Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Dear FullofGrace,

I am really scared too, especially since my family doesnt fully support this decision (mostly b/c they are scared)...interesting...I have generalized anxiety disorder and I am trying my best to be calm about this, since my surgery date is still about a month away I am not freaking out too bad...yet. I would definitely talk to a doc. about getting meds. if you feel it would help!

Yeah my family isn't on board either...my husband asked friends' of ours this weekend if they'd help take care of our son if I passed away right in front of me! YIKES! I've read a lot of research this operation seems safe and effective .... I'm gonna try to go through with it with confidence and courage...my doc send me an email today (Dr. Curry in Cincinnati) he said find a copy of the song "Don't Worry Be Happy" play it and relax...how cool is that I think I'll read it ever time I get scared!

Welcome Veggestyle... I think we all are nervous and excited at the same time, but soon we will be "old-hands" at this Band-stuff.... I can't wait for that day! Keep posting and remember we are all in this together!

Karen

Hi all,

i am new here and I am getting banded on November 10 by Dr. Javier De La Garza in Monterrey, MX. I am so excited. I weigh 222 lbs now and I want to be 140 lbs. This is my last chance at living.

Alix

What's interesting for me is that I read all of your posts and you're all so excited...and I'm scared and excited, but scared first! I read that someone with anxiety disorder (I have that problem as well) asked for some relaxation medicine, and I'm thinking that might be a good option for me as well.

Any advise, thoughts or words of wisdom are always appreciated.

You're not alone! I'm scared too - surgery is not without risk. But I know the risks of being morbidly obese are even greater.:phanvan

Alix,

I will still be in Monterrey when it is time for your band. Mine is with Dr. Rumbault...we might be at the same hotel...I think it is the Holiday Inn... See you there!

welcome l8bloomr, i feel the same way in my skin,and those dreaded mirrors:mad: can't wait to get the surgery over with and start anew.

Hi Jackye! Only 21 days!!!!!!!! I'm excited...but a bit anxious as well.... Has the doc called yet to get your Hx?

angela did u get my private message? yes the doctor called and got my hx ~ 2 weeks ago

Has anyone started their pre-op diet yet? My doctor requires a liquid diet 2 weeks prior and then 2 weeks post surgery. My surgery is Nov 2nd and i started liquids yesterday. I've done it before but it's so hard the first couple of days!!~!

Denise