Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

THANKSGIVING!!!

I am actually excited about it. I love to cook for my family. Especially holiday meals. They seem to enjoy it more...no freaking complaining. But so not even worried about eating too much. I know that if I do, I will VOMIT. So, turkey first, and a little bite of this and a little bite of that. I may even have some pecan pie. Well, a bite or two.

The tiny tum WILL NOT allow me to over indulge. Okay, I could just drink milk shakes all the time. But I don't, and I won't. I want to eat real food and so I do. Just cannot eat much of it. Oh yeah!!

Looking forward to the holidays....really!!! I can focus on stuff other than food, so excited!

Grr is anyone else super annoyed that they just REMOVED our non VST tickers!!!! I didnt like the ones on here becuase they never worked correctly. I was using that other ticker to keep track of my weekly loss...now i have to go try to locate it and duplicate it here... :blink:

PS: you cant find your old ticker unless you have the web address which i dont becuase i would just click on it to get to it...sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoyed!!!!!

AWWW MAN!!! I cannot even get the one on here to work!! Crap!

AWWW MAN!!! I cannot even get the one on here to work!! Crap!

The one on here i dont like because when i put in my current weight it only does it in whole pounds and not ounces...but lets your starting weight have it. Ugh.

Thanksgiving? Nope. Not worried. I have to work and although I know there will be a full Thanksgiving meal there (we always bring food on the holidays) I won't eat much. Heck, half the time we don't even get lunch breaks anymore since we are always so busy and short staffed. And holidays tend to be pretty busy in the ER, unfortunately.

In other fabulous news...I put on a pair of jeans last night and they basically fell off (sz 22). I couldn't even wear them with a belt because they would be too bunched up. Woo! Hoo! And this morning I stepped on the scale and finally hit the 220's!!! It's gonna be a good day y'all.

Ok so where do I begin. First I will say congrats to all on their loss. Next I will at thanks for all the post. I really needed to see a lot of them. Saw my nut a couple weeks ago and was advised that I need to intake bout 1000cal a day and really don't have to worry to much about fat carbs be cause not taking in a lot of food. Yeah I still have that problem. Four bites and full. I need to eat much slower. I really haven't lost much weight. No Hair loss. I walk five days a week for an hour and still might do some toning. I think I have fell off the wagon and just need to get back on. Cheating, yeah I have been doing that. Didn't go to my support meeting :( really needed that. Was sleeved on 9/17 and have lost a total of 34lbs with 8 being preop. Good note I finally found a job. Praise God! Had to go and buy clothes for work and the old me went to the plus size and to my surprise I had to go from 18/20 to 12/14. That is when it became a reality that this is working. I have not lost any inches though. I am taking suggestions in getting back on the wagon and may be I should just go back to the basics and start with liquids etc. I don't know help!

Ok so where do I begin. First I will say congrats to all on their loss. Next I will at thanks for all the post. I really needed to see a lot of them. Saw my nut a couple weeks ago and was advised that I need to intake bout 1000cal a day and really don't have to worry to much about fat carbs be cause not taking in a lot of food. Yeah I still have that problem. Four bites and full. I need to eat much slower. I really haven't lost much weight. No Hair loss. I walk five days a week for an hour and still might do some toning. I think I have fell off the wagon and just need to get back on. Cheating' date=' yeah I have been doing that. Didn't go to my support meeting :( really needed that. Was sleeved on 9/17 and have lost a total of 34lbs with 8 being preop. Good note I finally found a job. Praise God! Had to go and buy clothes for work and the old me went to the plus size and to my surprise I had to go from 18/20 to 12/14. That is when it became a reality that this is working. I have not lost any inches though. I am taking suggestions in getting back on the wagon and may be I should just go back to the basics and start with liquids etc. I don't know help![/quote']

How much have you lost?

How did u drop 2 clothes sizes without losing any inches??! That doesnt even sound possible. But anyway, your doing good so just keep up good work! Us slow losers will succeed!! :-)

Hi everyone! Computer was down yesterday so I could not post.

Namanda- I would LOVE a transition gym. You are so blessed to have access to that. Keep up the good work.

NGMA- I love frozen yougurt. I used to go ALL the time before the surgery. Probably too much.

Savanna- I keep stalling too. I had a good week last week and now this week I am stuck again. Even up 2 pounds, WHAT??

FOR-ME- It sounds like you are doing great! I was a 22-24 to start and I am now an 18-20. I can not wait to hit size 12!

jenna i see your ticker

momof thats my plan as well, eat my turkey first and than a little bit of dressing, mac cheese greens, and a little dessert if i have the appetite for it lol

momo yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i know that felt good. congrats girlie you deserve that happy feeling

forme 34lbs is awesome you are doing great. my nut told me that average weight loss for sleevers should be 30lbs in 3 months and she said i was doing great i lost 29lb in 2 monts and you lost 34lbs so you are on track. man i cant wait to get to an 11/12 i will be one happy camper.

im doing a lot better since the talk with my nut. just finished Breakfast and my tummyis making its cute little noises, its happy i had 1 strip of non cured bacon and 3/4 cup of kashi heart to heart Cereal and 1/2 nonfat milk. yummmyyyyyyyyyy. talk with you guys soon

kparker. now i can only eat 2oz and im full plus i get a little upset tummy so wont have that to often. but it was a treat.

NGM- The place I went before was the one where you add all of your toppings yourself and you pay by weight. I know there were sugar free options and I will definitely go for that this summer. It will help with the Protein, and like you said a couple of oz is a nice treat!!

With everyone expressing concern about over-eating on Thanksgiving, consider this (taken from My Fitness Pal):

2 oz white meat turkey - 70 calories

1/8 C cornbread dressing - 37 calories

1/8 C mashed potatoes (made with whole milk & butter) - 30 calories

1/8 C mashed sweet potatoes - 23 calories

1/8 C green bean casserole - 23 calories

1/4 C turkey gravy - 25 calories

So IF you could eat all of the above, your total calorie intake would be a whopping 208 calories.

Gee whiz - worries gone! No, you might not get in all of your Protein - for this ONE day. And you might exceed your carbs - for this ONE day. But really, at 208 calories I'm not even thinking about being bothered by this at all (and let's face it, NO WAY can any of us eat that much in one sitting).

Now the big "gotcha" will be the Desserts. A slice of pumpkin or pecan pie has about 400 calories (1/8 of 9" pie). But ya know, the 2-3 bites we're going to have, whatever!

So enjoy the day with your family. Have a nibble of this and a taste of that. We all have to learn to live REAL LIVES and holidays with food is part of that. Just remember that Friday it's no longer the holiday and get back on track with protein, fluids, etc.

We're all going to be just fine - I KNOW it!

If we have to lose hair why can't it be on our legs and underarms...... just sayin'

suepeeps lol

gettingthere i like that

I'm not to worried about over eating in Thanksgiving Day, as I hate having that stuck feeling. I also plan on eating a few bites here and there. The only thing that sucks is that I can't have corn and I love corn with my Thanksgiving dinner. Oh well.