Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did Anyones Surgery Effect Your Menstrul Cycle?

I just am curious.

yes, mine was due the 23rd or 24th of sept and i still haven't had one.

I was finishing up day of surgery and it started back up very heavy the day after surgery, because of the blood thinners, mine was super crazy before surgery, i am finally getting back to it being semi regular

I put my Nuvaring in a week early so I wouldn't have a period during my first few weeks of recovery (it was due 3 days before my surgery). Two days after my procedure I got it anyway, even with the NuvaRing in. It was heavy @ lasted the full 7 days. I read somewhere that the stress of the procedure and the anesthesia can bring it on. Don't know about missing it though.

I just am curious.

Obviously not from my own experience, but, rapid weight loss will have an effect on this due to all of the estrogen that has been stored in the fat cells being dumped into your bloodstream as the fat goes away.

Mine came on time for once!

Not until recently, I had one 8/21 then 9/7...but then it hit like clockwork on 10/5 - the "new" schedule. So at a little after 8 months out - but I am also coming up on my 39th birthday so that could have something to do with it too. I was always very regular, with the exception of several years ago, when I was at my very heaviest.

When was your surgery

23rd of August

I have not had one since July. I had surgery Aug 6 and have not had a period. Pregnancy test is negative so I am not sure what is going on with my body.

I've only had one since surgery but it was 7 days late (my TOM ran like clockwork every 28 days exactly pre op) and then I had HORRIBLE cramps for 5 days before I actually started. Then, the day it stopped I started getting hot flashes! LOL had the hot flashes for 2 days and now I'm back to 'normal' me again hahaha I'm definitely not in menopause and my doctor said that all the weirdness is a direct result of all the estrogen that is getting dumped into my system as I burn fat. This too shall pass... eventually. LOL

I had surgery 8/20 and my curse was due 8/27, came a few days late. No biggie. My second post op period took 44 days to come. My surgeon said this is normal. Not worried about it. More irritated since my curse was fairly predictable pre-op.

The only reason I was on time (every 28 days) pre-op was because of being on birth control pills, otherwise I was very irregular, always have been. I had surgery 10/2, stopped taking the pill 1 day before surgery, and haven't had my period since surgery. I fully expected it to be irregular though due to all the changes going on with my body. I know I'm not pregnant, so as long as I know that, I'm good with not having my period! lol

I have been on the pill and before surgery my period wouldn't start until the fourth day of my sugar pills and have a heavy flow for seven days. Now after surgery my period comes the first day of sugar pills and It's five days with only one heavy day.