Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Regrets? I Do ..

It is really really hard at first. It gets easier each week, but I felt that the first couple of months was kind of rough, for a variety of reasons.

Keep your eye on the prize, remind yourself of why you did this. To some extent, your job right now is to heal and just get through this unpleasant time!

I did wonder what you mean by pain. Are you talking about all the time, are you talking about after consuming food or liquids? Remember, eat slow, really small quantities. Much smaller then you might imagine..... it constantly blew my mind and i weighed/ measured everything in the early months because my brain could not recognize 1/4 cup as an actual serving of food....lol... could not be trusted without a measuring cup!

Hang in there, before you know it, you will be sharing with everyone how happy you are with your results!

Not one minute of buyer's remorse!!! I enjoyed every second since I got out of recovery; a 'journey' - what a wild ride. I love my sleeve, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Dawn can you give an update on how you feel now?

I'm 3 months out, no regrets and I think my DOC needs to take more of my stomach out. I've had No restrictions no problems with bathroom or dehydration. I drink plenty of Water from day one. I haven't had a Protein Shake in a while because I'm eating enough food. But I feel my loss is slow and I know it's the choices I make. I hope all is well!

I had so many mixed emotions the first 2 or 3 months, I stayed nervous, wondering and pondering "if I made the right decision". But it's been 2 years and I have lost all of this weight and felt like I haven't even tried. It just fell off seriously! How are you feeling now and how is your weight loss?

Going4it--

Ok well about a week shy of my 3 month anniversary and down over 85 lbs. my bathroom issues are still there but not too serious.

I still have a horrible time with Isopure- and Protein drinks as whole. Boost light is Ok. I take flu stone chewable Vitamins. Water has been my best friend.

As for food, I definitely not doing great. Most food tastes horrible and I am still unable to eat a whole scramble egg in one sitting. I have fat from a perfect diet, but trying to be better.

Regrets? Still have some... I really do miss food. The social and emotional aspects. And the enjoyment - I would never have list 85 lbs in 3 months without it. I do get compliments which make me feel good but some days I wish there wasn't so much restriction. I have very few things I can eat- and can actually go a day or two without eating anything.

Dawn' date=' it will get better. I know it's hard to see that now but, it's true. Look at the posts from people a couple of months ahead of you and try to focus on what is to come. It will help you get through this tough time. Also, if you aren't taking sublingual B12, try to start taking it as soon as possible. I find that when my energy starts to dip low around 3-4 in the afternoon, the B12 really helps. Another thing that might lift your spirits is a Pinterest board with all the things you are looking forward to. Mine is called Reasons to Be Skinny and I spend time pinning clothes, shoes, and pictures of things I want to do. It gives me a little boost when I'm feeling down. :)

A big part of this is mental and if you really work on finding ways to accentuate the positives and focus on the end goal, it will make you feel better in the short term.

Good luck and keep coming here for support! We want you to succeed and know you can!!![/quote']

I love this idea!! My surgery is march 4th. And im so nervous!!! Doing a Pinterest board is such a good idea! Especially cause ill be out of work for a week lol

Dawn, it will get better. We've all said that.

No, I have not one regret. Wish I had done it sooner. Would spend the time, money and effort again today if I had to.

Like a previous poster, I lost weight easily and rapidly, and got to goal so quickly it stunned me. I know I was very lucky in that respect.

Hang in there, it will be fine soon.

Hang in there... those first few months are tough sometimes. I'm a big proponet of counseling if you need it (I really did, I didn't get to 375 because I was hungry). Take it one day at a time. It's a great ride once you let go of those old behaviors. I still struggle sometimes with the "woe is me" when I'm out with friends. But I remind myself... it's not about the food. It's about the social interaction.

HUGS... every day will be better if you let it... you can do this!

Thank you everyone. The weight is coming off. It has been 3 months since surgery and down 88 lbs. I had a rough bout of kidney stones a month after surgery. I still have a hard time eating. And will vomit once a week. The good thing is killing me because nothing tastes good or digest well. It all sits in my stomach. I keep hearing it will get better. But I want to just enjoy something that doesn't ale me feel ill after the first bote

It truly gets better. I hated hearing that but it does. I'm 6 weeks out 41 lbs down and an so much happier. I went thru a break down in the beginning too. My friend had the same surgery and kept saying it gets better and I knew it did but felt like it was so far off. I had a lot of pain too. It was from the large incision. If its severe u really need to call ur Dr ASAP. Good luck!!!

My pain was from the incision were my stomach was removed. 3 weeks post op till I had no pain. I had a breakdown too- it gets better I promise

Thanks sleevies...

vomit once a week. nothing tastes good or digest well. - all sits in my stomach.

Dawny

sorry you are still having problems :(

down 85 lbs in 3 months, thats great, but i understand you don't like the vomitting issues et all that go along with your great weight loss

you look like a smart cookie B) ;)

i'm sure you've discussed with your doctor the vomitting, nothing tastes good or digests well ? he is the one that must/will help you

feel better sooner than later

we'll be back to check on you (thats a promise, but also its a threat :lol: :lol:)

good luck