Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope so too! I can totally understand this is my first surgery and its terrifying. However it's something I need to do! The same with you! At least your taking some route to weight loss and that's what matters!

From what I've been hearing, Lapland is a terrible idea. I don't see why they still offer it. If you're gonna do it, go all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I cant believe the negativity. You too were once fat. At least I am taking steps to change that. Yeah I will loose it slower but I sure as hell feel better knowing lapband can be undone. I will still have my whole stomach so in the event of an emergency I am not totally f***ed! It is my body. I can make what ever decisions on my own. The negativity actually makes me want this even more. See you on the losers side!

I cant believe the negativity. You too were once fat. At least I am taking steps to change that. Yeah I will loose it slower but I sure as hell feel better knowing lapband can be undone. I will still have my whole stomach so in the event of an emergency I am not totally f***ed! It is my body. I can make what ever decisions on my own. The negativity actually makes me want this even more. See you on the losers side!

We all wish you the best. I still think it's a good idea to gain some insight from the folks who got revisions. They have a lot of good info to give on symptoms of complications of the lapband and such. Only you know what's best for you right now, so good luck!

I hope the band works for you. Statistically speaking, people that need to lose 30-40 lbs the band may work for you. Just do your part and go in for your check-ups on a very regular basis.

Just keep in mind, the hunger will still be there and you may not be satisfied, EVER. A very dear friend described it to me as "literally starving all the time and there is nothing she can do about it." Hopefully, this will not be your case. She scheduled to have it removed because she was sick and tired of being sick and tired. :(

She lost a total of 36 pounds, gained 24 back (12 lost total) and goes in for removal in November.

Wishing you the best!

I'm confused, what does being fat or not fat have to with someone's opinion? -__-

I'm pretty sure everyone was just expressing their opinion.

I didn't think it was negative. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Good luck with the band dude!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Interesting thread ...

I'm scheduled for a band to sleeve conversion. I'm worried about dealing with complications, but I hope for the best. Hubby is terrified of the whole idea.

Just know that with the band you are guaranteed to need another surgery to either remove it or replace it. I wish I had known that before as I wouldn't have done it.

My surgeon does not even suggest lap band anymore. He said he takes out way more than he puts in. I hope that you are successful with it! That is all that matters! Good luck!

The band does work for some people. Stay positive and follow your doctors instructions. The band did not work for me and I am getting the sleeve but that does not mean it can't work for you!!!! Best of luck to you.

I had the band also and it wasn't for me. I'm getting sleeved October 31st. I wish you the best of luck. Hope it works out for you :)

I hope all goes well for you. You are the only one that can make this decision for you. My only concern would be, if you thought you were getting the sleeve, was most of your research and interaction with other patients just about the sleeve, or have you been researching them both? I know I have learned a lot from the people on here who have had the surgery done. It just seems like a fast turn around from deciding one to having the other. Just want to make sure you've already talked to some people that have had it done. I know some people have been on both forums trying to decide what is best for them.

Personally, the reservoir kinda creeps me out a bit, so I couldn't get myself to look into the lap band. It's a hard lump in the abdomen, and I knew I just couldn't do it, so I never looked at getting it. (I'm an ultrasound tech, and sometimes they get in the way when we are scanning. That is the only reason I have felt / seen them). Also, one of the patients I had told me she did really well the first year when the fills were covered for free, but could not afford them after as they were 250.00 per fill. Like I said, I never researched it myself, just the things I have heard from patients.

I wish you all the best in your venture. I will be sending healthy, healing thoughts your way for your surgery. Have a great day!