Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Don't Know Her Story, So Give Her A Chance....

Ok, so we all have been there (women. maybe some men) your at work and the new girl/guy walks in and well, she's/he's beautiful/good looking. I don't know about the rest of you but I can appreciate a beautiful/handsome women/man and not be jealous (confident in me). However, what happens when the attractive newbe, is you? I'll tell you what happens, women hate you at first glance, men can't do enough for you. And don't even bother complaining about the unfair treatment by the women because your boss may tell you, "not that this is an excuse, but your are very pretty." Trust me when I say this, this s$!& sucks. I'm so may other things other then pretty. More then attractive, I'm intelligent, I'm caring and would do anything for you and I am the nicest pretty girl you've ever meet, because being fat makes you that way. You end up trying harder to make people like you to get them to see through the weight. Honestly, I am so glad I was fat. It has made me a

post-68337-13838396267626_thumb.png

[ATTACH]5440[/ATTACH]

wonderfully rounded, (pun intended) internally beautiful person that is only now visible externally. So be nice to the newbe, it maybe you one day.

post-35445-13813660359276_thumb.png

post-35445-13813660359712_thumb.png

You look fantastic! I don't know what to say to help you cope with your coworkers, but I liked your post. :)

Interesting viewpoint. As an obese woman I have also been judged (lazy, obviously abused as a child, self-hater,etc.) and not considered "professional" enough for promotion. It doesn't matter if we're young, old, fat, thin, ugly, pretty.... other people are going to be cruel and petty. Not all, but always some.

So yes, I agree with you - being a fat woman is/was the best thing for my personal growth. It has shaped who I am and has given me, hopefully, empathy for all of my fellow humans.

I am in the same boat. I tried hard to be nice so people would like me when I was big, and now that I've lost so much weight I've noticed people treat me very differently. Men especially will fall over themselves just because I smiled at them and asked a question - the same exact question and way I would have before.

I know it's hard and like they said above haters are going to hate. Continue being yourself and forget about them. They are obviously insecure in themselves. Sad to say, we don't go to work to make friends. We go to earn money to pay bills and live our lives. It's nice if you meet some nice folks along the way, but you know who your true friends are and who has your back. Not these folks.

I had a number of co workers be outwardly mean to mean. They would call me rich girl and they thought I was a snob and thought I was better than them. Instead of getting upset, I always smiled and moved on. I was always pleasant and kill them with kindness. I knew it drove them nuts! Because I never gave them the power to control my feelings. Misery loves company and they wanted me to feel bad too! I would just smile and keep on moving. Eventually they came around and realized I was truly a nice person. Now, I'm not saying we became the best of friends, but work was tolerable. I found out many years later that they all had major issues in their home lives and it's why they were who they were. I was never mean to them and I guess in their own way appreciated that because now when I see them I'm greeted with warm smiles.

You're right, you never know anyone's story. Keep doing what you have to do and kill them with kindness. It'll drive them crazy! ;)

Ironic, don't you think! I was passed over for a promotion because of how I looked (but II doubt they would ever admit it). It's also painful to know discrimination first hand.

I've been told I am pretty, I was a model when I was a teen, and when I was thin I never had those problems at work. I noticed; however, that you cannot be too nice, or everyone will try to walk over you.

I guess it depends on your support group. I have known my wife since we were 18. We married at 30 and are now 57. So we have seen a wide range of body transition in each of us over near 40 years. When attended mandatory pre op support groups most of the younger girls were stressed about friends acting differently because they were no longer the big one or she was no longer looking to spend Friday night with a pizza. The older women would just say to get new friends. Guy's biggest issue was needing to cut beard for CPAP machine. Weight does not affect how we relate. We see Denzel and Clooney in the mirror Every morning

Get off this board immediately!! Hehe

You are gorgeoussss!!!

I'm sorry about your coworkers, I pray they will change their ways once they get to know you.

For now just kill them with kindness!!! :)

Albany, now when I read your post I hear sexy Denzels voice!!!

Love your post, guys are so chill, very good trait!

Seriously?

I'm on the phone app..

Can you tell us your surgery date and starting/ending weight!

You've done really good!! :)