Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

So yesterday, I felt that I was filled perfectly, maybe a little loose. THEN, I tried to eat dinner, and realized that part of the 1/2 apple (the skin?) was still stuck from lunch. I gagged, slimed for ages, drank Water, went to sleep, got up, and it feels like it's still there! Have had nothing but yogurt, popsicles and water today - how long is this thing going to SIT there, and what else can I do to get rid of it? I even tried drinking some Diet Pepsi to see if the carbonation would dislodge it - funny how BAD that tastes when you haven't had it for three months, and I used to be addicted! Anyway, how to I get rid of this stinking apple peel? It was nice to lose two pounds, but that's not the way that I want to do it!!!!

Eileen /Chicago

Uggh! That sounds terrible. I've been afraid to eat fruits like apples and pears since my second fill. It's a weird one because sometimes I can handle chicken, etc, and sometimes I can't.

I don't have an answer unfortunately. I've never had something stuck for that long. Hope you feel better soon.

I get my second fill on Election day. I'm looking forward to it because I don't feel a whole lot of restriction on my first one anymore. I'm sorry about the apple peel. Thanks for telling us though because i love eating apples and now I think I'll peel them before trying to eat another one. Sorry you're going through that though.

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I posted and just wanted to give you guys an update. My first fill was 1cc and I was tight but it got losser towards the later part of the week. I had my second fill of .5 and was so tight that I had to get a unfill. I have days where I can eat and then days where i can not keep anything down. Is anyone experiencing anything like this after such a small fill amount? Oh I am down 38lbs in total!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting my 2nd fill on Thursday. I totally agree about feeling sort of like a loser when you need another fill. Why!? That is so ridiculous, I know, but I feel the same way. It is crazy how quickly restriction just slipped away. One week I was perfect, eating about 1/3 of what I used to and losing steadily with no 'off limits' foods. Then it seems like overnight I was able to eat and eat and eat. My husband has been getting a little spooked saying 'is this thing gonna work?' 'do you have a leak or something?'. I don't know how to put his fears to rest other than to say it is a flexible band on a flexible organ and things can shift and change and that is to be expected. Anybody else have any pointers on howto explain it?

Confession: Since I've lost a lot of restriction I've been drinking with meals. Not to excess, but certainly breaking a rule. I just don't feel restricted when I eat and I'm thirsty so I go for it. I know, I'm bad.

When I went to see my surgeon a month after my first fill (which was a month after my surgery), he said that he expected to see me a lot sooner. When I asked why, he said, "Do you need a smaller belt?" Then he explained that if my stoach was shrinking, the band had to be getting bigger. Since I have lost 50 pounds and 8 inches in my waist, he had expected a LOT more fills. So I felt a lot better about going for my second fill!

Eileen

243/186/155

Have to put on a bathing suit in two months!

Well, the apple peel seems to have gone. Yesterday, I went to the health food store and bought fresh papaya and pineapple, and a "ginger tonic", which were all supposed to aid digestion. I ate those, yogurt and lots of Water yesterday. I was actually two pounds lighter than Thursday when I got on the scale, but it's probably water weight. Anyway, when I ate a pear today, I did NOT eat the peel!!!

Eileen

I am so aggravated, I went to get my 2nd fill on Friday. My dd has been home sick since last Sunday and dh had to take the morning off of work to staywith her while I drove up for the fill. I live over an hour away from the office, and I had to be there between 7:30 and 8:30am. I got there at 8:02, at 9:50, I left without getting my fill because there was till a wait of at least 20 minutes and I had to home by 11:00.

I am pissed that I waited 2 hours and wasted a total of 5 getting up early and driving for nothing. Now I have to go back on November 24, because he's not doing any fills until then. UGH!!

I'll be going for another fill very soon, hopefully some time next week. I need to call & schedule, I keep forgetting to do that. I can tell I have more restriction than after my first fill, but I can also tell it still isn't enough.

On a happy,happy,joy,joy, note-I have an NSV. I was an hour early to work today.(darn time change, screws me up every time) Since I had some time to kill, I went into the nearby Avenue store. I figured I'd try on a pair of 20s just for fun. I wanted to see how close I was to being able to zip them. I could zip them, I could even zip (and button) the SIZE 18s that I tried on next! Of course I still had a "muffin top" but hey the important thing is that I actually had a pair of 18s on my body and I could still breathe, sit down and walk normally. WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

I am so aggravated, I went to get my 2nd fill on Friday. My dd has been home sick since last Sunday and dh had to take the morning off of work to staywith her while I drove up for the fill. I live over an hour away from the office, and I had to be there between 7:30 and 8:30am. I got there at 8:02, at 9:50, I left without getting my fill because there was till a wait of at least 20 minutes and I had to home by 11:00.

I am pissed that I waited 2 hours and wasted a total of 5 getting up early and driving for nothing. Now I have to go back on November 24, because he's not doing any fills until then. UGH!!

Dr. Nusbaum gets incredibly busy during fills. I was told to just plan on spending the day if needed. I know it sucks. I have to get up at 5 am to get there on time. I live an hour and forty minutes away from the office.

Hi, I was banded on 7th August and am new to the site. I have been amazed and encouraged by how much weight you all have lost. Well done. I have had 2 fills now and have lost 30lbs - 14kgs (I'm from Australia). My weight loss seems quite slow compared to many of the ABC'ers. Anyway just wanted to say hi and become part of the August Bandsters Club, certainly is very inspiring and encouraging reading the posts on this site.

Hi Boomba, welcome aboard! Thirty lbs is great! I was banded on the 21st of Aug and have only lost 9 lbs. I'm going in for my 2nd fill on Wed, so I hope I will have some restriction and start to lose like everyone else. I feel great and on Sunday I tried a dress on for the first time and 2 of them just hung on me.I was really excited. I guess I loss some inches. Anyway, glad your with us Boomba.

Diane

Welcome to ABC...you must know by now that everyone loses at different rates. If you have hit menapause like I have we lose much slower. I'm riddled with arthritis and pounding the treadmill is not an option for me. We will lose.......just ONE day at a time....together we will do it.

Judy

Banded aug7,2006

Br. Fielding NYU NYC

Welcome Boomba sounds like your doing good Keep up the good work and remember everyone loses differently

Guys,

I am having a VERY rough time lately. I am only eating small amounts, and exercising. BUT since the 2nd fill I have gained 3 pounds. I am very very discouraged. I exercise at least 30 mins everyday and try to get 300-400 calories per meal. Anyone else having this problem???

I need a hug..... :crutch:

Hey everyone, sounds like we all have a bit of trouble with our 2nd fill. I have a hard time keeping any meat down, I've had plenty of BP's in the last week since my 2nd fill. I am bad and don't count my calories or weigh my food. I know I eat about 1/4 of what I used to, so that's a miracle in itself, for me. I was banded 8/28 and have lost 16 lbs. and I have lost a lot of inches, mainly in my butt and legs, which is good. I don't get much continuous exercise but I also don't sit around. The one thing I hate is getting food stuck, it hurts and I have to get rid of it immediately. I wonder how long that will last?? It's really hard to get in 65 grams of Protein when I can't keep it down. What do you all eat??