Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

That is great Tom. Let us know what it is like to eat with no fill. If you feel a big difference. If you get that pressure feeling after a couple of bites or if it now takes a lot longer with it empty. I am just curious and can't wait to get to my goal wait. To maintain your goal weight what is usually recommended? To keep it filled or have it taken out? I have had a bad headache for a week now. I also have dropped 3 pounds. I am wondering if I am depriving my body of something and it is reacting as a headache. I am drinking tons of Water so I know I am not dehydrated.

I don't know if maybe it is my sinuses or something else.........why is our bodies such mysteries. Does anyone else out there feel like a detective trying to find clues for answers???????????? Keep us updated Tom so we know how things go. You are doing sooooo GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'll see what happens long-term but I've definitely had MUCH more of an appetite since yesterday morning. I met my son for a late lunch yesterday. He's 19 and eats LOTS so he wanted a buffet, but fortunately doesn't have expensive tastes so we went to Golden Corral. I was well controlled but definitely ate more than I've been eating. Since I've been losing 2-3 pounds per week, that's a good thing! For dinner last night, I had 3 ounces of grilled pork chop and about a cup of grilled veggies. I had NO problem with anything getting stuck or getting it all down. (Lately, I wouldn't have been able to eat all of the pork chop, let alone the veggies.) I had a Slim Fast Breakfast bar and a cup of V8 for Breakfast, about 2 ounces of grilled chicken and 1/2 cup of Pasta in a Tomato based sauce for lunch and for my afternoon "grazing" I had a salad with about 1 cup of salad greens, maybe 1/4 cup of cucumber, 1/4 cup of tomato, some goat cheese (that I made!), some horseradish cheese and about an ounce of grilled pork chop. Prior to the unfill, I haven't been able to eat many vegetables at all, and certainly not a salad.

It's going to be a new learning curve as to how much I can eat to maintain. I feel like I'm pigging out but my son kept asking if that's all I was going to eat. I figure I probably need to almost triple what I was eating just to maintain current weight. (If the 500 calories less a day to lose a pound is correct, I need at 1000-1500 more calories a day than I was eating which was 800-1200 calories.) Based on my weight, I should need about 2000 calories a day base, plus whatever I do to burn calories.

Feeling wise it feels great, especially since I was experiencing quite a bit of restriction before even though I only had 2 cc. I wouldn't be surprised if I do have to get a bit of a fill to control what I eat. I've been hungry off and on today, which almost never happened with the fill. Before, fixing food was often more effort than it was worth so even if hungry, I didn't always eat much because I didn't want to go to the trouble of fixing it. I have leftovers today so fixing was easy. I'll have to make sure I have appropriate things stocked to eat easily. I think I have a bit more energy with eating right but it's so hot that I'm not sure.

I think the reason we have to be such detectives is that we're all so different. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for someone else. The nice thing about here is we can all relate our individual experiences and try different things until we find what works for us.

Tom

One big thing I've noticed since I was unfilled is that my Water consumption has greatly increased. Before, I struggled to get 48 ounces a day in. I did best using the Fruit-2-O flavored waters and recently tried their "enhanced" waters for Immunity, Hydration and Energy (got love Water that has caffiene in it!). Today, I easily have over 64 ounces. I can actually take a nice swig instead of sipping.

And speaking of water, has anyone tried the Special K2O Protein water? I bought a bottle of the Tropical the other day and it's not bad. The other flavor choices are Lemon Twist and Strawberry-Kiwi. I'm not big on fake strawberry flavor so a bit apprehensive about that with fake kiwi but the lemon could be good. They're pricey (I think it was close to $6 for a 4 pack but they had singles for $1.25 so I tried one) but do provide 5 grams of Protein per 16 ounces. There are 50 calories. The Sam's I went to had 12 packs of the Strawberry-Kiwi or Tropical for $12.88 so just over $1 a bottle so LOTS more than just plain water, but you can kill two birds with one stone - get your protein and get your water.

Tom

Hi Karen. Sounds like you've been through the ringer and emerged with your good attitude intact! Congrats! I'm at a plateau but happy with the weight loss to date. I don't believe I've even had a plateau that wasn't followed by a weight gain. This is pretty cool!

Hi November bandsters!!

I've been absent for quite a while, but I 'll try to keep in touch now.

In addition to a manic episode, (after which I plummeted into a severe, depression) ( I'm bi polar) , i also had to have my gall bladder removed!

yikes

anyway that was the bad news

good news is I've lost 63 pounds (I stopped losing weight while I was sick for a month with my gall bladder) ( I stopped eating- turns out it is SO TRUE you HAVE to eat to lose weight!!

If you remember I was banded November 29th so I am still pretty happy with 63 pounds lost!

I had to get rid of 75% of my clothes for being too big to wear!! ( oh darn)

I'm finally under 200, yay!!

I'm even getting my figure back, double yay!!

I hope some of you remember me, so I'll get some replys, I could really use some positive reenforcement from compadres who really under stand!!

congratulations to you tom you always told me the slower the better, but it looks like you are really doing fantastic!! I hope you feel really proud of yourself because you sure should!!

anyway thats all for now

karen

Welcome back, Karen. And congrats on getting through your obstacles. Just remember, what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger! At this rate, by the time our time has come, we should all be WAY too strong to die. :eek:

I'm enjoying salads again. YEAH. Now just to make sure I don't go too far the other way now that I can eat some.

I did get a call from the sleep lab and they have a cancellation for tomorrow evening so I don't have to wait until 7/24. Once they figure out all the settings, a home-health company will get me set up with my CPAP and hopefully, that will take care of the exhaustion issue. Maybe if I can get good restful sleep combined with good nutrition, I'll be all ready for sex-exercise program!

Tom

I'm in the middle of a bout of lupus brought on by my having compressed a couple of disks in my back. When it rains it pours. Ah, it's all temporary. I do miss my exercise program though.... Who ever thought I'd say that! I have fallen in love with Tony Horton's Half Hour DVDs. I've been buying on ebay and they are great! They keep my attention and I can actually do them and get a real workout.

Hey november bandsters!

I don't know if anyone noticed or not not but I've been gone for about 6 months-

I'm bi-polar and I suffered through a 4 month mania and then was sick for a month with my gall bladder, and then plummeted into a month long depression:eek:

I had my lap band dr. do my gall bladder surgery and all went pretty well ( I was still kinda sick for another half a month even after I got it out:mad:

ANYWAY

that was the bad news

I also have some good news!

I've los 63 pounds and I am finally under 200 yay!!!! I thankfully do not look like a ball anymore , I actually have a waist and some decent looking hips!!! Had to get rid of 80% of my clothing as they were way too big to wear anymore!!! DOUBLE yay!!:whoo:

I hope some of you remember me I could really use some positive reenforcement from some compadres who really understand!!

You know it REALLY is true, you HAVE to eat to lose weight, while I was so sick I stopped eating and low and behold I STOPPED losing weight!!:faint:

so that whole gallbladder ordeal was a double bummer!!

thats all for now I hope to hear from some of you!

karen

PS To TOM

WOW I am so impressed and proud of you- you always told me " the slower the better"

but my gosh, you have done soooo well!!! Congratulations to the nth degree!!

also the special K Protein Drinks I purchased at Walmart for 2 for a dollar!! and the tropical punch is hands down the best flavor!!:clap2:

Hey guys--when I posted earlier and asked Brooksie about her fill--I put the initials in front, and when it posted, it came out Page Ranking, instead of the initials--what is up with that? Brooksie--you must have thought I was crazy!! That is just so weird! Hey Karen--congrats on the weight loss! Sorry to hear about your gallbladder troubles, but I understand that it is not uncommon for lapband patients to have gallbladder problems. Glad to hear you are on the mend and back on track. Betsyjane--sorry to hear about your troubles, too. It's always something isn't it? Why can't we just feel good for a while?

Tom, good luck on the sleep test. I still have to wait until August for mine, but I am not wearing my CPAP anyway. I hate it. Good luck on the sex-ercise, too. Maybe with a goat bitch?:)

Tom, what a Hoot! Did you ever in your life imagine that you'd think you were pigging out when others say you're eating so little???? Or having to concentrate on eating 3x as much as you were used to???? You're speaking a foreign language! It's a new day!

PS: Do you sell your goat cheese? I used to milk my Nigerian Dwarfs, but they and I retired......and I miss that good cheese.

Tom, what a Hoot! Did you ever in your life imagine that you'd think you were pigging out when others say you're eating so little???? Or having to concentrate on eating 3x as much as you were used to???? You're speaking a foreign language! It's a new day!

PS: Do you sell your goat cheese? I used to milk my Nigerian Dwarfs, but they and I retired......and I miss that good cheese.

Can't sell the cheese in Ohio unless you're a licensed dairy and creamery. Just use it for myself.

I "cheated" today. A friend and I were out running around and we were hungry. Stopped at CiCi's pizza. Not the greatest pizza but being a buffet you get all you want and the price is good. I had a small salad, had to have a piece of the cheesy garlic bread, and I had 7 pieces of pizza, kind of. I scrapped the toppings off figuring the Protein was in the cheese and meats. I didn't eat any of the crusts (figure since it was a buffet, I wasn't "wasting" pizza). Not the lowest fat food choice in the world but figure it allowed me to have pizza without all of the calories. Now, for the brownie and cinnamon roll, we won't talk about those.

I went back for my CPAP fitting overnight. Finding a mask I like is an exercise in futility. I'm shooting for least objectionable! Anyway, I weighed myself on their scale and despite having no fill since Monday and feeling like I'm eating like a pig, I lost 2 pounds from last week and am 205. I'm afraid to eat too much as the last thing I want to do is get in the mode of gaining, and I seem to eat continuously, but obviously if I'm still losing, I've got to do something. Guess I should have had the 2nd cinnamon roll!

Now to get a bit of sleep in my bed before facing the day. I'm in charge of a goat show this weekend so will be on the run.

Tom

Tom, good luck on the sleep test. I still have to wait until August for mine, but I am not wearing my CPAP anyway. I hate it. Good luck on the sex-ercise, too. Maybe with a goat bitch?:eek:

Well, I "failed" the sleep test which is why I had to go back. The first mask was dreadful. I slept for a couple hours with the next mask but it wasn't overly comfortable. I tried one that felt OK but didn't go back to sleep and every time I moved, it released air so who knows. They gave me the one I slept with and said to order the other one from the medical supply company so I'll have both.

The goat-bitch and sexercise partner do not need to be the same person. Heck, if they're different, I can be doing the sexercise while the goat bitch is taking care of the animals! <G>

Tom

Well, as we all know, the consequences of eating or not eating don't always show up on the scale right away. You may still stabilize your weight with your pigging out.....

Tom, you've got it all planned out don't you? I totally pigged out today, too. Well, it feels like I did, anyway. We went to a potluck and I had one chicken thigh, one rib, and a tiny bit of potato salad. Then I had a couple of tortilla chips with green chili(that I make myself). That doesn't sound like a lot, but it sure felt like a lot! I did manage to find a gym up here in MOntana--my friend's mom is letting me use her 24-hour fitness center, so I am thrilled about that. We went to a barbeque last night at there house, and I had a little too much wine! But it was fun. I am loving being here, and won't want to go home on Saturday! Oh Well!

I FINALLY FOUND YOU GUYS! I guess they moved the board and I couldn't find you! Yippee!

Tom - Wow! Boy to have the trouble of trying to eat more so I don't lose weight, I can't imagine! It must feel great!

Me, well, Ive lost 44 lbs and was banded on 11/29. It looks like thats on par with most of you guys. I feel it is so hard at times tho. This has required more work on my behalf then I originally thought. It really requires will power and closely monitoring what I eat for sure! I read Bob Green's Best Life Diet, anyone out there read it? It is fantastic. I jumped right into phase 2 and just eliminated 6 food groups. I have my whole family doing it. Just definitely a healthier life style. Curious if anyone else has looked into it? It's online too.

weight.png

banded 11/29