Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

kym it's like deja vu

the same thing happened to me in school and it was awful. angela all they told me about was the cathter :lol: and the iv:( . the good news is no bowel prep.26 days to go, i am getting so nervous but then i was at the mall today and noticed some fat chick in the walled mirror and it was me. i knewthen i am doing the right thing i feel like i need an emergency band stat after that. . plus if they want us to stay in the mall and shop they need to take those d--- mirrors down. :clap2:

Hi!

I am getting excited more and more everyday! Somehow it feels like a dream... does anyone have daydreams of appearing to people you have not seen for a while....and they were not nice to you due to your weight...and just appear when you have lost lots of weight and looking gorgeous and seeing their jaw drop?! Is it just me?

Have a great day!

i already have a skinny little friend - 5ft and 95 lbs size 0 that is angry with me all the time now... seems she is afraid i wont be the fat fun friend when we go out - she is afraid the guys will pay me too much attention...oops as a matter of fact i already get alot of male attention due to a good personality and big boobs. so she is really threatened at the thought of my size 20 ass some day being a dreamy size 10... i keep telling her there are plenty of men to go around and honestly i dont want one right now - which btw drives men crazy to be told you arent interested and they try even harder!! its a crazy cycle... when you want one you cant find a good one and when you dont want one they are everywhere. i just want "me" time to get healthy and feel good for a change - no real time for men right now. sorry for the ramble but yes Angela, i believe alot of changes lie ahead not just physically but how we are seen and treated by new and old friends.

Hi everyone. i just though I'd check in here with you November bandsters because although I'm currently scheduled for surgery on Oct 26, I might have to postpone and move it to November.

My inital CBC test showed that I have anemia and the docs are struggling to find the source of the bleeding. I've had a colonoscopy, endoscopy and baruim x-rays and still no answers! Now I have to swallow a pill with a camera in it! Of course the insurance is taking forever to approve it...I hope it's soon.

Good luck to all of you!

Hi Jessica...Welcome!

Good luck with your tests! How do they know you might be bleeding from somewhere? Could it be your diet was just very low in the nutrients needed to not be anemic? I hope it someting simple! MAke sure you are taking your B vitamins...B6, B12, B Complex, and Folic Acid and also enough foods with iron...green veggies especially green leafy veggies. Have they said anythiong about giving you Iron? Is it lack of iron or is it a low red blood cell count? Very good luck,,, and keep us posted!

:update:

nightgown/pajamas

slippers

robe

lip balm *

toothbrush and toothpaste :brushteeth:

little bottles of Shampoo and conditioner

cloips etc. for your your hair

cell phone :mobile_phone:

*****for those traveling to Mexico: :plane:

passport or driver's license and birth certificate*

money in small bills 5, 10 and 20's

very comfortable clothing to fly back home and for the hotel after surgery.

Calling card purchased in Mexico...ask one of your docs helpers about how to get one

your cell phone might work, but check how expensive it is :phone:

Packets of chicken broth

Protein shake powder?

***please add to the list anything missing....:confused:

:funscale:

Thanks for the welcome! I was first diagnosed with anemia in August and they've been trying to figure it out since then. They have determined that I am very Iron deficient and that I am bleeding somewhere in my GI tract. They had to test my stool and found blood in all 3 samples. My diet is fine...I eat lots of meat and green veggies. At this point, the doc thinks the bleeding is coming from my small intestines (the only place they haven't looked). So that's why I have to take the pill with a camera...it takes lots of pictures as it goes all the way through your GI tract. Kind of interesting, but I just want it to be over with! I am on Iron pills now, twice a day.

Here are my newest lab results:

hematocrit: 34.8 (normal 36-36)

hemaglobin: 11.4 (normal 12-16)

iron: 28 (normal 37-170)

iron saturation: 6% (normal 20-50%)

My original lap bad surgery date was Oct 5 and I had to postpone because of the colonoscopy/endoscopy. But then that came back inconclusive and I might have to postpone again. It's frustrating!

Hi Jessica,

How are you doing? When do you need to do the little camera capsule? Hope all goes well. If you can find aloe vera juice where you live, drink it along with another juice to mask the flavor. Alose vera is very healing for the digestive tract. When they tested you did they make sure you had not eaten any red meats///beef, por,k buffalo, etc? also spinach and beets should not be eaten when checing for occult blood.

Keep us posted! Good luck!

Well I found out today that I can do the camera pill on Wednesday. This is after I called the insurance and kept bugging the doctor's office to follow up with my insurance pre-authorization. Then I had to be stern and make sure they got me in this week...I'm pretty sure they think I'm a freak because I called so much. :rolleyes: At any rate, we should know what's going on by the end of the week or early next week and hopefully I can still have surgery on Oct 26.

Angela: Yes, I was sure to avoid those meats, beets and spinach before the fecal occult test. I've heard about the aloe vera juice, I'll have to pick some up. Thanks for the recommendation!

Hi All.... I'll be banded Nov. 8 by Dr. Francis in Fountain Valley, CA. I will be meeting the doctor and doing most of my classes and pre-op stuff the day before since it is such a long drive for me. I was told to do a 1-day clear liquid fast the day before, that is all! Yesterday while driving, I was aware how truly uncomfortable I have become in my own skin, how tight my clothes were and how much I hated catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The realization that I will not be trapped here in this awful place within myself much longer was liberating---I am SOOO ready!! Good luck to all and JDru, please keep us informed about your tests!

Karen