Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I call these times when you have an inner child that comes to the forefront due to being mentally, emotionally or physically exhausted. You also have an inner parent who is usually in charge. When I want to cheat it is like a kid wanting to do whatever she wants to do and damn the consequences, or whine and complain about anything and everything. My adult self has to get my kid self in line. ...wow....now that I type that out I sound like a nut case. :unsure:

Bipolar disorder. Fear not as I have severe depression on 5 of the six kinds of depression. So in reality I am either sane or insane just like Albert Einstein. The more you know the lower you go.

I have failed numourous times hahaha. I must be a sick individual. And yes Bipolar was marked severe on me lol. Do I take drugs? Hell no I dont want to be a zombie and eat peoples faces off. Thats just not up to my standards. I am above that...tsk tsk.

I KNOW THIS WAS MY CHOICE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THIS **** IS FOR THE BIRDS I WAS SLEEVED SEPT 24TH I AM WEAK I FEEL LIKE **** I CAN BARELY GET Water OR ANY TYPE OF liquids DOWN WITHOUT MY STOMACH FEELING LIKE I BEEN KICKED IN IT I TRIED SOME pureed food LIKE MY DOC SUGGESTED AND GUESS WHAT THE SAME FEELING LIKE SOMEBODY KICKED ME WHEN IT GOES DOWN WTF AM I NOT SUPPOSE TO EAT ANYTHING THIS FEELING SUCKS THEN I HAVE TO KEEP SIPPING SIP SIP SIP IM TIRED OF f**king SIPPING IM THIRSTY I WANT TO DRINK AND EVEN WHEN I SIP ON THE WATER HITS MY STOMACH IT HURTS SO NEEDLESS TO SAY EATING AND DRINKING ARE LIKE A CHORE I WAS HAPPY FAT I ATE WHAT I WANTED WHEN I WANTED AND DRANK HOW MUCH I WANTED WITHOUT THE PAIN JUST A SIP OF WATER HURTS A SIP OF juice HURTS MAKES AN UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING IN MY STOMACH TO THE POINT WHERE I SAY f**k IT AND DON'T EAT OR DRINK AGAIN IM MISERABLE I WANT A f**king PEPSI AND A CORNEDBEEF SANDWICH AND I WANT TO EAT IT WITHOUT MY STOMACH FEELING LIKE SOMEBODY KICKED MY ASS.......IM SORRY THIS RANT IS AWFUL BUT DAMN MAN I FEEL AWFUL :angry:

Honey, you need to take 2 Benadryl and have a nap.

ok you are only 1 week out you are still swollen trust me it will get better i felt something like that my first week the sipping sucks man i was thirsty now i am 3 weeks out and can take gulps yayyyyyyy. and trust me it will happen for you i promise. i think all of us go through this at some point shoot i want to eat pizza and other crap but thats what got me this size, really. there is no turning back so just ride it out it will get better i promise. you can come over to our support group for september folks its a great forum. its september sleevers roll call. come on over.

i completely understand your frustration but honey you will have to get over it and embrass the change that is coming. give it some time if after 2 weeks you still have that problem than worry bur right now sweetie you are a week out you are still healing inside and out.

Ok, first off - Deep breath! You had a major surgery and are going through some major changes right now, it's a hard process. Week 2 I was still using my pain medications some. Do you still have any left? Are you cleared to take liquid Tylenol? If so - make sure you are taking it every 6 hours or so to keep the pain away, sometimes you need to try to treat pain early before it gets to severe. When I'm working with patients I encourage them to not wait until they absolutely need their pain medication to take it, but to try and take it at regular intervals so that they aren't getting a large amount of rebound pain. Then, when you have it under control you can slowly start to taper down as your body is ready. If you have not been cleared for liquid Tylenol or your doctor has not prescribed a liquid pain reliever, call them! If you are having a ton of pain, they need to know about it.

Second - You are a week or a little over a week out. You are gonna have pain, you are gonna have to move slow, drinking is gonna be difficult. If at any point you are not getting at least half of your daily fluids down you need to let your doctor know. Dehydration is a big issue with this surgery early on and you don't wanna have to be rehospitalized. It is so frustrating to have to sip sip sip, I know! It drove me crazy some days. But it does get better. I know everyone says that and while it's going on it sure as heck doesn't feel like that, but it does. You will be able to drink regularly or near regularly again in a few months. Your stomach is swollen right now. This is a gross example, but the only one I can think of. Think of a pipe in your sink that is getting clogged, it lets less and less Water through - when your body is healing you have Fluid and different factors in your body that are creating your esophagus to swell, creating this narrow opening. You just cannot force more down than there's room for.

Get some rest and call your doctor if it worsens or continues. Try and remind yourself why you did this - bring out the before pictures, take your current measurements. Write a bunch of ranting journals in your blog (This really helps me =p), treat yourself to a movie on demand, suck on some ice chips instead of trying water, get moving around - getting your blood moving is a big factor in prevent blood clots and promoting healing, get enough rest, if you can't sleep, take some benadryl liquid. Hang in there, it WILL get better.

well I see part way through the postings you had reposted you feel better. I was going to tell you I understand, I am waiting for

surgery and already mentally preparing myself as best I can for what might occur. Not everyone heals as quickly or as painlessly. When I

read your screaming frustration it reminded me of when we give birth. Of course its worth it and joyful at the end...but there are a few moments there sometimes during labor when you wonder what they heck you were thinking when you signed on for this....I look forward to

reading and celebrating your progress!

I promise you it will get better. I remember crying at your point thinking I will never be able to eat pizza again! Lol well guess what im 7 1/2 mnths out and I can eat 1 slice of pizza. I remeber how it hurt to drink at first and u were soo thirsty. It gets better, it doesnt hurt anymore and I can drink more than little sips. There is hope for ur future. :) I prayed alot in the beginning.

I had and still have a difficult time getting liquids in unless it is icy cold. I chewed on ice and SF popsicles like nobody's business (two boxes in a week). Even room temp Water makes my tummy feel like it's twisting.

I have to agree that it will get better. I think everyone (or most everyone) has issues with sipping and getting any volume down the first couple weeks. But what everyone is saying is true. I was sleeved on 8/13 and felt the same way, but once the lbs start coming off and you can fit in clothes you haven't even looked at in years, it is all worth it. Just know that it is major surgery, even though it may not feel like it, and you have to give yourself time to recover. Be patient with your body and vent here, we all know what it is like. I have found lots of books that really help, it may get your mind off the surgery too. Good luck!

I can tell it's tough for you. I'm sorry you are going through this difficult stage, but I believe that if you just hold on it will get better. I will say a prayer for you! Best of luck!

i did not start feeling better until i took some pepcid. when i was released the nurse told me not to take the pepcid or an acid reducer. i struggled for five days only being able to drink one bottle of Water a day. i called my Doc and he suggested that I take two acid reducers a day. i did and almost immediately felt better and was able to get more liquid down. i was sleeved on 9/17, and i feel almost normal...still on liquids, get to move onto pureed food next week. hang in there.

I was sleeved 9/18, Had no complications. I was ordered by my doctor to take pepcid, gas x, urisodol ( for gallbladder ) Calcium and multi Vitamin. In addtion i was sent home with percocet, and once i was off percocet, i was able to take tylenol.

The day after surgery i was on pureed foods ( stage 2 ).

I would deffinitely ask my doctor about the above meds. it makes the process so much easier.

I find myself a bit afraid of the possible post-op complications. I'm nervous about my upcoming surgery. But I am still going to go through with the surgery - and I will overcome my fears by acknowledging them. I've watched relatives suffer from obesity. I'm watching my elderly mother struggle with a very difficult old age due to a lifetime of obesity. When I see what she is suffering through, I am able to work through the fear. I will probably be fearful until the anesthesia enters my body and I might wake up in recovery fearing pain. But reading forum posts about others' experiences will help get me through those fears. I wish everyone in this forum success.

I feel ya girl...I went to Mexico so there was no pre-op pysch counseling to prepare me for the emotional side of this journey but the first 2 weeks are the worst. If food was an emotional comfort then be prepared for some possible depression etc..as you have to learn to cope without your 'feel-good' friend by your side. The thing that is gong to snap you out of your funk is when you start seeing the results! Down 32 lbs in 5 weeks makes me want to yell, 'SCREW YOU CHEESEBURGERS HAHAHA' and it feels great when I put on my clothes now. Hang in there....I bet looking back in a year you will have NO REGRETS! God bless you in your journey

It isn't easy, but hang in there. Some people have very strong emotional (and physical) reactions to this surgery. do talk to your surgeon, but also realize that this too will pass.

I think that the "head" part of this surgery is often underestimated. I hosted Christmas brunch 2 weeks post op. I had a hot chocolate Protein drink while everyone else enjoyed the feast. Luckily, I wasn't hungry, but it was a little sad feeling. I have had that sad feeling a few times post op, but let me tell you, the joy I have experienced from being 100+ pounds thinner has more then made up for it.

I was prepared for the emotional drama post op, but now 9 months, almost 10 months out, I am started to freak out about keeping the weight off. sigh. I am doing good, but the memories of so many failures (regain) from my past haunt me.