Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would absolutely stay in the hospital. This is MAJOR surgery, and they will be able to monitor you and help you.

I went to work 3 weeks after surgery, but I'm a teacher and on my feet chasing children all day! One week post-op I was okay, just really tired. Remember you'll still only be on fluids at the end of your first week, or at least my diet plan was. Best of luck!!

I stayed in the hospital two nights and went back to work five days after surgery. It was fine. No problem for me.

I don't get too much answers on a lot of my questions..I'm not special or anything..but need help!!

aliasmith

NEWBIE :)

sorry you haven't gotten replies to some of your posts :(

next time you have a question, raise your hand up high, stand on one leg, rub your tummy, chew gum, and smile - someone will notice you ;):lol: :lol:

that should get attention from sleevers world wide ;)

i have heard some people on the board say they had in and out surgery and were fine. - don't be shy, if you are covered by insurance, stay the night

everyone does feel differently post WLS - some people do go back to work very quickly, few days. others home one week, and others...... you get the picture

hopefully you will feel better within the week to go back to work. just take it easy, slowly - if you need to take more time off from work...............

talk to your boss - remind her you had MAJOR surgery, you couldn't predict how much time you needed to recup, hopefully he/she will understand.

don't be pessimistic - you might be fine soon :)one day at a time, right ;)

take care

best of luck with WLS

speedy recovery

aliasmith

NEWBIE :)

sorry you haven't gotten replies to some of your posts :(

next time you have a question' date=' raise your hand up high, stand on one leg, rub your tummy, chew gum, and smile - someone will notice you ;):lol: :lol:

that should get attention from sleevers world wide ;)

i have heard some people on the board say they had in and out surgery and were fine. - don't be shy, if you are covered by insurance, stay the night

everyone does feel differently post WLS - some people do go back to work very quickly, few days. others home one week, and others...... you get the picture

hopefully you will feel better within the week to go back to work. just take it easy, slowly - if you need to take more time off from work...............

talk to your boss - remind her you had MAJOR surgery, you couldn't predict how much time you needed to recup, hopefully he/she will understand.

don't be pessimistic - you might be fine soon :) one day at a time, right ;)

take care

best of luck with WLS

speedy recovery[/quote']

You seems awesome..and sooo helpful!..hahahah..I did sound a bit whiny didn't I?.LOL..thanks again I am over analyzing!

I was outa hospital in a day and a half.bit tired th first week.iwent bk to wrk th second wk.u wont know till you have it done really

I would give it a min of two weeks

Hi! My timeline in a nutshell: DOS 10/11/12. returned to secy. job on Mon. 10/22/12. Fine in am-by 4:00 on way home in tears! Burning pain you briefly get after a big sneeze came, and wouldn't leave! I thought I tore something! Saw my surgeon Tues.he said I was fine, my stomach muscles still need time to heal from laproscopic equipment and I had hiatal hernia repaired, sutures need to dissolve. He told me to stay home this week and go back on Monday 10/29/12. (That should be fun! "Holly, you're back...again?!?!) oh well. Health first! Reputation later! (just kidding-really don't care!)

I don't get too much answers on a lot of my questions..I'm not special or anything..but need help!!..I need a vote..here's the question ..

1) I only have a week off of work..will I be OK?..I have an office job. How did you feel after 1 week?

2). Stay the night at the hospital or go home?

What are your votes ..please help!!

I don't mean to be rude but whether you stay the night in the hospital isn't up to a "vote"... as for the time off of work, everyone is different...

I know you are just asking for opinions-I was supposed to stay in hospital 2 nights. 8 hours after surgery, my surgeon was like "You're doing great! You CAN go home tommorrow." if I wanted to stay the extra day, I could have, but I had so many things attached to me that going to the restroom was an ordeal and I barely slept! Went home the following late afternoon. Car ride was uncomfortable - movement makes gas loose, but then it comes out so you feel a relief, too. Getting enough Protein on first 2-3 days was rough but by one week it wasnt a problem. Tried to go back to work dat 11 post-op--too soon. I'm back home resting for this week and I'll try again next Monday! Good luck,you'll be fine!

I had surgery on Monday and was back to work on Friday. As others have mentioned everyone is different but I would have gone crazy if I stayed home any longer. Of course, I have an office job and don't really ever lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk!

I would opt for staying overnight in the hospital.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

I had my surgery on a Friday and was back at work Tuesday. Everyone is different. Main thing is to listen to your body!

I don't get too much answers on a lot of my questions..I'm not special or anything..but need help!!..I need a vote..here's the question ..

1) I only have a week off of work..will I be OK?..I have an office job. How did you feel after 1 week?

2). Stay the night at the hospital or go home?

What are your votes ..please help!!

I could have gone back after a week. I had surgery on Monday Amanda felt greatbyFriday

This is a serious surgery, I do not think it should be done outpatient! Stay your one night in the hospital, at least it will give you peace of mind.

Not to frighten you, but this is major surgery, and there is a possibility for complications afterwards. I had inflammation in my sleeve, immediately following surgery, and ended up being in the hospital for 6 days. While most don't have problems, you should plan to have enough time to allow or them, just in case. (I had no comorbidities going in....no reason to think I would have problems....they just happen.)

I wish you the best of luck!

Laura