Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I hope it went well..

Mine was on monday and I still have a lot of gas,but feel ok.

I have my post op appt. on Tuesday.

I leave for Mx tomorrow/ wll in a few hours. i am so nervous, i cant sleep. I am going alone so the nerves are getting to me. Everyone is making me nervous/ my fam and friends. One of my co-workers cried and told me that she didnt want me to go. should i take that as a sign and dont go?

I want this, and need this fo my health. I gues everyone felt nervous before their surg, right? or is it just me?:nervous

I have not posted for such a long time. I hit a wall the beginning of June, and after losing 1-2 pounds a week things sort of stopped. I have not had a fill since the end of Feb., but was losing a lot of hair so choose to hold off and wait. I have lost 50 pounds since my band last Nov. 30! I am getting ready for a tiny fill to help hurry up these last 10-15 lbs. Such an interesting journey this has been. I have actually bought size 6- 9 jeans! Looking for a nice comfortable spandex "suit" to help with the loose skin - I have improvised using a Spanx high waisted and sewing in a bra top. Will just get another and get out my needle and thread if I don't stumble on anything. Weird to not be able to find support undergarments in my size - they are all too big! Still think of myself as fat and ugly, but that maybe changing?? At 135 now on my favorite scale...That is about 145 on my doctors however...

I think it's cheaper there.

Happy anniversary to me...

Happy anniversary to me....

Happy anniversary dear lap band...

Happy anniversary to us.

And many mooooorrree.

I hope it went well..

Mine was on monday and I still have a lot of gas,but feel ok.

I have my post op appt. on Tuesday.

Jelbel I also had my surgery on monday I had a lot of pain yesterday, but today I has a lot of gas. I am also having a hard time drinking all the Fluid. :faint:I hope you a re okay

Happy banding day too you Bestyjane :clap2:

:help:

I was banded on 11/29/06 so my bandiversary is coming up soon. I have been disappointed with my weight loss so far. Did good for the first 6 months, then it just stopped and had gained back 20. Now back down 5, for a total loss of 25 pounds. Definitely not what I expected. I wonder if I have stretched my stomach/pouch. For a long time I did not have proper restriction I know and was eating @ 8-12 ounces per meal. I have cut back and am now eating @ 6-8 ounces, but that still seems like too much. Yes, I am losing a little again, but just not sure I am where I should be or doing what I should do. I have had some unrelated health issues over the last 6 months, which I think caused depression/anxiety about the weight. I guess what I am trying to ask is....what do you do if you think you have stretched your stomach or band? Is there a diet you can do to get things back the way they should be? Should I just go back to stage 1 with liquids? If so, for how long? I could really use some help here.

Thanks so much.

:help:

I was banded on 11/29/06 so my bandiversary is coming up soon. I have been disappointed with my weight loss so far. Did good for the first 6 months, then it just stopped and had gained back 20. Now back down 5, for a total loss of 25 pounds. Definitely not what I expected. I wonder if I have stretched my stomach/pouch. For a long time I did not have proper restriction I know and was eating @ 8-12 ounces per meal. I have cut back and am now eating @ 6-8 ounces, but that still seems like too much. Yes, I am losing a little again, but just not sure I am where I should be or doing what I should do. I have had some unrelated health issues over the last 6 months, which I think caused depression/anxiety about the weight. I guess what I am trying to ask is....what do you do if you think you have stretched your stomach or band? Is there a diet you can do to get things back the way they should be? Should I just go back to stage 1 with liquids? If so, for how long? I could really use some help here.

Thanks so much.

hellooo everyone I was banded Nov 10th!! and have lost 12lbs already!!! i just have quick question for those of you who have been banded for a while.....did you notice and Hair loss? my mom was banded in June 07 and she is losing hair like crazy....and i have really nice think hair and i dont wanna lose any of it.

It happens...for many people, at around 6 months out. My hair stayed but my nails get weak. In either case, it's only temporary, and your best way to avoid it is to make sure you get your Protein every day! Some people also do a Biotin supplement, but just make sure you get your protein!

Hi,my anniversary is on the 27th, and I've lost about the same, but have only had one fill, and drink and eat anything I want, so in the next year I will be more disciplined.

3 more days to my Anniversary. I can't believe it has already been a year. I am down two pants sizes and feeling good. I am going to get down the last 25 this year and then maintain a normal weight. My advice to you guys that are struggling is to keep a food journal and count calories. It really does help to figure out on paper how much your eating everyday. Your body gets used to it and will platue so you need to boost it up 200 calories for two weeks which seems weird but it will jump start your metabilism. That is what works for me. If you have a proper fill it will be a lot more difficult to over eat as it is more of a pain in the butt and not worth the hassle after awhile. Just don't give up and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys. It is going to be hard to get threw the day when food will be everywhere. Lots of walking this weekend to work off the extra calories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I leave for Mx tomorrow/ wll in a few hours. i am so nervous, i cant sleep. I am going alone so the nerves are getting to me. Everyone is making me nervous/ my fam and friends. One of my co-workers cried and told me that she didnt want me to go. should i take that as a sign and dont go?

I want this, and need this fo my health. I gues everyone felt nervous before their surg, right? or is it just me?:nervous

Selsie-

One of my co-workers proceeded to tell me about a woman who died during surgery having a gastric. He was really scared for me. But, I was sure that, with the research I did, the odds of that happening to a 30 year old with no co-morbidities besides arthritis, was slim to none. The people who are the most afraid tend to be the ones the least informed. You've done the reading and the research.... and you're doing this for your health, which is what counts in the end. If I were going for a hip replacement, I don't think he would have reacted in the same way...... yet that's a pretty risky surgery in terms of bloodloss and outcome.... so be strong, be confident, and do what you feel is the best decision for you!

I went back to Doctor today and had lost 5 lbs in last 6 weeks. Finally a loss instead of a gain. Since the last time I saw him, I went to see the dietician. I was taking in 1000-1200 calories a day, since seeing her I am now eating 800-1000 (most days on the lower end). I am going to start going to the gym this week too, since I have a hard time being consistent with walking due to weather. My husbad has promised to help push me, which I have asked him to do because I need the motivation and hate the gym. But I am going to do this. I got another fill today, .25 cc, which brings me up to 6.50 cc. I feel alot of restriction today of course. Just hoping it lasts. This time of year isnt easy. Really wanting to get back where I was on the loss and make some new ground. Hope everyone else is doing well. I so admire you that were banded last year and have lost 50, 75, 100 lbs and more. You help me to know it IS possible.

Chrissie