Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, sixties! I thought I would take a few minutes to update. I was sleeved Aug 23, 2013. I have lost 58 pounds and I'm feeling pretty good. Sure is nice to get out of plus size clothes! Nice to be able to walk without getting winded and especially nice to tie my shoes! I must say I'm bored with my diet. I'm looking for some different high Protein foods that will satisfy me. My weight is coming off much slower now. I'm cheating a little more now because I can tolerate most foods. Trying to get myself back on track... Need to purge my pantry again. I am especially fond of tortilla chips now and last costco trip, I bought two big bags! I'm somewhat ashamed of that!

Good luck to all of you.

I had surgery 2 weeks ago at ag3 67 and am still confused and having some buyer's remorse. I'm a little afraid of head hunger although haven''t had a fight with myself yet. it's just non-specific anxiety, if you know what I mean.

I read about all these people losing so fast and I wonder if our age slows it down somewhat. From pre-op diet one week before surgery to two week visit after surgery, I've only lost 16 lbs. I thought it would be a little quicker than that. I need some encouragement.

I'm so glad to see that there are so many other 60's out there.

Mrsbarrykh, hang in there! It gets better. You are losing just fine, in my opinion. It's hard to get all of your Protein and Water in at first. I think we all struggled with that. I think we older people have a small disadvantage... Maybe we aren't as active as the younger ones ... but I can tell you this... I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER NOW! Even though I'm losing a little slower, I'm fitting into nicer clothes... No more plus sizes. When I start to miss certain foods, I have to remind myself that I feel healthier because of the small sacrifice. I'll be looking for you here! Keep up the good work!

I am 67. A little over 4 months post op. For about 5 weeks recently I lost nothing. Now I lost over 5 more lbs. My surgeon said I might stay where I was weight wise, but I realize if I keep eating healthy I will continue losing. I find I can only cheat if I bring the junk home, so if you eat before you shop you won't be tempted to make bad choices. I am lucky my husband and I were both sleeved so that helps with meal planning. Best wishes everyone!

I am 60. Pre-op. On my way to surgery I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. (Stage one, grade one), So my journey to surgery has been sidelinesd. I'm having a hysterectomy on April 15 and then will have to wait to see what happens. I'm getting a lot out of reading this group.

I am 60. Pre-op. On my way to surgery I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. (Stage one, grade one), So my journey to surgery has been sidelinesd. I'm having a hysterectomy on April 15 and then will have to wait to see what happens. I'm getting a lot out of reading this group.

I am saying prayers for you. We all dread hearing something like this but it sounds as if they caught it quickly which is a positive thing. God Bless you, keep the faith, and be strong. Linda

I'm new to this site and am thrilled to find a 60's group on it. I'll be 68 next month and my surgery is scheduled for April 16. 2014 -- this coming Wednesday!. I'm excited, but also getting kinda nervous. I'd love to hear more about what the first few days and weeks of recovery were like for folks my age.

I was 65 when I had my surgery. Nov 12, 2012. Have lost 103 pounds... Below my goal. Trying not to lose more!!

I'm new to this site and am thrilled to find a 60's group on it. I'll be 68 next month and my surgery is scheduled for April 16. 2014 -- this coming Wednesday!. I'm excited, but also getting kinda nervous. I'd love to hear more about what the first few days and weeks of recovery were like for folks my age.

My husband and I are 67. Sleeved about 5 months ago. Now a distant memory lol! One night in the hospital, one dose of pain med at home, and took it easy a few days. Went to a mall and walked a few hours, about 5 days after surgery. Felt absolutely wonderful. I have gone from a 1X-2X, size 16-18 pants, to size 12 new shorts yesterday. I am off Metformin for diabetes, we are both off one HBP med, I have no more neuropathy pain in my feet for some reason, and I am not gasping for breath when I come home from the grocery store because of my asthma. I never went shopping before surgery, now I am a shopaholic, loving the new clothes and shoes. I cannot say we were that bored with the shakes after surgery, it was something we HAD to do so why complain. I changed them up by adding Crystal Light powders, SF pudding powders, SF Torani syrups. I buy no bread, Pasta, oil, Little Debbie cakes, fruit or diet sodas, anymore. My husband no longer has to eat massive mounts of fruit or 2 sweet cakes to keep his blood sugar from bottoming out during the night. Life is sweeter than we could have ever dreamed. Best gift we ever gave ourselves. Good luck to you, recovering from the surgery was 10 times easier than we expected it to be.

To Lindafromflorida & carol5417. Thanks so much for your responses! That's the kind of good news I need to hear. I'm so tired and scared and achy and short of breath right now it's hard to imagine I could feel like walking and shopping soon. If you pray, please keep me in your prayers. If I can get through this next week, I think I can make it. (I'll probably be saying the same thing the week after that :-)

To Lindafromflorida & carol5417. Thanks so much for your responses! That's the kind of good news I need to hear. I'm so tired and scared and achy and short of breath right now it's hard to imagine I could feel like walking and shopping soon. If you pray, please keep me in your prayers. If I can get through this next week, I think I can make it. (I'll probably be saying the same thing the week after that :-)

I will definitely say a prayer for you. My husband was more afraid of the surgery than me because he has terrible diabetes and health problems. The surgeon said to him "you should be scared", and as I reminded them both, not having the sleeve was scarier. The surgeon agreed. He came through the surgery like a champ. Cheers to added years to our life, and yours. Take one day at a time. The unknown is what is scary. I would say the best advice I can give is chew and eat slowly. Even 5 months out like we are.

I'm 61 and I was sleeved about 7-months ago! I haven't felt this good in years! I walk, bend over, tie my shoes and have no concerns about fitting into restaurant booths! I LOVE not having to shop in the plus-size stores. Cloths are looking pretty good on me now, even though I have about 40-pounds to go to get to my goal.

Good luck to you!

Any More Sixties???

here i am, here i am!!!!

i had WLS 2+ years ago

GOAL since 12/2012 :)

was sleeved just before i turned 58 years OLD

I'm now 60 years YOUNG!! :)

this ride has been amazing

had a few bumps on the road, not many

very happy camper :)

as everyone else says "wish I had this years ago :(

but they didn't perform the sleeve back in the days of the dinosaur!!!!! :lol:

i am the "proudgrammy" of three of the best grand-kids in the world :)

present company excluded!!! ;)

when i reached goal, i got my first and last tatto

promised hubby i wouldn't have another for the next 59 years!!! :lol:

in italics the first letter of each of the kids

M organ A ndrew E than

the MAE looks great on top of my right wrist

under each letter is a cute small red heart

good luck to all my fellow "sexy at 60's" :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Had a neat experience working for my nephew on a seawall here in Florida. A guy was hauling 120 yards of dirt in to fill the seawall using a Bobcat, and brought a couple guys in to help. Lets just say his helpers were really good at sitting and talking and not so good with a shovel and wheelbarrow. I was in the trenches throwing dirt like a madman...the job had to be done. When my nephew showed up, (he is a very direct talking person), he sized up the situation and let the guys have it.

He said, "You think you might start working today sometime? See that guy down there? He's 65, had cancer, and he keeps on working when I am huffing and puffing. What's your excuse?" Kinda made me feel good.

Before the sleeve I could barely climb the stairs to my bedroom. Thank you, God.