Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size 22, Down From Size 26!

Despite my weight fluctuations, I've basically been wearing the same size 26 dress pants for work, for years. They have been getting way too baggy to the point where people have been telling me to get new pants!

Went to get a couple pairs today, and I fit comfortably in a size 22! I was feeling a bit of sticker shock and realize I'm going to need to begin shopping consignment stores during this weight loss journey.

Size 22 and going down! :D

That is terrific! :)

I've been buying all my clothes (except bras and underwear) at Value Village. They have a great selection of clothes in all my styles (I go to many different locations to comb the racks) and you can't beat the prices! I've found brand new (with tag still on) excellent quality dress pants, blouses, sweaters, etc. all for less than $10 each! Sometimes it's only $5-6! Even when they are not brand new, I can always find "gently used" items that no one would ever suspect are used clothes.

At that price, I can afford to buy "new" clothes every 6 weeks or so (which I've been having to do, since my body is transforming so rapidly!). I find that now that I've lost weight, I'm more comfortable in more properly fitting clothing (and tighter too!), and so I have to keep shopping to stay ahead of the "baggies"!

Plus when I'm going shopping, I take my "old" clothes and donate them to the store so that someone else can benefit from their use. It's economical, environmentally friendly, and community-positive. Plus they give money to local charities for everything that's donated.

That's a WIN-WIN-WIN!

that's wonderful, keep up the good work!

That's great. Keep up the great work.

Despite my weight fluctuations' date=' I've basically been wearing the same size 26 dress pants for work, for years. They have been getting way too baggy to the point where people have been telling me to get new pants!

Went to get a couple pairs today, and I fit comfortably in a size 22! I was feeling a bit of sticker shock and realize I'm going to need to begin shopping consignment stores during this weight loss journey.

Size 22 and going down! :D[/quote']

I know alot of people sell clothes on here for pretty cheap. I am gearing up for a huge garage sale to help with my clothing purchases and alterations. I have alot of 22 pants and shirts in 22/24 and 3x.

I've been buying all my clothes (except bras and underwear) at Value Village. They have a great selection of clothes in all my styles (I go to many different locations to comb the racks) and you can't beat the prices! I've found brand new (with tag still on) excellent quality dress pants, blouses, sweaters, etc. all for less than $10 each! Sometimes it's only $5-6! Even when they are not brand new, I can always find "gently used" items that no one would ever suspect are used clothes.

This was so my plan but to date I am having a difficult time finding pants in my size. While I am still losing it is not rapid as in the beginning. I've actually had to breakdown and purchase some pants retail which just hurt my heart because I will never get proper use out of them. I haven't given up on Value Village and other shops like it though, I cannot afford to.

HOwdy! COngrats to you!! I was sleeved July 2nd, and was a 24 - now I am wearing 16s!!! I went shopping last week for new bras, underwear, a few dresses and shirts and pants.....it is expensive...but I think these 16s will last awhile since we don't lose as fast after this..........

It is an amazing journey!!!!

HOwdy! COngrats to you!! I was sleeved July 2nd, and was a 24 - now I am wearing 16s!!! I went shopping last week for new bras, underwear, a few dresses and shirts and pants.....it is expensive...but I think these 16s will last awhile since we don't lose as fast after this..........

It is an amazing journey!!!!

Wow you have really lost a lot since July. Congrats!

Despite my weight fluctuations' date=' I've basically been wearing the same size 26 dress pants for work, for years. They have been getting way too baggy to the point where people have been telling me to get new pants!

Size 22 and going down! :D[/quote']

Oh yeah! Congrats..i know it feels good