Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared As Hell Of Excess Skin!

This is a small concern for me as well. I asked my wife what would be worse, fat, or loose skin. She didn't even hesitate... loose skin. I'm not going to focus on that right now though. My surgery is likely to be in early January. I figure that while I'm recovering, I'll look more closely, but excercise and perhaps some creams or lotions, or even Vitamins will help mitigate the issue. If all else fails, there's always surgery, but that wouldn't be my desired way to go.

My advice: take it one step at a time. Put the first thing first. When that's over, focus on the next step.

Be well...

I am going to Amazon to get one thanks for the info!

Arcus, its amazing how people would prefer being fat but i get it. I am on crunch time trying to get toned as much as possible. I don't want the skin but i don't want the fat either.

I'm one week post op and i'm already starting my plastics savings fund! I pray that I wont need to do it and will take every preventive measure I can, but might as well be prepared if necessary is my thought.

I like the idea of starting a fund. I might have to steal your idea. One week post op, wow and you are posting?!

One week post op, wow and you are posting?!

Posting lol, today I went jogging!

Wow!!! I assumed i would be in too much pain!! Good for you!

Wow!!! I assumed i would be in too much pain!! Good for you!

Oh honey lol. There are people that post right after surgery. Unless there are complications I've read the pain isn't that bad :)

Jogging @ one week post- op? Seems to me that would be pushing the limits of your healing. You may feel great, but no clue what damage you may be doing to your surgery site. Scary thought... Be careful. They don't tell you to take it easy just to be wasting air. There's a reason!

DiamondKized! I had the band and went down to 104lbs and had excess skin. Now that I'm back to being obese.. I'd give anything to have the excess skin again. I'm 55 and my BFF is Spanx ;D ... you're young and may not even have a problem. Focus first on the weight loss and then begin the toning. Good luck

Jogging @ one week post- op? Seems to me that would be pushing the limits of your healing. You may feel great, but no clue what damage you may be doing to your surgery site. Scary thought... Be careful. They don't tell you to take it easy just to be wasting air. There's a reason!

I asked, they said I can't do any damage to the site and it's based on my pain leftover from surgery. Which mine is basically gone. I redid day 1 of the couch-to-5k program. Mostly walking and then a lite jog to keep the heart rate up.

Oh honey lol. There are people that post right after surgery. Unless there are complications I've read the pain isn't that bad :)

I am hoping that I am one of those lucky people!!

DiamondKized! I had the band and went down to 104lbs and had excess skin. Now that I'm back to being obese.. I'd give anything to have the excess skin again. I'm 55 and my BFF is Spanx ;D ... you're young and may not even have a problem. Focus first on the weight loss and then begin the toning. Good luck

I guess i never thought about it like that. I contemplated going to get the band but I think that the sleeve is better for me. I thought that the band had less risks of getting the excess skin but after watching a few of the videos i see differently.

Your friend is right!! Ok it's settled- goal outfit it is. I was thinking about buying cute winter coats when they go on clearance for next year but how do u know what size to buy? For now I would buy a jumpsuit for spring as my goal outfit.

Yeah, i think im gonna go for the goal outfit. Ill prob get a size 12.. I cant wait to get that size! Lol. I am a 20 now too. My thighs are my biggest area...

I think that I am going to go for a 10 or a 12 too. I am only 5 foot 3 so i think that it would be a good size. I am not sure if you can see my pic next to my postings but i was a size 17/18 there but it was all in my hips and my chest. i would love to be a size 12 with the same build.

I'm 5'1 and I think I'm going to buy my goal outfit in a size 8 or 10. Shoot for the stars, right?!