Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months Post-Op Before And After Pics

Ok, I am 2 months and 2 days post-op and about 6 months out from my initial consultation with my doctor. I am down just over 90 lbs, 50 pre-op and now 40+ post op (in 2 months). I just looked back at pics from my sister-in-law's wedding and can't believe how big I was at the time. I was somewhere around 315-318 at the time in this wedding pic and am now down to the mid 220's with about 40-45 lbs to go to goal.

I know others' pre and post-op pics were big inspirations to me so I want to share my transformation as potential motivation for others. But, the biggest inspiration is the little one and my wife in the last two pics. Don't mind the cheesy OBX gear we are wearing in the second pic, we were intentionally doing the "tourist" thing the day we left....lol

FebMe.jpg

LeavingOBX2012.jpg

OBXFamily.jpg

Wow!! You look amazing! Congratulations! you are right.. It is very encouraging to see other 'sleevers' transformations..I am only two weeks out and look forward to doing the same. Thank you for sharing!

Wow! You look so much younger! Congrats thanks for sharing!

Hi, I agree with everyone you look freaking fantastic! Keep up the good work.

You look like a different person... much younger. So excited for you and your great success!

Great pictures! What a huge transformation, and yes I agree, beautiful family, you are blessed. I can't wait to post pics as well, but maybe at like 6 months out, I'm only 5 weeks since surgery. Thanx for sharing!!

Wow, it is really noticeable. Good job!

Amazing transformation. Great job you have done. Keep it up..

What a beautiful family!!!!! You look fantastic and your lady and baby are absolutely beautiful!!!

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone, it really has been a great journey. Yeah, I am down over 90 lbs but to be honest, it doesn’t feel like it. It wasn't until I posted these pics that I realized how much of a difference there really is. This was the first time I have put before and, I guess you can call it "After" pics together. I use the term "after" loosely because it just hit 2 months over the weekend. The funny thing about this journey is that I didn’t realize that all of my aches and pains were the result of carrying that extra weight around on a frame that had always been sub 200 lbs. Well, except for the left knee issues but that is a sports related ACL tear problem. But, even with the ACL tear, the weight loss has nearly stopped the knee pain as well, only when it is over used does it hurt.

It is definitely nice to be on normal foods now! It is actually easier when I am at work because I pack the right foods in the morning and that is what I eat all day. Still eating about 5-6 times a day but the meals are so small, just enough to take the hunger away without feeling uncomfortable. Lots of Greek yogurt (Chobani Apple Cinnamon is amazing!), low fat or light string mozzarella cheese, EAS Protein drinks, and then usually a lean meat of some sort throughout the day and I am good!!!! I just returned from a weeklong vacation in the Outer Banks and traditionally, I gain 10 lbs from that week. There is so much food in the beach house that all you do is graze all day. Even if I tried, I couldn’t this year, it was awesome! I actually came back 1-2 lbs lighter and I was not too careful about what I ate (it was vacation!!!!). Now that I am back, I am back to being very disciplined once again, the sleeve makes it very easy to be disciplined!

I am not exercising like crazy though; my schedule just doesn’t permit the time to go nuts in the gym. But, I am riding my stationary bike daily and I walk a lot at work since our building is 1/5 of a mile long. Now that winter is coming and the days are getting shorter, I will dust off my Bowflex machine and start hitting the weights a little more, at least that is the plan. I am also mountain bike shopping although that may wait until spring as I don’t want to have to sit and look at it for the next 6 months waiting on the weather to break.

For those not sure, or on the fence, the sleeve is an amazing tool that when used correctly provides outstanding results. Less food, increased energy, and a renewed lease on life are the upsides. The first day or so following surgery weren’t what I would call "awesome" days, but barring complications, the recovery is quick. I highly recommend having it done robotically if you have that option!!! I had surgery on a Monday and could have easily returned to my desk job by Wednesday or Thursday, but instead, I had to wait until I was cleared at my 1 week appointment. The worst of this whole process....the drain tube. I would not say it hurt; it was just weird, especially them pulling it like a rip cord when it was time to remove it at my 1 week post-op appt.

Ok, sorry for the rambling mess that this probably comes across as but I just wanted to share my experience to this point.