Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevesters?

My surgery is tomorrow 11-27-2012. I made it thru liquid diet on Thanksgiving cooking for 19 people!!!

All checked in! Now the wait begins.... Message said arrive at 6am for 8 am surgery but apparently it's 8am arrival for 10am surgery.

I'm anxious to so something other than sit and wait...and I'm SO thirsty!!

Losers bench here I come :)

Hello' date='

I am relatively new to the site do there may have already been this thread prior so I apologize.

Just wondering of the planned/anticipated novembers?[/quote']

I had surgery in 11/14/12 an had my 1st week ck up with my doctor an already lost 20 lbs . ????

Good luck today! First day to a new life ! Don't forget to also join my fitness pal it's a great way to track your food! Add me if u like as a friend. God bless you!!! And your doing the best thing for yourself !

Thank you soooo much for the encouraging words. I'm excited and nervous at the same time...smh

Hello all!

I just scheduled my surgery for November 19th with Dr. Kim of Kaiser West LA.... so excited! Best of luck to everyone on your journies!

Hey , how are you feeling after surgery . I had mine 11/14/12.

My surgery is tomorrow as well. Looking forward to it being over. Kinda freaking out!

Hope your doing ok! Every day it gets easier . I promise

Don't freak out ,i was very afraid myself,i was even crying on the way to the Hospital,i was so nervous .after i ck in they called me bk to take vitals.after that the Doctor came an an ask me you ready,I similed an said yes lets do this...befroe i new it i was in the operating Room an everyone introduce them self to me ,they were all very kind.My Doctor said dont worry before you no it you'll be up .He was so right.now i was out of it for the rest of the day ,but manage to get up later on that night an walk around.very inportant.By the next day i felt alot better ,but my tummy felt very heavy,an i would have to hold it all the time i would get up an move around..you will be just fine .Today makes 13 days ,i feel good but i get my days were i still hurt,Just dont over do it ...GOOD LUCK TO YOU :)

Im sorry i just mis read your surgery date ,i feel stupid...im new her an trying to figure,out how this really works...sorry ,but anyway how do you feel .im always bloated how about you !

If you do not have one I highly suggest a body pillow. I am a side sleeper and didnt sleep well in the hospital because I couldnt sleep on my side. but the body pillow helps' date=' you can put it under your stomach and put your legs around it to take off the pressure from being on your side, its a wonderful thing ! .

Hope your feeling better soon !.[/quote']

Thanks MindyNTexas I did just what you advised and was able to sleep like a baby last night!

What are you november sleevers able to eat at this point? Please post what your eating in a typical day and how far post op you are. I'm interested in hearing where everyone is at. Everything with any texture that I eat (yogurt, pudding, hummus) get's stuck and feels uncomfortable and my stomach is really "talking" to me. I think I heard it tell me off a couple of time..LOL

My surgery is on Wednesday and today I woke up with a really minor sore throat and stuffy nose!!!!!! Nnnnnooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I was asked to notify them if I got any cold or flu symptoms. :( I don't want it to be canceled.. What should I do?!?

You will be fine - just take it easy - I started feeling crummy before surgery too, probably from that stupid liquid pre-op diet LOL and malnutrician - just baby yourself, with plenty of fluids, tea and rest. Good luck

Dont worry about the stuffy nose etc.. It would have to be in your chest before they would cancel. At least that has been my experience, working in the OR for 30 years. And they will check you out before surgery anyways. I would NOT cancel myself.

I was sleeved Nov 6. Had some issue with nausea Post op day 4 & 5 but got over that. Live better chemically. anyways, I am now eating eggs, tuna, ground turkey, as well as the full fluids etc. starting to branch out more now. Feeling good, although I have lost 15 lbs since surgery, I am stuck a little now... but I had lost 50 lbs preop.

Hang in there.. every day it gets better.. :rolleyes:

What are you november sleevers able to eat at this point? Please post what your eating in a typical day and how far post op you are. I'm interested in hearing where everyone is at. Everything with any texture that I eat (yogurt' date=' pudding, hummus) get's stuck and feels uncomfortable and my stomach is really "talking" to me. I think I heard it tell me off a couple of time..LOL[/quote']

Today I had one scrambled egg, Protein Shake, three bottles of Water, and just now about two tbsp of smashed split pea Soup. The soup went down well and tasted better than anything I've had so far. Still need to get more Protein in. Did all my walking. I'm six days post op.its really hard to get all the protein in.