Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is A Disgusting Post, Please Only Readif You're Ok With Explicit Fces Talk!

Use may also like to try senna tea. It works great. I buy mine at Walmart in the pharmacy section. It is actually called dieter's tea.I only have to drink a small cup of it every day.

I did that a few times wo the sleeve. I don't know what caused it. Be glad it is over. Do yoga or Pilates for the Constipation or get a massage. A massage done for constipation moves it out quick

You're right that was disgusting yet somehow funny as hell. Sorry dude, not laughing at you but at your situation, you have to admit it is a bit comical in a sophomoric kind of way. .

To begin with it's not advisable to keep taking meds one on top of the other in quick succession like that. You're lucky you didn't explode or bust something. A better route probably would of been to give yourself an enema, introducing moisture to the problem area directly probably would of made it a LOT more comfortable. Personal lube on the exit hole will also make it more comfortable too.

Keep up with something like Mirilax My personal working combination is 1/2 cap of Mirilax daily with 2 tablespoons X 2 of chia seeds, one in pudding another in yogurt.

BTW, did you lay a dollar bill next to the log for perspective when you took the picture? :)

I had the same experience and understand everything you went through. My first day back to work was the day following an all nighter such as what you went through. I was a wreck at work. When everything finally was cleared I increased my fluids as best I could to avoid a repeat. So glad you are feeling better.

I had a similar but not nearly as bad experience. In am 8 weeks post op and get dehydrated frequently because of my job. The other day at work I felt like I had to go and I hadn't for 4 days. I was in sooo much pain!! I have never had intestinal cramps like that. I sat in the bathroom for over an hour at work!, I got horribly nauseous and had to call my coworker to bring me my bag because I needed a zofran. The second the zofran was under my tongue I started to throw up. Once I finally passed the rock I had horrible diarrhea. It was really embarrassing and luckily the people I was working with that day are my closer friends at work. I work in a hospital so my" bathroom time" is very limited because I cover an Ed and 3 floors for all emergencies and respiratory issues. It was one of the worst post sleeve experiences I have had. I find the farther out I am the more unpleasant experiences I'm having. Like waking up and dry heaving for 20 mins or randomly throwing up my shake at a gas station on the way to work.

Hey SlimShadee,

Truly -- I feel your pain! I'm not sleeved yet (big day is Dec.3rd!), but Constipation runs in my family, and my sister and I have had incidents very much like your story. Talking about feeling like you got shafted! :)

As Doxieville mentioned, impacted bowels can be very serious and are a big problem in nursing homes where folks just don't get enough liquids or exercise. I would be interested in hearing what your doctor said and what he recommended, if this occurs again. I might mention to you that at the assisted living facility where my Mom lived, the nurse said specifically that Metamucil was NOT good if you didn't get lots of fluids with it -- that it actually became more solid in your intestines, so it then prohibits regularlity. Who would have thought?

Of course, you need to follow the advice of your physician. But some of the things that I do to avoid reocurrences is to be sure to take in plenty of extra Fiber everyday, unless I happen to eat a lot of Beans or have a big bowl of bran Cereal that day. To provide that extra fiber, I keep fiber tablets on hand (I think the ones I use are called Fiber Choice, but all the major stores have their own generic brands that seem to work fine); there are also the Fiber gummies, though I don't know anything about them except that they're fairly tasty. If I have a meal with a lot of white flour, white rice, meat, and/or cheese -- the things that seem to stop me up the most -- I make sure to chew three of those fiber tablets right after the meal. That way, I don't get "stopped up" like you experienced. I should warn you not to overdo the fiber tablets, because they are quite tasty, kind of like eating a Sweet Tart. I ate about 6 of them in one sitting once because they were so tasty and I literally EXPLODED the next morning! :)

My sister, who is an M.D., has warned me repeatedly not to use laxatives or stool softeners on a regular basis, because it is not difficult for your body to start depending on them to the point that you won't be able to go on your own. She said to prevent constipation with regular fiber and Water whenever possible, and check the label of products you use. If the label says "for ocassional use", don't use them regularly!

Thank you for your honesty and graphic-ness, this is just part of life!

Sissy Kay

Ouch! i'm pre op but I went through a similar experience a few years ago. I did a Water fast for a week (terrible idea, I was desperate to lose weight at the time. Obviously I know this was not a good thing to do) anyway I hadn't eaten food in a few days- fasts cause terrible Constipation. I was drinking a laxative tea and all of a sudden I had to go, except it wouldn't come out. Worst constipation in my life. It was definitely a blockage. I was crying, I felt the tearing also it was terrible. After the whole day in the bathroom in agony it finally passed. I understand how painful those things are. So glad your feeling better!

omg, im so sorry..i understand your pain...after my back surgery i had a similar experience and actually bleed after..it was a horrible thing to deal with. glad your better and no longer full of poop :)

When I'm constipated like that I do a full squat. Sitting on the toilet to poop when constipated is absolute torture. Doing a full squat where your knees are up against your chest and your butt near your ankles makes it easier to pass stool. If you were out in the woods you would do a full squat and I don't think the porcelain throne is a natural way to sit while pooping. I have a squatting platform that goes over the toilet, works great especially when you have to take a monster crap

I had this problem last year for no reason. I'm nut yet sleeved. Tried 3 doses of dulcolax, 4 glycerine suppositories with no luck. Then my mother gave me an enema. I sat for an HOUR before it worked...I thought I was dying! I kid you not, a baseball sat in the bowl. My mom called me a baby for crying until she saw it. Never again. If I don't go once a day I freak out. And since I've recently stopped smoking it's worse.

I recommend keeping suppositories on hand, taking fiber everyday and a mild stool softener and the Smooth Move tea really works! Just don't take it at night. The best and funniest advice I ever got from my ex's mother: "Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time..."

Thank you for your post... I am 5 mo post op and like you haven't had any issue with Constipation until the past 3 wks. I could have just about written your post and definitely considered a picture of the 3 lbs "log" I felt I birthed. I was still going everyday but I've had 3 episodes. I am upping Water and trying to up Fiber. But now I haven't been since Sunday which was episode 3.. ( 3 whole days )...VERY UNLIKE ME!

I've added the no sugar fiber gummies.. but dang that is only 5 gr fiber

I've added fiber rich veggies .. greens, Beans

Had a Quest bar ( high fiber)...

Added Miralax daily for last 3 days

Took Magnesium last night.

(now I'm afraid I will explode)

I really don't want this to happen again! And can't for the life of me figure out WHY NOW!? when I didn't have issue for the 1st 5 mo. I tracked on MFP and haven't really change the food intake.

Was sure hoping for magical solution under your post. I will look for some chai seeds.

Thank you for your post... I am 5 mo post op and like you haven't had any issue with Constipation until the past 3 wks. I could have just about written your post and definitely considered a picture of the 3 lbs "log" I felt I birthed. I was still going everyday but I've had 3 episodes. I am upping Water and trying to up fiber. But now I haven't been since Sunday which was episode 3.. ( 3 whole days )...VERY UNLIKE ME!

I've added the no sugar fiber gummies.. but dang that is only 5 gr fiber

I've added fiber rich veggies .. greens' date=' Beans

Had a Quest bar ( high fiber)...

Added miralax daily for last 3 days

Took Magnesium last night.

(now I'm afraid I will explode)

I really don't want this to happen again! And can't for the life of me figure out WHY NOW!? when I didn't have issue for the 1st 5 mo. I tracked on MFP and haven't really change the food intake.

Was sure hoping for magical solution under your post. I will look for some chai seeds.[/quote']

Chia seeds are great! I'm almost 3 months post op and do chia seeds and supplement w miralax when i haven't gone in 24 hours. Good luck!

All our dignity goes out the window when we can't take a decent crap!!! ;-)

Good thread, but I can't get over the imagery of a 3 lb log. I must be twisted to find the humor in it. To OP, laughing with you, not at you of course.