Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I CANT DO ANOTHER shake, IVE BEEN ILL SINCE YESTERDAY. I BOUGHT A NEW shake AND IT ALSO MADE ME ILL. whey PROTIEN DOES NOT AGREE WITH ME AT ALL. FOR THE FIRST TIME I FELT THAT FEELING OF THROWING UP NORMALLY I GET THE RUNS (SORRY TMI).

ANYONE ELSE GOING THROUGH THIS. IM GOING TO ASK MY NUT IF I COULD EAT A Protein BAR INSTEAD. ALSO I ATE A HARD BOILED EGG AND IT WAS SO NASTY I USE TO LIKE THEM BUT NOW YUK. AND EVERYTHING SMELLS AND TASTE SPOILED TO ME. GROSSS.

I CANT DO ANOTHER SHAKE' date=' IVE BEEN ILL SINCE YESTERDAY. I BOUGHT A NEW shake AND IT ALSO MADE ME ILL. whey PROTIEN DOES NOT AGREE WITH ME AT ALL. FOR THE FIRST TIME I FELT THAT FEELING OF THROWING UP NORMALLY I GET THE RUNS (SORRY TMI).

ANYONE ELSE GOING THROUGH THIS. IM GOING TO ASK MY NUT IF I COULD EAT A Protein BAR INSTEAD. ALSO I ATE A HARD BOILED EGG AND IT WAS SO NASTY I USE TO LIKE THEM BUT NOW YUK. AND EVERYTHING SMELLS AND TASTE SPOILED TO ME. GROSSS.[/quote']

I definitely know what you mean! When your body starts burning fat, it goes into a state of Ketosis. Everything tastes bad, metallic even. It's been hard for me to find anything I enjoy eating.

This will pass as the new you emerges. Keep on pressing and trying new combinations of allowable foods.

Me too! I keep trying different foods, but nothing tastes right or sits well in my stomach. It's a bite of this and a sip of that all day long. One or two bites or sips and I feel full. I feel like I end up throwing out most of it (the food) because I don't want to go back to it and finish later. I'll be glad when this isn't such a chore! I still feel like food has control of my life, just in a different way.

It does get better, and soon. I'm 7 weeks out. I still can only eat small amounts, but i'm less picky now than I was the first 5 weeks.

It IS a learning process and once you figure it out you won't be ruled by food anymore. Right now your bodies are trying to figure out WTH happened. :-)

How many weeks out are you?

IM 3 WEEKS OUT. I TRIED TO EAT REFRIED Beans AND cheese YUK DIDNT ENJOY THAT EITHER. WHAT DO I DO I CANT DRINK ANOTHER shake I JUST CANT. HELPPPPPPPPPP

IM 3 WEEKS OUT. I TRIED TO EAT REFRIED Beans AND cheese YUK DIDNT ENJOY THAT EITHER. WHAT DO I DO I CANT DRINK ANOTHER shake I JUST CANT. HELPPPPPPPPPP

I started with cottage cheese just to bites then tries half a scrambled egg with cheese then a couple bites of crab meat not supposed to have moist foods till Tuesday but could stomach all the sweet shakes so i am introducing on thing a day to see how my new stomach reacts so far so good but eggs give me gas

Yolo

my eggs taste spoiled and they are not at all. so i dont want anymore eggs. im going to the store later and get me some oysters and fish. the chicken even taste spoiled to me. hopefully seafood will taste better. oh i like my tuna but the mayo yuk i never liked that so i will get some nonfat plain yogart for my tuna.

Is this new change in taste. Did these things taste ok last week...or have you just started to eat solids? Just curious, since I have another 5 days of clears, a week of full and then 2 weeks of puree/soft before I try to eat regular food. Did you have trouble with Water or fluids right after sleeving? Will be writing down suggestions for sure, if this happens to me, come time. Hope it gets better for you.

Just Do It!!!

I'm 5 weeks out. I've tried several brands and flavors of Protein Shakes, made my own and even the ones I used to really like make me gag now. I'm trying to get all of my Protein from real food, but it's a slow process. It takes such a long time to eat anything (meals take an hour or two). Having to wait between meals and drinking fluids means that I have days without enough of one or the other. It's certainly better than it was in the beginning, but my body and brain are weak. Can't wait until I can take in more nutrients. No way that I'm taking in empty calories! Need fuel!

newgrandmother...I think we both had surgery the same day (9/10) and I am also struggling. Nothing tastes good, the only thing that I enjoy is applesauce and yogurt and I can't survive on that. I am sick of the shakes, so I am trying to take a few days break from those.

I ordered some Protein Bars online from Bariatric Advantage, I tried them at my doctors office and thought they were good. I know that isn't a long term solution, but I know if I can get through the next few months things will get easier.

Hang in there!

ndn the eggs didnt taste good at first than i tried them again scrambled. so i decided the hard boiled and gross the texture and the taste. 0-3 Clear Liquids

4-10 days full liquids 10-30 soft foods after 30 days i can eat anything that i can handle. i ususally get it all in but today i just couldnt because of the sick feeling all day.

eat i had my surgery 9/12 and im thinking bars also i have to check with my nut.