Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevesters?

Well, it's finally over...got sleeved yesterday and I feel surprisingly good. I didn't have to stay overnight and got to sleep in my own bed! I felt better after this surgery than after my gall bladder surgery. Thanks so much to everyone for their posts and encouraging words. It really helped lower my anxiety and prepare me do what to expect. Happy losing everyone!!

I was sleeved on 11/19 and I am still having a heck of a time with fluids. I am lucky if I get 25 oz in a day! 1/2 of that is usually a Protein Shake so I am getting some Protein but not near enough. My stomach just does not like drinking a ton! How is everyone else doing?

I was sleeved on 11/19 and I am still having a heck of a time with fluids. I am lucky if I get 25 oz in a day! 1/2 of that is usually a Protein Shake so I am getting some Protein but not near enough. My stomach just does not like drinking a ton! How is everyone else doing?

Because i was a revision Its taking me longer due to scar tissue.. liquids for the most part are fine .. I get in probably 36 oz of liquid a day but I cant drink any protein .. it does not sit will with my stomach , I was revised on the 14th and still am not on mushy foods or pureed foods like most people. The closest I can eat and keep down are refried Beans .. doc told me to just keep trying .

I was sleeved the 19th as well and am having the same problem! I get one protein shake a day and some fluids. I really need to work harder on it but I am just not hungry/thirsty and now that the Vitamins and Calcium are added to the mix I just don't see how I can do it! A little more each day is my goal. I feel like I would have to constantly be putting something in my mouth to reach the amounts we are supposed to be getting. I feel pretty good though and went back to work yesterday 11/26. I have a desk job and am not in any pain so I held up well. Although I did go to bed at 8pm last night because I was pretty tired. Lost 10.5 lbs since morning of surgery!

I was sleeved the 19th as well and am having the same problem! I get one Protein Shake a day and some fluids. I really need to work harder on it but I am just not hungry/thirsty and now that the Vitamins and Calcium are added to the mix I just don't see how I can do it! A little more each day is my goal. I feel like I would have to constantly be putting something in my mouth to reach the amounts we are supposed to be getting. I feel pretty good though and went back to work yesterday 11/26. I have a desk job and am not in any pain so I held up well. Although I did go to bed at 8pm last night because I was pretty tired. Lost 10.5 lbs since morning of surgery!

Im hitting a wall when it comes to energy too ! I have none !! Ugh

Surgery yesterday went well. No issues other than a few moments of nausea but they started diluting the pain med in my IV and that solved that! I never once used my morphine drip. Didn't need it at all

Just got approved to be discharged. So happy to be going home and getting started on the new me!

I hope everyone else is doing great!

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers. They were very much appreciated!

Take care everyone!

Julianne

I just got sleeved yesterday afternoon. No appetite what so ever. I go home tomorrow. I was walking around about 2 hours after recovery. Very little gas and almost no pain and very little nasea. No dizziness. I didn't drink anything yesterday but i have drank 2 20 bottles of Water with crystal light. I do feel how week my bod is though.

AAnd my discharge paperwork says liquid diet and if I don;t feel satisfied cream Soups. It says if it will go threw a straw you can have it...funny though cause they won't even let you use a straw....but I get it....

1 week post op today and I am down 24lbs, I had part of a Protein Shake, Water, and tonight I am dining on Soup. I am glad to be on full liquids....

I'm tomorrow! Holla!

Hollaaaaa! Lol...look forward to welcoming you to the losers bench! Our prayers are with you!

I just got sleeved yesterday afternoon. No appetite what so ever. I go home tomorrow. I was walking around about 2 hours after recovery. Very little gas and almost no pain and very little nasea. No dizziness. I didn't drink anything yesterday but i have drank 2 20 bottles of Water with crystal light. I do feel how week my bod is though.

AAnd my discharge paperwork says liquid diet and if I don;t feel satisfied cream Soups. It says if it will go threw a straw you can have it...funny though cause they won't even let you use a straw....but I get it....

Congratulations! Welcome to the losers bench! Sounds like your recovery is going well so far...keep us posted on your recovery...

good morning all. well this is it im on my way to TJ mexico to be sleeved on the 29th

and i really dont know how i feel but im going

Well good luck. Drink that Water and walk, walk, walk....

Good Morning All!!!! I had my sleeve done Monday morning. Im doing great. Ive been up walking since that night. The gas in my back and should was crazy on Monday night, bur I walked it all out yesterday.

I havent been hungry at all but I know I have to get my Fluid in. This is my first Breakfast in the hospital.

good morning all. well this is it im on my way to TJ mexico to be sleeved on the 29th

and i really dont know how i feel but im going

You are going to do just fine...trust me. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!