Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I was sleeved September 4th and have lost 35 pounds including 13 before surgery. I've been completely stalled for at least 2 weeks now and I'm trying not to obsess. I get my Protein in and my calories are about 1000 per day but I am having a very hard time with fluids. I likely get 20 to 30 oz a day on average. I've never been able to drink much so this is a lot for me but not even half of where I should be. I also don't exercise. Need to start that.

@Newgrandmother...me to same phase. Worried. But I guess it is what it is. I'll keep doing what I'm doing. I'll make good choices. I'll up my exercise. And I'll work on getting in my Water. Since the weather has changed, it's alot harder to get it in.

Also trying not to obsess. Maybe I'll just start acting like a thin person (or how I think one would act) and have more energy all day long and then sleep like the dead.

Think I need to up my Protein. Haven't been getting in as much.

NG - My nut does allow small amounts of bread and Pasta if Protein is eaten first, but I am choosing not to have any at this time, though not to say i wont cave at some point and try some, like maybe at Thanksgiving, ha ha. My Protein goal is 75 but was told not a problem to get more.

Have found that I really enjoy lifting weights. I do the cardio because i know I have to, but can't say I really enjoy it. Wish my transitional gym was open more hours. I guess I need to suck it up and go to the gym where I am paying for a membership. It is just nice knowing that everyone at the transitional gym has either had surgery or is on the weight loss plan and there is a trainer there that really pushes, but in a good way.

I was referring to a private support group site on FB for patients of my surgeon. It's awesome!

Please share the name

Went to the transitional gym at my surgeons office today and weighed in after my work out. I was sleeved September 13th and am down 74lbs as of today. dde03 20lbs before surgery and 54 since. Very happy. Long way to go' date=' but have to start somewhere.[/quote']

Congratulations!!!!

green we had our surgery the same day and lost the same amount of weight how wierd is that

namanda what is your secret i was sleeved sept 12 and only down 29 care to share

today is a good day for me so far. i made 9 weeks today

Love it. So glad I'm not alone. ????

We are all doing great! Remember what we looked like and felt like before September 2012...Faith is trusting the process of letting go!! blessed, faith and not giving up!!

Please share the name

The site is only for patients of Dr. David Kim in Dallas/Fort Worth. The administrators of the site only accept "friends" who are his patients. The purpose of the site is to provide LOCAL support and encouragement for patients of the same surgeon who have the same surgeon and generally live in the same area.

I'd encourage anyone whose surgeon doens't have a private FB support group to start one.

Is anyone worried about Thanksgiving next week? I'm worried about two things. 1 - that I will try to eat too much and end up in the bathroom YUCK. and 2 - that I will feel deprived because I can't even manage a taste of all the goodies much less the huge servings I used to eat.

Will I be able to make healthy, wise choices when faced with the traditional Thanksgiving feast? Any tips, does anyone have a plan of action to share??

I am SO looking forward to Thanksgiving! I plan to have a bite of my fav things. I know it will satisfy me. 2bites of turkey to 1 bite of something else....that is my plan. My favorite thing is that I wont feel like a stuffed pig and gain weight.

Loving my sleeve!

me to suepeeps. i will have a little of everything every 2-3 hrs lol

Thanksgiving - no big worries for me..... My fiance' is an airline pilot and he won't be home until Friday morning and we're leaving as soon as he gets for a long weekend at the race track and he could care less about Thanksgiving dinner.< /p>

Going to my mom's for a small family dinner. And my mom is one of those naturally thin people who doesn't at all go overboard with cooking. Probably because she's not a very good cook (of course she doesn't know that so please don't tell her! :) ).

I'll enjoy a couple of bites of her dressing though - she does a great job on that.

And I'll keep reminding myself how thankful I am for my sleeve and the tool I have to prevent me from stuffing myself to the point of misery this year.

Remember, if you do overeat or eat things that you've been avoiding for several weeks now, it's not the end of the world. You have the ability and the tool to get right back on track Friday morning. Think - normal weight people splurge on Thanksgiving without beating themselves up - they just go back to healthy eating habits the next day. We can do the same. This year we'll be eating 2-3 bites of pie - not 2-3 (or more) pieces of pie.

Good luck everyone!

Is anyone worried about Thanksgiving next week? I'm worried about two things. 1 - that I will try to eat too much and end up in the bathroom YUCK. and 2 - that I will feel deprived because I can't even manage a taste of all the goodies much less the huge servings I used to eat.

Will I be able to make healthy' date=' wise choices when faced with the traditional Thanksgiving feast? Any tips, does anyone have a plan of action to share??[/quote']

Just remember why we are here today and all that we have been through.

Never forget..... Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!!

Grr is anyone else super annoyed that they just REMOVED our non VST tickers!!!! I didnt like the ones on here becuase they never worked correctly. I was using that other ticker to keep track of my weekly loss...now i have to go try to locate it and duplicate it here... :blink:

PS: you cant find your old ticker unless you have the web address which i dont becuase i would just click on it to get to it...sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoyed!!!!!