Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevesters?

13 pounds is great! The important thing is that you are losing! I strongly believe you will be fine! Congratulations!

I lost only 7 lbs...it has been 13 days since surgery.

For those of us who have been sleeved this month' date=' how is your weightloss going? I am 8 days post op today and have lost 5 lbs. Truthfully, I thought it would be more, as I weighed myself 5 days post op and was the same loss of 5lbs! I'm not eating hardly anything at all - I am trying. Just wondering if anyone wants to chime in on this.:)[/quote']

I was sleeved on the 14th and since surgery, I've lost 12 pounds. Down a total of 29 since starting this process, I just hope it keeps coming off! Cannot wait to be under 200 pounds.

I had my one week post op appt with the doctor today. I had to laugh because I asked him if he was sure he did it because I feel really good. I think during the first week (for those of us that have an way go of it) you have monumental advances ( ie day 2 felt horrible and I think it is because your stomach and throat are so swollen from the procedure). Day 3 for me was "return to normal day"... Took a shower, ran errands, did laundry but was tired by the end of the day. Day 4 was a repeat of day 3. By Monday I was back at work and my old self. Somewhere between Monday and Wednesday the getting liquids down like normal just happened. I starting with sipping slowly and often. For me a cup with straw helped but they caution you about straws and getting to much aIr. Not sure but it seems to work for me. I drink as much as I can until that feeling a fullness starts and then stop right away. I start back up about 20 minutes later.

Some other notables from my post op meeting with the doc. I told him I was gave my Proteins and even managing to get Greek yogurt down. He told me to hold off on the soft foods until week 2. People have popped staples with yogurts, grits etc. he said if you can't get something easily through a straw, you shouldn't have it until week two. Of course the sarcastic side of me thought "well if I put my mind to it I could probably suck a Reese's Peanut Butter cup through a straw if I wanted to" but you get the point. Too much hard work has gone into this for us to potentially bring on a complication. Go at your own pace and in the next couple of days you are going to be shocked that you can get liquids down much faster. I was. Look forward to hearing from all of you soon. Happy healing,

Hi All:

I have been busy keeping busy watching all the new posts and wishing everyone well from here in CA. I wanted to write a follow-up to life after the sleeve procedure almost three weeks out this Thursday. First of all I wake up every morning and tell myself this is a JOURNEY, not a RACE! With immediate success with weight loss during the pre-op phase and even rigth after surgery, you get this feeling like "Wow, At this rate, I should be down 100 pounds in no time." Reality check, you didn't gain the weight in two months so it isn't going to come off that fast. For those that are feeling a little let down because the weight loss is slower than you expected, please, please do not get discouraged. I know that I started at 240 On Oct 1st and don't know what I weighed on surgery day. As of today I am 214. While on the surface you might say that is fantastic, let me tell you the whole story behind this weigh loss. After surgery I am assuming I immediately lost weight. How could one not... you aren't eating or drinking anything. I think we are sort of like spounges that after preop and the one week post op, we are all rung out. There is literally nothing left in you. Then you start to feel better and you get rehydrated. Guess what, rehydration will start to actually make you gain weight. Now the former fat girl in me starts to panic at this point. I say to myself, "you just paid an ungodly amount for this surgery and you are gaining weight?!" Again,we revert back to what most of us know and are familar with and that is yo-yo dieting and the initial rush of weight loss followed by a serious let down of regaining the weight. Got a news flash for you.... you are not gaining weight and you are not reverting back to your old ways. It is almost impossible for you to gain weight back with 7/8 of you stomach being gone. Anyway.. back to my story. So I start to rehydrate and gravitate around the 216-217 mark on the scale. At week two I start back on soft foods (actually truth be knowns, I started back on a lot of things that were not on my doctors short list.) For me, I am really looking at this as a life long change and I am taking my time along the way to get to know the new me and the new stomach. Tast buds to change and things that I loved before don't work for me know. This is not to say I am eating like a crazy woman (again, you won't be able to because trust me, we you get beyond three ounces of anything you literally start feeling like you are having a heart attack with chest pains, cold sweat, dizziness. I think this is normal. For me the best advice is if this happens to you, stand up and criss cross your arms over you head. It passes but it shares the daylights out of you.) So back to my diet, The good things I have been eating are fish, greek yogurt, meatballs with a small amount of sauce, ground beef, chicken chewed really really well, eggs, oatmeal, Soups, potatoes, cheese. What I have experimented with (and when I say experiments I mean like one bite.. doughnut, ice cream, cookie and three tortilla chips with salsa. These were favorites from my past. While us sleevers don't experience dumping, at least for me the sweets don't sit well with me and have actually lost a lot of there appeal. My sampling of foods for me was a good exercise to see what works and what doesn't. I think I have a realsitic view of what I can eat and how much. I have really had to educate my immediate family on not being the food police with me. A simple explanation of "I know my body or at least an learning new things every day about it... I appreciate your love and support but I also need you to trust me. If I have a bite of something that does not look like "diet foos" please don't freak out and judge. I can only eat 3 oz at a time and I know that eating my Proteins first is what works for me. I am human and my head is still going to send me triggers that I want something so let me try and learn along the way. I am no longer a fat person that is going to go through life on a yo-yo diet. The surgery I have done is permanent and restricts my intake so while there are food choices that I can make, I cannot undo the procedure or sabotage the journey to being health and happy as I did in the past. This weigh loss is going to happen." After a week of going up a couple of pounds and then holding at the same weight I am starting to lose again (not five pounds a day but a steady progress.) Kepp the faith for those of you who are entering week two or three, you probably will experience a stall. It is normal. You did not make a mistake in your decision nor are you the one rare exception in the bunch that got sleeved and won't lose the weight. Remember... it is a JOURNEY not a RACE. A year from now, we will all go back through the posts and say "Remember when I was complaining about the pre-op diet, freaked out about my surgery day, in pain the first day or so, nervous about starting food, mad at the weight stall, excited about the change in sizes and the comments that friends and family are making. We are all going to get there and in our own time. Sending my love and support to my fellow November sleevers. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! - Marshawn

Thanks George! Surgery went very well yesterday and I'm really feeling well outside if being just a little sore' date=' but I really can't complain! Just waiting to have a smooth recovery! Heading back to Florida from Tijuana on Friday night and to finally relax in my own bed! Yippee! Thanks for all of your support to us late November sleevers and you were right; there was really nothing to worry about![/quote']

I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well! Now watch the pounds fall off! Little adjustment period with the diet. But nothing you can't handle!

Looks like I will be a December sleever. The wonderful people at Signa decided not to accept my original office visit and dietitian visit in Nov 11 because... It's November it has been one year, and the dietian visit had to be within a year!! (no ****!! I was astonished) I can't see the dietian again until Dec 3 (within a new month) so surgery in now set for Dec 10th. Good luck Nov sleevers. Becareful Dec sleevers, keep all you medical records, and rest the finest of print.

Looks like I will be a December sleever. The wonderful people at Signa decided not to accept my original office visit and dietitian visit in Nov 11 because... It's November it has been one year' date=' and the dietian visit had to be within a year!! (no ****!! I was astonished) I can't see the dietian again until Dec 3 (within a new month) so surgery in now set for Dec 10th. Good luck Nov sleevers. Becareful Dec sleevers, keep all you medical records, and rest the finest of print.[/quote']

That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the wait is quick

Looks like I will be a December sleever. The wonderful people at Signa decided not to accept my original office visit and dietitian visit in Nov 11 because... It's November it has been one year' date=' and the dietian visit had to be within a year!! (no ****!! I was astonished) I can't see the dietian again until Dec 3 (within a new month) so surgery in now set for Dec 10th. Good luck Nov sleevers. Becareful Dec sleevers, keep all you medical records, and rest the finest of print.[/quote']

I'm sorry....I also was planned to have surgery in oct with everything set including insurance, then at the last minute they made me change hospitals! So that's why I'm a nov sleever;) after the pissed off stage I realized maybe it was just the way it was meant to be!

So sorry it really does suck

Surgery is scheduled in less than a week and I have a terrible case of the "what ifs"! Not about the surgery but about after and all the changes physically and mentally. So much to think about....

Anyone else experiencing this?

Good luck and congrats to all the Novembers!

I am 26 Nov here in San Antonio. Very nervous.

Sweetv123 I'm Nov 16th too in SF Bay Area :)

I lost only 7 lbs...it has been 13 days since surgery.

Kali, my bad, I misinterpreted...don't get discouraged!

I spent one day in the hospital, now home awake. Missing morphine drip lol

2013 is my year....SD 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY

I am 26 Nov here in San Antonio. Very nervous.

Where are you getting sleeved? I am in SA too:)

Mz Smurf we will do just that! This is your new beginning and you will do great! I lost 16 Lbs on my preop diet and I did it for two weeks! I wasn't perfect everyday' date=' but it sure paid off! Much success to you and keep us updated on your progress![/quote']

Thank you sweety...I only have preop diet for 1week...I can't wait to have surgery next week...I'm so excited....congrats on your successful surgery and goodluck on your journey :))

Surgery is scheduled in less than a week and I have a terrible case of the "what ifs"! Not about the surgery but about after and all the changes physically and mentally. So much to think about....

Anyone else experiencing this?

Good luck and congrats to all the Novembers!

As soon as mine got scheduled, I got super nervous and almost psyched myself out. As the day got closer, I got more and more calm. Just be positive. :)