Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Paying For Surgery

I set my date for March 28th,2013 with Dr. Kelly in TJ. It gives me a deadline to save, use tax refund and will take a small loan from 401K if it becomes necessary.

I used some of our savings.

Husbands bonus - and used air miles to get where we needed to fly- and points for rooms in San Diego for our extra days! Ended up being a great deal- now just saving for plastics! :)

Cheers everyone <3

I did Flexible Spending Plan through my work. Spread it out over a year. So it wasn't that much of a inconvenience for my family. You might want to inquire if you have it at work. Plus it saves on taxes:)

I have this as well..never thought of trying that route..do you know if there is a limit to the amount you can have or if I could use it for surgery done in Mexico?

I've been saving all year for mine... Finally have the remainder amount, thank God! !

I have insurance.... Do you have insurance through your job if not the state pays for it through Medicaid .

Order My Steps Dear Lord...

I wish I could get Medicaid. Sadly I'm the large population that isn't dirt poor but just getting by( therefore I qualify for nthing). I do have insurance that I pay for Every month but WLS is not included.

I wish I could get Medicaid.

No you don't. To legaly get Medicaid you basicly have to be destitute. And I'm sure your integrity is of enough importance to not want it illegally.

No you don't. To legaly get Medicaid you basicly have to be destitute. And I'm sure your integrity is of enough importance to not want it illegally.

Well said.

You rock. Seriously.

I took out a loan with my credit union. I'll be paying it back for the next 4 years

Ok I just meant that I wish I could get it simply to pay for my surgery:)

Ok I just meant that I wish I could get it simply to pay for my surgery:)

Please refer to prior post about not qualifying

In reference to Medicaid you don't have to be dirt poor. Your family could have a need and if you fit within the guidelines you qualify for some assistance. Now im this case if you don't have enough coverage through your employer you can qualify for something called third party insurance. Look into it this is NOT Illegal you can show that you qualify. There are things set in place for you to use you just have to use the resources that you have.

Order My Steps Dear Lord...

I got fired, took my entire 401K, self paid, bought a motorcycle and a camera... saved the rest.. Got another job and a new me!