller but other than that u have to choose what foods u put in ur mouth and how often u exercise. If u don't use the tool right u wont lose the weight. AND for those people that say it takes no effort ask them to cut down to 4 ozs per meal and then ask if it's a piece of cake. Just venting.

I knw how you exactly feel. They would never know the struggles of being fat, over weight and even morbidly obese! Ive had to tell a girl once that shes more that welcome to live my life even for just a day.. soo annoying huh!

The easy way out is doing nothing about your weight.. people think that getting 90 % of our stomach removed is a walk in the park. People who have never been obese will never understand what we go through. Dont let these people get you down. Most of these people are ignorant and cannot be helped.

I am so sick & tired of people thinking that since I had surgery that it doesn't take any effort and that it's a piece of cake. If looking into getting this remember Yes ur portions will be smaller but other than that u have to choose what foods u put in ur mouth and how often u exercise. If u don't use the tool right u wont lose the weight. AND for those people that say it takes no effort ask them to cut down to 4 ozs per meal and then ask if it's a piece of cake. Just venting.

My so call friend had a real dig at me before I had my surgery by telling me if she couldn't loose weight herself without cheating then it wasn't worth doing . I also got heaps of crap about shortening my life etc etc most of the time it's actually just jealousy talking and really it's their problem not ours .

I don't know of its too late, but don't tell people!! I'm not telling anyone, even my kids, until I'm successful and happy. And by successful, I mean near my ultimate goal.

I'm sorry youre frustrated. That does have to stink.

My so call friend had a real dig at me before I had my surgery by telling me if she couldn't loose weight herself without cheating then it wasn't worth doing . I also got heaps of crap about shortening my life etc etc most of the time it's actually just jealousy talking and really it's their problem not ours .

"cheating" Wow... like this is some kind of game. This is your life. If this were a game and I had to cheat to survive... I would.

You be the cheater and live a long and healthy life. Let her not cheat and watch herself continue to expand.

People who say things like that are people who are just either stupid, ignorant, or (in this case I suspect) jealous. There's a growing body of scientific evidence that shows that for many people, it's almost impossible to lose weight the traditional way. Nobody would consider surgery just to get 10 or 15 pounds off, and I'm sure everyone here (yourself included) has a list of tried and failed "diets" a mile long. Do what you need to do, look fabulous doing it, and be proud of what you've done!

Ya, I got to feeling guilty about taking "the easy way out". So I decided to make up for it in the other things I do. Now, instead of taking the interstate exit, I drive through the ditch, through the fence, over the field, and up on the state road.

If it weren't for the dead cow, the lawsuit, and the arrest I would feel a lot better about myself. :huh:

Yes I have been told I was cheating too. Well I felt like I was cheated out of life all those years of being over weight it's funny how people will talk crap when ur fat and tell u to do something about ur weight and as soon as u do u took the easy way out.smdh

I feel so blessed to have family, friends and even work colleagues who have watched my lifelong struggle and really get it that this is "the only way out" not the easy way out.

Eating small with the sleeve is easy compared to living like with 100+++ pounds of excess weight. Now, that was HARD. I am sorry, but people who are only a little overweight really have no idea. The metabolic issues that just take over your body as a result of all that fat make it just impossible to stay on a "diet" without a tool like this surgery once you get so big.

So, here is a suggestion - in all seriousness. I feel this is a life and death matter.. if a "friend" starts giving you crap... how about telling her that? something like "this is a matter of saving my life and improving my quality of life. If you can't be supportive, I would appreciate it if you just keep your negative comments to yourself as this is so incredibly important to me." It seems to me that any friend that can't respect that kind of clear statement is a questionable friend. Families, well, we are stuck with them, but I more or less told mine that basic statement. There was silence from a few, so I knew then didn't approve, but so what - this isn't their fight, it is mine.

My brother R who was one of the silent ones, told me recently that he was wrong and now sees that this was so necessary. He has become one of my biggest cheerleaders - who knew?!?

HaHa! The quote of the day!

Did you ever make it to your destination via the ditch and through the fence method?

Ya, I got to feeling guilty about taking "the easy way out". So I decided to make up for it in the other things I do. Now, instead of taking the interstate exit, I drive through the ditch, through the fence, over the field, and up on the state road.

If it weren't for the dead cow, the lawsuit, and the arrest I would feel a lot better about myself. :huh: