Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing Size And Weight Lost-Help!

I know this may sound like a crazy question but here goes:

Has anyone been keeping a measurement of there sizes and weight.

I am asking this because I have lost 44 pounds, but is still wearing the same clothes. I dont think that I have dropped a size yet. Yes my clothes fit a lot baggier, but I am not able to get into a whole other size.

Here is my stats:

Started out at 279 sleeved on May 31 wore a size 18

Down now to 235

5'4 wearing a size 16 in pants.

I am totally confused, I would think that since I lost almost 50 pounds I would have dropped more than one size.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have!

I went from a size 20 to a 16 with out realizing it. It took me reaching 50 pounds lost before I was ready to look for smaller clothes, and I tried 18s and they were too large. I think its just everyone's body changes shape in different places in different ways.

It's probably that you've lost mostly Water weight...and that the largest parts of you have yet to shrink because the body will get rid of fat in the reverse of how it stored it in the first place. For example....your ankles, hands, neck and boobs may be the first things to shrink, while the belly and hips or whatever....may not go down that much, yet...so the waist of your clothes may fit but some other parts may not...yet. That may be why you are still able to donn bigger clothes. That's how it is for me, but I found that because I worked out quite a bit beforehand, that this time, my belly is shrinking, too. Once you are up to it...if you do even minimal exercise, I think you'll see more changes, and be easily wearing much smaller sizes.

Thanks Ladies for your response. @Cindimca4 I walk 2-3 miles a day. This includes alternating with weights on my legs/arms. Thanks for the information....My stomach has shrunk a little.

Since you stated it may be Water weight/....what do you mean by that. Oh yeah I have been getting better about getting my Water in, Do you think water pills would help?

Thanks for any suggestions! Be blessed!

I had gained about 50 pounds in the past few years, and was able to stay the same size (albeit a loose 18/20 to a tight one). It wouldn't shock me if it would be the same in reverse. I fully expect to use the same clothes I wear now for a while until they start falling off or looking really sloppy (I work in an office, so I need to look good/neat in business wear).

I'v lost 45 lbs and am still in my original size 16's. I can were a few 14, but not a lot. I was also sleeved in May. Your not alone.

From everything I have read the larger we are the long distance between sizes. For instance someone that ways 130lbs and drops to 115lbs may lose 2 sizes. I wnet from 220 to 260 and I am wearing the same stuff! However when I got closer to 200 I dropped sizes. I expect I will have enough stuff to last me until at least 200lbs.

Thanks Ladies for your response. @Cindimca4 I walk 2-3 miles a day. This includes alternating with weights on my legs/arms. Thanks for the information....My stomach has shrunk a little.

Since you stated it may be Water weight/....what do you mean by that. Oh yeah I have been getting better about getting my Water in' date=' Do you think water pills would help?

Thanks for any suggestions! Be blessed![/quote']

I think it unlikely that at almost 50 lbs it was mostly water weight - 10 lbs, maybe... 50 lbs seems more likely to be a loss of adipose tissue. And I think at the plus sizes we are able to stay in one size for a longer time than expected for sure - just wait until the smaller sizes and you will be shocked at how few lbs it will take to change sizes.

I was a 22/24 and it took just about 50 lbs to get to a smaller size. Now it is about 20 - 25 lbs to go down another size. Ohh... And it took about 70 lbs for anyone to notice (outside of family) that I lost weight! Just hang on and it will happen!!

I'm right at 239/240 right now and I'm losing sizes even though I'm not losing big chunks of weight. For me, I think it's due to exercise. Take your measurements. They are a much more accurate guide than the scale. :)

Think about it like a stone wall with 275 rocks. Take away 50 rocks, you see a difference but not that much. A little here, a little there, down to 170 rocks, take away 10 you notice it more. It definitely took a large drop to notice a difference. I could wear my size 20/22 stuff well into when I could fit into an 18. Then it just drops, drops, drops! I'd go buy stuff and just two weeks later have to exchange it for another size. People noticed at 200, but just since hitting 160 I've been getting the "Holy Cow! WOW!" responses.

Here were my stats:

270 - size 22

235 - size 20

215 - size 18

200 - size 16

188 - size 14

176 - size 12

168 - size 10

159 - can fit into size 8, but still most comfortable in 10

I was a 22/24 and it took just about 50 lbs to get to a smaller size. Now it is about 20 - 25 lbs to go down another size. Ohh... And it took about 70 lbs for anyone to notice (outside of family) that I lost weight! Just hang on and it will happen!!

That's what's kind of annoying me now! I want people to say that I've lost weight NOT that my hair looks great! Do you think they notice earlier and are just afraid to say something!

Larger sizes have more room between each size. You will get there eventually! I am 5'5 284.6 and still in a 24/26 depending on the cut of the pants. It just will take some time.

That's what's kind of annoying me now! I want people to say that I've lost weight NOT that my hair looks great! Do you think they notice earlier and are just afraid to say something!

You never really know but sometimes it's very hard for people to give honest compliments because they aren't truly happy with themselves and there for can't give you what they don't have.... Trust me, even a twenty pound loss most normal people can notice ....

Sent from my htc evo 3D using VST

In the "bigger" sizes, there is more of a spread differiential. I NEVER knew this ... until I hit the smaller sizes. I could be 50 to 60 lbs heavier and go from 16 to 18 or vice versa. It's like 5 lbs difference from a 6 to an 8 (not that I'm there... YET! smiles). I probably have record of my measurements and weights, but IDK off the top of my head.

The best advice that I can give you is... stay focused. Make sure you log and exercise and get your Water and Protein... it'll come off!

Best of luck to you always! xx