Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is A Disgusting Post, Please Only Readif You're Ok With Explicit Fces Talk!

Has anyone had luck with Probiotics? I'm wondering if I should start them before surgery and right after to help alleviate the "liquid in liquid out" phase.

So, I a, 6 months out. I really haven't had an issue with Constipation. I take 6 Metamucil tablets per day, drink and walk. If I a feel a little off, I add Miralax and docusate. So...I haven't really pooped in a few days, no discomfort, just nothing. So I added more veggies, more Fiber and NUTS. Well today I was so uncomfortable ... Felt bloated and abdomen felt swollen. I decided to try magnesium citrate to push it all along. Hours later...nothing. I then tried MOM. Then the agony started, I probably had about 3 in of feces stuck. I couldn't get it out and it wasn't going back in. So what do you do? And I was in pain. I used baby wipes and just kept pulling off small pieces as they came out. But the whole area was just swollen and full. I coud only push a little due to tearing pain, grab what I could...walked around and tried again. This agony went on for 3 hours. I cried, I took Valium...I tried to sleep. I then got a tremendous urge and went back on the bowl. Again, slow and painful chunks could be manually eliminated. Having to touch it do much, I swear I felt the nuts. Finally, I think that I got it all out...about the consistency of modeling clay. I tried to get up and walk around...then I felt such an urge, I went back, sat down and passed the thickes, longest feces of my life. It was over 12" long and at least 6" around. I took a pic for my doc. I weighed myself and was 3 lbs lighter than the morning. I still cannot believe the absolute pain, the feeling of tearing and just being stuck. What a re

Over finally, but what do I do to never, ever get ere again, am thinking no nuts?

I know that this was very graphic, but was so disturbing. I had to share for some support....and hopefully advice.

While reading your post, I'm looking around my house for cameras. :ph34r: Here is why; your experience mimics my experience in February of this year. It was a few days after having surgery to remove the ineffective lap band. I will not repeat my account of events, because you've captured them so well for me! :unsure:

I am now seven days out of revision surgery (sleeve, of course) and I have yet to experience a release. I am desperately afraid of a recurrence of "our" event that I am almost in panic mode at this very moment. I think I will make an appointment for a colonic as quickly as possible because I do not ever want to experience that level of discomfort again in this life time. I begged my husband to "knock me out" because the pain was almost intolerable! :(

I almost logged in earlier to blog about this very same thing...so thank you!

There are many suggestions given and for the most part, when you are experiencing that amount of pain I know from experience that any/all remedies suggested DO NOT offer any relief during that crucial moment. :wacko:

There's a new drug out called Amitiza it's for idiopathic Constipation. I take 24 mcg which is one pill when I notice my bowels slowing down . In 3 hours it will produce an evacuating non-painful bowel movement . It is by prescription only but it works . Your experience sounds horrific hope that never happens to you again .

Been there, it's horrible. I keep a disposable enema in hand for 911 situations. Sometimes you just can't wait for pills to kick in! The enemas have provided relief for me within 10-15 min.

Also, I bet the nuts actually helped. I have almonds included as a regular snack and I swear they help keep me regular. I also add Fiber to my shakes, oatmeal & applesauce to prevent Constipation.

Your graphic description made me giggle too- sorry! Now you can laugh at me:

A couple years ago I had the worst constipation of my life. I went into a pharmacy in the middle of the night asking for advice. The pharmacist showed me lots of pills but I needed immediate relief. Eventually I confessed that it felt like there was a baseball stuck in butt ready to come out. The pharmacist said 'oh, OK!' And gave me the enema.

Sorry to hear you had to go through this! What you had is called an impaction & they can become life-threatening. One of my least liked duties as a nurse was to have to 'dig out' impacted patients (most common in terminal cancer patients).

That said, anything you can do to avoid it is preferable. I use probiotics but with all the low fiber, high Protein & Calcium rich diet, I still have to take Miralax & may have to go using it daily too!

Wow...I cant believe the response to my post! Am not proud, but glad I got people talking. So...no recurrence since that crazy day. I think that it was the Calcium + Iron. Not sure what to do, but I stopped the iron until I see the nutritionist. Lots of Fluid and taking miralax daily. I'll do anything to not have that horror again. I also bought an enema kit to have, though that magnesium citrate really worked well! I have no idea what chia seeds are, but i will investigate...good luck to all!

Wow...I cant believe the response to my post! Am not proud' date=' but glad I got people talking. So...no recurrence since that crazy day. I think that it was the Calcium + Iron. Not sure what to do, but I stopped the Iron until I see the nutritionist. Lots of Fluid and taking miralax daily. I'll do anything to not have that horror again. I also bought an enema kit to have, though that magnesium citrate really worked well! I have no idea what chia seeds are, but i will investigate...good luck to all![/quote']

Try alternating pills. Calcium one day, Iron the next. With chia seeds, fluids & miralax. Eventually you should be able to back off the miralax. Do a search on here for ideas on how to take the chia seeds. ;-)

Everybody poops yall....I even believe there is a book about it! let's just chill...There was totally a disclamer in the title of the subject. I believe it said "This is a disgusting post... If that didn't prepareyou, you have no one to blame but yourself! Anyway, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this Slim! But I guess it's just one of those things! Hopefully it will never happen again and everything will be..er...smooth sailing...

Wow, the thing I'm most surprised about is the fact that you are 6 months out. I had a similar experience a few days after delivering my first child but assumed it was just because of the whole delivery experience. That whole area was so traumatized, nothing worked! I swear that first bowel movement was worse coming out than the baby. Felt like a brick of concrete.

The doctor didn't tell u if your lacking Iron or fiber, there's pills to help break down your food

Everybody poops yall....I even believe there is a book about it! let's just chill...There was totally a disclamer in the title of the subject. I believe it said "This is a disgusting post... If that didn't prepareyou' date=' you have no one to blame but yourself! Anyway, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this Slim! But I guess it's just one of those things! Hopefully it will never happen again and everything will be..er...smooth sailing...[/quote']

Who is getting upset abt this post? I'm confused.....

Not necessarily upset...but a bit dismissive. That's just how it seemed to me...maybe I misinterpreted? Sorry if I did. Most were supportive!

Not necessarily upset...but a bit dismissive. That's just how it seemed to me...maybe I misinterpreted? Sorry if I did. Most were supportive!

I think you may have misinterpreted; at least I hope so! I went back and reread the posts bcs i am very cautious not to be rude. Most people like me answered seriously and then joked around. I don't think anyone sees being constipated as dismissive bcs it can really be painful and lead to serious complications. But, that being said, this is also a fun forum and if we can joke amongst us to lighten the mood, I think that's ok. :-)

I think you may have misinterpreted; at least I hope so! I went back and reread the posts bcs i am very cautious not to be rude. Most people like me answered seriously and then joked around. I don't think anyone sees being constipated as dismissive bcs it can really be painful and lead to serious complications. But, that being said, this is also a fun forum and if we can joke amongst us to lighten the mood, I think that's ok. :-)

I agree! I apologize to any that might have been affronted!

I totally relate. I had terrible Constipation for the first four months after my sleeve. I used enemas, took miralax, and used MOM - had bleeding, pain, misery. Then I switched Vitamins - the old Vitamin had no Iron, the new Vitamin (a surprise!) had Iron. Well, a week later - nothing. Had not gone, serious pain. So I tried everything. And my final resort was the enema, and when I couldn't even get the saline back out past the blockage ended up in the ER. HORRIBLE and humiliating.

Since then I quickly realized about the iron - it is not a possibility for me. And also found that taking a magnesium oxide supplement (I take 800 mg but started at 400 in hopes that would work) and two Fiber gummies daily. For the most part my constipation is totally resolved. Phew.