Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

The last plateau I had was broken by eating totally different food for a few days and shaking up my system. Don't know why it worked, but I just ate whatever without thinking about it and then could go back to good food and losing.

After losing 75lbs, I have also reached quite a plateu and have remained without losing a single pound for about a month or so. I really needed to reflect on my habits and what i was eating...i thought i was eating healthy, but then I began to use a calorie/fat counter on myfitnesspal.com and really began to see exactly what i was putting in my body. I would really recommend using the website as a guide, since I have began to use it, I have already dropped two pounds! But beware, you can become addicted to the program! : )

Bobbi (aka Mom of Chuy) 11/1/07 Conroe, TX Dr. Collier

:help:Hello my November Brothers and Sisters. I havent been on here in awhile, mostly because I haven't had anything good to report. I was a standstill for a couple of months, and have now actually gained back 18 pounds! I could just die! I know I dont get as much exercise as I need and I am trying to do better. But it seems everytime I get motivated, something happens. First I fell and hyperextended a ligament in my knee a few months ago, which is still causing me a lot of discomfort. Then I had to have some "female" surgery, which put me out of commision for awhile. As far as what I eat, I really do watch it and my portion size. Still have lots of issues with PBs and just simply alot of things I cant eat (which I have always seen as a blessing in disguise). Anyone have any advise, suggestions, comments, anything? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Just got a call from my surgeons office with my surgery date..... November 27th... wow it seems so far away.... I am just happy to have a date will be banded in memphis tn by Dr. M and dr.T

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Here are before and after pictures of my 50 pounds lost. I am sooooooooooooooo Close to ONDERLAND I can taste it. I am trying so hard to really get down to my goal but feel myself shrinking more every month. It is a great feeling to actually fit in the regular size cloths when I go try on cloths now. I love my band and it is the tool that will keep me at a normal weight forever!!!! Lord help me with the holidays but I am determined to keep being a big LOOSER!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone else is having a good experience with their band. Some days are good and some not so good but it is for the long run. Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!

post-212039-1381313564459_thumb.jpg

post-212039-13813135644967_thumb.jpg

To post a picture you go under advanced and it has a paperclip which will bring you to your browse to select out of my pictures on your hard drive. You need to change the size of the picture to small format by going into the picture and under edit it should give you selection to change size because I tried to post regular size yesterday and had to delete it because it was huge. You select the picture and click add and download. You can then click on paper clip again and it will be listed to click on it and it will say attach and when you post your message it should be on the message. Try it out to see if that works. Everyones computer is different but it takes some playing around with. I would love to see your guys before and after since we are all around our one year anniversary. I can't believe it!!!!

You look beautiful, Vikki!! I can't believe the difference in your 50 pound loss!! WOW!! I appreciate you posting this because I have lost "only" 43 pounds and didn't think that was enough to show, but seeing what it has done for you gives me hope!! You look gorgeous!! :clap2:

Thank you L8BloomR I wasn't looking for compliments but they are always appriciated. I didn't really notice that much of a difference either until I came across this picture and put the recent one up next to it! Since a lot of people don't know that I have the band haven't really said much but you look like you have lost some weight. I think besides my butt being a lot smaller now from the weight loss and my jogging my face has really gotten thinner and I feel that it is from the carbs that I do not eat anymore. I didn't just feel super chunky at 250 but felt blowted all the time. You can really see it too. I feel so much better I don't know mean the outside appearence. I am feeling a peace with in myself to not be so consumed by eating all day. I just take in so little now and I am starting to feel at peace with it. Like a load has been lifted off my shoulders. I obsessed every day like beating myself up inside of what I should have not eaten and did. Now I just try to get in what my body needs to be healthy not what I am craving or emotionally want to fill myself up with like fries and a cheeseburger. Is anyone else reaching this point? Don't get me wrong I am still having frustrating days like yesterday I tried to eat some chili for dinner my husband so nicely cooked and it was not going down so I tried to make a Protein Shake and that would not go down. I just was hungry and wanted to fill up that hunger...........but I am not starving to death in any means so times like that I just have to sip my Water and move on to something else besides eating so I did laundry and started to clean the house.